Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have no idea if i have helminth cyst on my gauss prime

Guzikowyy

i cant really tell, if i have that cyst, but i can enter helminth room with my frame. I dont have helminth segment, so i only can remove cyst from my frame. I have done mission with my infected friend, but cyst still havent even showed up. Is there some bug, that makes gauss's prime cyst invisible?

i cant really tell, if i have that cyst, but i can enter helminth room with my frame. I dont have helminth segment, so i only can remove cyst from my frame. I have done mission with my infected friend, but cyst still havent even showed up. Is there some bug, that makes gauss's prime cyst invisible?

It's inside his body, as it's probablyh the default (0,0,0) positioning and needs a fix. Anyways, if you want to know if it's infected you should have the option to remove it, and if you don't have the segment and can enter it's probably afflicted.

Edited by NightmareT12

It asks you if you want to destroy it first. 

So if it asks you, you have it. If it doesn't, you don't. 

The cyst also takes some time to mature to full size. So if you can't see it, but do have it, could be two reasons. One? Certain Warframe designs make it hard to see. Two. It might be too small, and needs to grow. Takes a few days to actually be at its largest. So if you only just got infected, might be hard to see, 

I don't know whether Gauss Primes design interferes with it, but you could try switching the skin to a different one, to see if it shows up there. Again though, you will want to make sure its at full maturity first. 

Good luck. 

Destroying the cyst does not destroy the frame, so I don't see why you'd need to farm another Gauss Prime.

The thing that destroys the frame is the Subsume function, which requires the Helminth Segment, and doesn't work on Prime frames anyway.

Besides, there's not much reason to keep the cyst either, especially after you get the Helminth Charger (unless I'm forgetting something), with the exception of utilising it in FashionFrame, I suppose.

Unless [DE] has changed the coding of the Helminth room, then being able to enter it as a frame other than Nidus should mean that you have the Helminth Cyst, yes, though I don't think It needs to be fully mature to enter the room.

Last time I checked, however, it does need to be fully mature to be removed (again, unless they've changed something).

Edited by MarakViri

5 minutes ago, MarakViri said:

Destroying the cyst does not destroy the frame

i meant if i want to change gauss ability. if i would destroy the cyst i would need to farm another gauss to have that cyst and change ability. I am scared, bc i havent used helminth in my lifetime.

The cyst has nothing to do with the Subsume/Helminth ability. It predates the system entirely.

Cysts also have a chance to regrow later (after a brief Immunity period) anyway.

The Cyst (or a Nidus) is needed to open the door to the Helminth Room (until you install the Helminth Segment), I think, but that's about it.

If you want to change Gauss' ability, you need to get the Helminth Segment. If you want one of the Subsumable abilities (from other frames), you need to sacrifice the non-prime version if that frame, and then you can add it to the frame of your choice after 24 hours (or 50 plat), once the Helminth has "digested" the frame. You also only need to sacrifice each frame once, and you can add their abilities as many times as you want, provided you have the resources.

TLDR; Cysts have nothing to do with that system

Edited by MarakViri

Nothing will automatically destroy the cyst. The game will ask you a question. To destroy the cyst or to use it (the Helminth) for the other functions. 

Like if you want to keep the cyst, for whatever reasons? (Some people like it, maybe later you want to create a Helminth Charger etc), Just don't choose the destroy option. 

Then like the other replies say, the two systems are very different. Nothing is done automatically, you have to select it. 

I understand being a bit worried, if you have not done it before. It will always ask you questions though (well in this situation specifically). 

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

It asks you if you want to destroy it first. 

So if it asks you, you have it. If it doesn't, you don't. 

The cyst also takes some time to mature to full size. So if you can't see it, but do have it, could be two reasons. One? Certain Warframe designs make it hard to see. Two. It might be too small, and needs to grow. Takes a few days to actually be at its largest. So if you only just got infected, might be hard to see, 

I don't know whether Gauss Primes design interferes with it, but you could try switching the skin to a different one, to see if it shows up there. Again though, you will want to make sure its at full maturity first. 

Good luck. 

actually you can pop the cyst the moment it starts to grow now. Thank Satan for that small mercy.

1 hour ago, MarakViri said:

The cyst has nothing to do with the Subsume/Helminth ability. It predates the system entirely.

Cysts also have a chance to regrow later (after a brief Immunity period) anyway.

The Cyst (or a Nidus) is needed to open the door to the Helminth Room (until you install the Helminth Segment), I think, but that's about it.

If you want to change Gauss' ability, you need to get the Helminth Segment. If you want one of the Subsumable abilities (from other frames), you need to sacrifice the non-prime version if that frame, and then you can add it to the frame of your choice after 24 hours (or 50 plat), once the Helminth has "digested" the frame. You also only need to sacrifice each frame once, and you can add their abilities as many times as you want, provided you have the resources.

TLDR; Cysts have nothing to do with that system

cysts don't regrow if you pop them in the chair. If you make a helminth charger by draining one, then they regrow. I have done it multiple time both ways and it has never varied from this pattern.

• Like 2