Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Non prime weapon skins to be equipped on prime weapons

Platypus86

I find begin able to equip the non prime weapon skins really nice since the mechanic is already there with warframe skins, and some prime weapons (imo) look better as their non prime look.

Edited by Platypus86
Orthography error
  • Like 5

• Platypus86 changed the title to Allow Non prime weapon skins to be equipped on prime weapons
2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It blows my mind that almost 11 years on we still don't have this.

To be fair, the unprimed skins on primed frames didn't happen until a bit more than halfway into those eleven years. This has been requested just as long as that though and with variant base skins like the solstice cosmetics using the same models, it's probably one of those "inevitable" things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It blows my mind that almost 11 years on we still don't have this.

1 hour ago, ThePredicament said:

it's probably one of those "inevitable" things.

I've talked about this before on similar topics, but if it was easy, they would have already done it. Doubling the weapons skins can be used on would only add value to skins.

Whats probably the issue is that the tech changes would need to be implemented per weapon on an individual basis, and theres just so many weapons that its not financially viable to put someone time down on it.

It would definitely be nice to have, that and letting us use 'prime features' toggle on voidshell skins!

On 2024-02-09 at 2:37 AM, chaotea said:

Whats probably the issue is that the tech changes would need to be implemented per weapon on an individual basis, and theres just so many weapons that its not financially viable to put someone time down on it.

Probably, yes. DE seems to have for some unfathomable reason decided to make the gameplay functionality of some weapons rely on animations tied to the model or something like that. IIRC that's the excuse for why so many "universal" Rifle skins aren't in face universal, like on the Quellor (praise be).