Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a question about rooms that need to be "kept" in a dojo.

Black_Cat_Jinx

Question

*Listed as mods because I don't know what else to say.

So, I'm the warlord in a tier 9 dojo, nothing special. Since cross save went live I now actually have other people who are in my clan. And my dojo.... Sprawls. To the extent that it is referred to as "Jinx's backrooms." or "The maze."

Since there appears to be no system that I can just deconstruct the tiles into individual blocks and re-arrange them, I am slowly working on remodeling the place inch by painful inch.

What I want to know is how many of my halls, barracks, etc, need to be retained because at this point most of them are just empty rooms. I'd rather just have my forest main hall with labs and drydock, navigation center, necessary generators, and a few private rooms for clan members to decorate as they wish.

I know I have to keep an oracle for what ever reason but with halls and main halls and great halls and grand halls and.... there has to be some of this mess I can delete.

9 answers to this question

As long as you and others don't mind losing access to things while you rebuild, the only thing you can't remove is the starter hall.  And unless they changed it, you get the resources you spent on a room back when you deconstruct it, and I'm like 85% sure that includes the plat spent to rush it if you did so.  Memory is a bit fuzzy, but I deconstructed my entire dojo when I took it over from an IRL friend that quit playing, and when I deconstructed it, plat ended up going into the clan vault, along with tons of forma and resources.  It takes literal weeks to tear down because of the arbitrary and pointless timer on it, and then it takes forever to rebuild as well, but as long as you plan it properly (and DE doesn't screw you over with new rooms that don't fit anywhere reasonable, like the Drydock.) then there's no real reason you have to keep anything you have built.

My starter hall isn't even accessible without going through hidden passages in the "non-functional" part of the dojo, so you don't have to worry about building important things off of it.  If you really want to keep a specific room, you might be screwed though, especially if it's in the middle of everything you want to tear down.  It has to connect to the starter hall, and you can't tear down anything between them.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

As long as you and others don't mind losing access to things while you rebuild, the only thing you can't remove is the starter hall.  And unless they changed it, you get the resources you spent on a room back when you deconstruct it, and I'm like 85% sure that includes the plat spent to rush it if you did so.  Memory is a bit fuzzy, but I deconstructed my entire dojo when I took it over from an IRL friend that quit playing, and when I deconstructed it, plat ended up going into the clan vault, along with tons of forma and resources.  It takes literal weeks to tear down because of the arbitrary and pointless timer on it, and then it takes forever to rebuild as well, but as long as you plan it properly (and DE doesn't screw you over with new rooms that don't fit anywhere reasonable, like the Drydock.) then there's no real reason you have to keep anything you have built.

My starter hall isn't even accessible without going through hidden passages in the "non-functional" part of the dojo, so you don't have to worry about building important things off of it.  If you really want to keep a specific room, you might be screwed though, especially if it's in the middle of everything you want to tear down.  It has to connect to the starter hall, and you can't tear down anything between them.  

You remember correctly. You get a full 100% refund on everything that was expended to construct a room, from the normal resources to the platinum spent on rushing it. Everything is refunded to the clan vault, which is pulled from as a priority for any new construction. In other words, the only "cost" for rebuilding a dojo is the time it takes for rooms to deconstruct.

Unfortunately, you can't rush deconstruction. Fortunately, however, deconstruction only takes 2 hours and you can have any number of rooms deconstructing at once. That doesn't help for long hallways, of course, but it's nice if you're deconstructing a bunch of branched structures at once.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

deconstruction only takes 2 hours

Did they change that?  I would have sworn that it took 24.  I might have just been thinking about build time.  All I know, is that despite my grievances with the system, I'm still glad I did it.  I have a layout that makes sense, with trading, labs, and all utility rooms all directly in your face as soon as you spawn in, with all the purely decorative rooms branched out from that.  Except for my drydock, which was too big to fit anywhere reasonable.  

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Did they change that?  I would have sworn that it took 24.  I might have just been thinking about build time.  All I know, is that despite my grievances with the system, I'm still glad I did it.  I have a layout that makes sense, with trading, labs, and all utility rooms all directly in your face as soon as you spawn in, with all the purely decorative rooms branched out from that.  Except for my drydock, which was too big to fit anywhere reasonable.  

Dunno if it's ever been changed, but I know it's 2 hours for deconstruction (universally, no room has a different timer). I know this because I completely rebuilt my clan's entire dojo (tore it down until the only thing left was the initial clan hall) in preparation for Dagath's release. They had everything functional (all the labs, obstacle course, etc etc) as well as a dozen or so decorative rooms and so many hallways. I spent about a week playing all day every day, just resetting a 2 hour timer on my phone to keep returning to the dojo to start the next deconstruction step.

Build timers depend on the room being built, but I just rushed everything because I personally have basically infinite plat.

Edited by Hexerin

5 hours ago, Black_Cat_Jinx said:

So what I am hearing here is that oracle, barracks, all the rooms I never touch I have to keep because "That's just how things are."

Well, is what it is then.

They serve as prerequisites to build other rooms, so they are mandatory (just like you're going to have all the clan halls, because they give building capacity). While you're doing your rebuild, you can tear them down without problems though (like mentioned earlier in the thread, the only thing that can't be deconstructed is the initial clan hall a dojo starts with).

Personally, I just tossed any "extra" stuff in an area that people can't access (by blocking it off with decorations). A bonus is that since my dojo is multi-level, the map is bugged and everything is a jumbled mess (so you can't even see the hidden stuff on the map).

How I did it, for visual context:

Spoiler

Here's the map (fixed via a temporary workaround) showing the hidden stuff in the upper left (two clan halls, for capacity):

93ca44a520b3530f1859e32ab7b5ba5b.jpg

Here's how I blocked off those two side hallways that lead back to that hidden area:

4e7443e3fab1e5d8cbf07f633052b1ef.jpg

Here's a better view of both gates, the door you see is the elevator for context:

b12f7d5882fe945b7a38164fcf014fc6.jpg

The gate decoration is called "Solaris Security Gate" and I feel it fits really well with the dojo's Tenno architecture. It's an absolute nightmare to get it to fit into those archways though, so if you want to do something similar just bear in mind you'll be screwing around with them for a while.

c8e0185fc6db0c1344d82f59b123a005.png

Edited by Hexerin

23 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm like 85% sure that includes the plat spent to rush it if you did so.

It does. I do this all the time with my Dojo; I have a small pool of plat in the Vault (you can't take stuff out of the Vault no matter what) so anytime a new room comes out, I build it at a random dead end and rush it with the stored plat, then build the room where I actually want it to go. Then when it's finished I destroy the temporary room, and the plat goes back into the Vault. That way I get access to the room right away without bothering about its final location.

Edited by GrayArchon
wording

6 hours ago, Black_Cat_Jinx said:

So what I am hearing here is that oracle, barracks, all the rooms I never touch I have to keep because "That's just how things are."

You can destroy them if you build copies of them elsewhere, or if you destroy the rooms that require them. For example, if you're really breaking your Dojo down to the starting hall and rebuilding it, you can destroy all your labs, and then you'll be able to destroy the Oracle. You just need another Oracle if you want to build the labs again.

On 2024-02-11 at 8:04 AM, Black_Cat_Jinx said:

No, you can remove them.  You can even build duplicates of them.  You can remove every single thing except the initial starter hall.  And considering they're 1 door rooms, they can't have anything branching from them, so they can't be parents for order of deletion.