Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens and Rolls, Would it be possible to reroll the weapon?

After my previous post I thought of a different idea, that wouldn't be market crashing or as incredibly damaging to the economy or to the community. What if Rivens were allowed to have the weapon on them rolled but the stats kept? It could have a high cost or be once a week thing from doing endgame content, and it would achieve the desired effect of making it easier to get the riven you want. Sure they'd still be expensive but then just the stats on a riven matter more in some cases, like if you get a zaw riven for example or a melee riven that has good stats on a weapon you enjoy you can slowly reroll for a weapon you'd want to change to. Like a stat stick or a weapon better for critical stats.

Expensive weapons would still be expensive, but getting a riven with good stats would be an easier achievable goal for anyone and so having the option to reroll the weapon would make trading them more likely. Since it would likely change into wanting specific types instead. Though it also could take a dark turn and everyone only rolls for the good weapons and never any of the less common ones, so the idea definitely still has a lot of flaws.

Ooooh, haha.

For some reason I saw the title and was thinking “Re-roll…. the stats on a weapon?”. I get what you’re saying now

🤔 It does make me wonder if it might not defeat the purpose a little of getting players more interested in less-popular weapons if you can just re-roll to a favourite that would most likely be popular?

Edited by Merkranire

31 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Ooooh, haha.

For some reason I saw the title and was thinking “Re-roll…. the stats on a weapon?”. I get what you’re saying now

🤔 It does make me wonder if it might not defeat the purpose a little of getting players more interested in less-popular weapons if you can just re-roll to a favourite that would most likely be popular?

Yeah that's probably another big issue if the system was implemented, since rivens originally were, and still are, meant to help the less popular weapons. I think anyone who would want to use them though, the current riven system still makes it really hard to acquire a riven for them sometimes. So I believe having a system like this would instead help just as much towards that objective. since as of right now you can't really keep space for the less used weapons unless you happen to like the weapon yourself.

If you can reroll weapons, it wouldn't hurt to keep one around to have fun with or just to reroll one to use for different weapons which might make more terrible ones more common on the market too since if they had good stats it would still be worth selling. Though if it really became a problem you could make it a different type of Riven too, call them Prismatic rivens or something. So we can only hold x prismatic rivens and they can roll the weapon and keep whatever stats they have on them.

Edited by SirJackDaReaper

Just now, SirJackDaReaper said:

Yeah that's probably another big issue if the system was implemented, since rivens originally were, and still are, meant to help the less popular weapons. I think anyone who would want to use them though, the current riven system still makes it really hard to acquire a riven for them sometimes. So I believe having a system like this would instead help just as much towards that objective. since as of right now you can't really keep space for the less used weapons unless you happen to like the weapon yourself.

I think it’ll end up like a lot of other systems, as something introduced for one purpose and then warped into another.

Like, I’d not mind a Riven for my Argonak, but I don’t see people rolling for anything but a handful which will typically be popular because of close-to-meta reasons. As it stands, I might just buy some cheap riven that someone thinks is garbage and either roll it a few times or just use it as-is, since Rivens can impact in good/fun ways than just whatever’s considered necessary for a G-roll

I don't see this accomplishing much, other than asking people to spend even more Kuva on rerolling the riven if say, it's just alright/good on one weapon, but then another weapon gets released where that riven's stats would be REALLY good on it, and being able to make it go to the new weapon (as opposed to farming another riven specifically for the second weapon.)

45 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't see this accomplishing much, other than asking people to spend even more Kuva on rerolling the riven if say, it's just alright/good on one weapon, but then another weapon gets released where that riven's stats would be REALLY good on it, and being able to make it go to the new weapon (as opposed to farming another riven specifically for the second weapon.)

That's kind of what I'm wanting it to be, it's not only accomplishing that but letting you:
1) Roll a riven you like for a potentially different weapon you like to try different builds/
2) Get really good stats for a weapon that could sell for lots if you want currency
3) Or as you said roll for a weapon that's new