Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove Undercroft from Duviri Experience main objective

Unlike in Lone Story which is a straight rush, in Duviri Experience people usually like to split up across the plain to explore and immerse the environments, gather resources/decree and find fragments, feed the maws, and solve Enigma puzzles, same as the other Openworld plains, for almost an hour before finishing the Orowyrm, or even leave after getting enough resources without taking on the Orowyrm at all.

And to have Undercroft force dragging everyone in when someone enters (unlike in the three other plains where everyone can vote to start or cancel the bounty when someone carelessly accepts one in blaze) and leave them at the entrance far away from where they were after it's done is interrupting and sometimes progress breaking especially when trying to solve Enigma puzzles or trying to find the fragment they heard or marking it for others to grab. Duviri Experience is enjoyable except for Undercroft, and with the force dragging part it becomes one of the biggest Duviri killjoys, and Circuit is the better place to farm Rune Marrow anyway. Removing Undercroft from the main objective of Duviri Experience would let everyone freely roam acroos the plain without interruption and greatly smoothen the Duviri experience

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Salvator_Dracerta said:

Removing Undercroft from the main objective of Duviri Experience would let everyone freely roam acroos the plain without interruption and greatly smoothen the Duviri experience

It would also remove the opportunity for people to earn Arcanes. Some people are good at communicating, others not so much. Some people are capable of doing the experience solo. Others are happy too. Going to public lobby for any number of reasons to include the additional intrinsics they get from other people working on decrees. 

Some people will go into the Duviri Experience and rush it as though it were a lone story. It doesn't make any sense but that's what happens. 

However I don't see a solution in removing the undercroft all together because you're actually removing another opportunity through those side missions to get drops that otherwise would not be available. 

33 minutes ago, Salvator_Dracerta said:

Unlike in Lone Story which is a straight rush, in Duviri Experience people usually like to split up across the plain to explore and immerse the environments, gather resources/decree and find fragments, feed the maws, and solve Enigma puzzles, same as the other Openworld plains, for almost an hour before finishing the Orowyrm, or even leave after getting enough resources without taking on the Orowyrm at all.

And to have Undercroft force dragging everyone in when someone enters (unlike in the three other plains where everyone can vote to start or cancel the bounty when someone carelessly accepts one in blaze) and leave them at the entrance far away from where they were after it's done is interrupting and sometimes progress breaking especially when trying to solve Enigma puzzles or trying to find the fragment they heard or marking it for others to grab. Duviri Experience is enjoyable except for Undercroft, and with the force dragging part it becomes one of the biggest Duviri killjoys, and Circuit is the better place to farm Rune Marrow anyway. Removing Undercroft from the main objective of Duviri Experience would let everyone freely roam acroos the plain without interruption and greatly smoothen the Duviri experience

I agree with you in the regards to farming, you got to the duviri experience to farm, i don’t think you should be auto pulled into the undercroft in this mode, but in the lone story this is a different story i’ve had people go off and farm while others complete the bounty, this game mode is to get to the orowyrm asap not to farm, i’ve had instances where people are farming and holding up the progress so i use the portal to pull them in, you are not there to farm, so the undercroft has its pros and cons.

i don’t squad up at all now for duviri content, especially steel path lone story i hate doing it in a squad.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

It would be nice to be able to leave the undercroft once inside, instead of trapping you in there. I once did a side mission then accidently ran in to the gate when it spawned near where I was. Stuck in there for a good 10 minutes as people were getting more intrinsics.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

but in the lone story this is a different story i’ve had people go off and farm while others complete the bounty, this game mode is to get to the orowyrm asap not to farm, i’ve had instances where people are farming and holding up the progress so i use the portal to pull them in, you are not there to farm, so the undercroft has its pros and cons.

Agree. Exactly why I want Undercroft to be removed from the main objective in only Duviri Experience and not also Lone Story. As I said, it is a straight rush and by entering this instead of Experience you are supposed to not have anything else to do anyway lol. So having Undercroft and its force pulling in its main objective wouldn't be a problem there, unlike Duviri Experience.

1 hour ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

It would also remove the opportunity for people to earn Arcanes. Some people are good at communicating, others not so much. Some people are capable of doing the experience solo. Others are happy too. Going to public lobby for any number of reasons to include the additional intrinsics they get from other people working on decrees. 

Some people will go into the Duviri Experience and rush it as though it were a lone story. It doesn't make any sense but that's what happens. 

However I don't see a solution in removing the undercroft all together because you're actually removing another opportunity through those side missions to get drops that otherwise would not be available. 

I said I want to remove Undercroft only from the Experience main objective, not entirely from Experience.

The non-objective portals would still be there to access with at least 7 acquired decree at the party's agreed convenience as usual. And afaik you need to run 3 SP Undercrofts to get the arcanes without pushing through SP Circuit rank11+ (but tbf I've never seen any party hit the third for the arcanes after done the two in the main objective). And all the other Undercroft exclusive stuff like Rune Marrow can be farmed much better in Circuit anyway.

So I think removing it from the Experience's main objective would not affect those who want to talk the party to run it much, but would be much less forcing to those who just want to roam around the plain.

1 hour ago, SABRETOOTH1971 said:

It would be nice to be able to leave the undercroft once inside, instead of trapping you in there. I once did a side mission then accidently ran in to the gate when it spawned near where I was. Stuck in there for a good 10 minutes as people were getting more intrinsics.

Oh damn right, another important annoying point I forgot to mention 🤦‍♂️I had been there like half an hour lol

hope DE will notice that too

3 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:
3 hours ago, Salvator_Dracerta said:

Removing Undercroft from the main objective of Duviri Experience would let everyone freely roam acroos the plain without interruption and greatly smoothen the Duviri experience

It would also remove the opportunity for people to earn Arcanes.

What arcanes? Unless I'm missing something, then I get 0 arcanes and I had 2 undercroft thing.

Whatever, why not do this:

- remove undercroft (or at least make people not teleport to it, unless it's main mission or something)

- give us arcanes doing Duviri things

- give more arcanes in Curcuit. Now we are doing 33 missions in SP and we get like 3 arcane?

Honestly I'm a returning player and I've played the duviri story and personally I was led to believe that I would at least have had a choice to play as my drifter for once more than my warframe and I was down for that but when I beat it and still had to do the under croft and I'm stuck with a limit of 5 lives in the plains and undercroft I was like oh come on I have to balance learning this new drifter combat and playing regular but random warframes literally all I don't know besides exca really well. I was tempted to just give up but OF COURSE they give you literal dual skianas "teshin's swords" I feel like I'm forced to play both at that point. and by that point it no longer feels fun but more like a chore.. all in all really disappointed hoped it would be like the other plains as well.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

What arcanes? Unless I'm missing something, then I get 0 arcanes and I had 2 undercroft thing.

Arcane Portal Rewards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        From the 33.5 patch notes:

You must have at minimum 7 decrees to enter an optional (non-main quest) Undercroft Portal, these can be found quickly using teleport as soon as you enter Duviri. It is recommended to list the locations in squad chat as waypoints are not persistent. After the completion of each Portal, you will be awarded a random Arcane according to the drop tables listed below. You can enter these before you defeat the Oworym, or in the alternative, they will show up on the host's map as an option upon the defeat of the Orowyrm. 
Rewards: Completion of a side objective Undercroft Portal rewards the following:                                                                                                                                                                                  

Default (Regular Path) - A Rare Decree, Drifter Intrinsics, and one of the following Arcanes:

Arcane Ice
Arcane Nullifier
Arcane Deflection
Arcane Healing
Arcane Resistance
Arcane Agility
Arcane Eruption
Arcane Phantasm
Arcane Pulse
Arcane Ultimatum
Arcane Trickery
Arcane Consequence
Arcane Acrachne

Steel Path - A Rare Decree, Drifter Intrinsics, one the following Arcanes and 1 Steel Essence:

Secondary Shiver
Longbow Sharpshot
Arcane Reaper
Arcane Intention
Primary Exhilarate
Shotgun Vendetta
Primary Obstruct
Magus Aggress
Primary Blight (NEW)
Arcane Power Ramp (NEW)
Akimbo Slip Shot (NEW)
Secondary Outburst (NEW) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:
18 hours ago, quxier said:

Arcane Portal Rewards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        From the 33.5 patch notes:

You must have at minimum 7 decrees to enter an optional (non-main quest) Undercroft Portal, these can be found quickly using teleport as soon as you enter Duviri. It is recommended to list the locations in squad chat as waypoints are not persistent. After the completion of each Portal, you will be awarded a random Arcane according to the drop tables listed below. You can enter these before you defeat the Oworym, or in the alternative, they will show up on the host's map as an option upon the defeat of the Orowyrm. 
Rewards: Completion of a side objective Undercroft Portal rewards the following:                                                                                                                                                                                  

Default (Regular Path) - A Rare Decree, Drifter Intrinsics, and one of the following Arcanes:

Arcane Ice
Arcane Nullifier
Arcane Deflection
Arcane Healing
Arcane Resistance
Arcane Agility
Arcane Eruption
Arcane Phantasm
Arcane Pulse
Arcane Ultimatum
Arcane Trickery
Arcane Consequence
Arcane Acrachne

Steel Path - A Rare Decree, Drifter Intrinsics, one the following Arcanes and 1 Steel Essence:

Secondary Shiver
Longbow Sharpshot
Arcane Reaper
Arcane Intention
Primary Exhilarate
Shotgun Vendetta
Primary Obstruct
Magus Aggress
Primary Blight (NEW)
Arcane Power Ramp (NEW)
Akimbo Slip Shot (NEW)
Secondary Outburst (NEW) 

So I've tried normal version. It's just 1 portal (arcane). I've tried doing another but it's "closed". I got single arcane. IMHO it's not worth to keep it in Duviri > "put it" into Circuit.

Another way around would be to completely disable the main objective in DuvExp,

or to manually enable it like a bounty in the others open worlds,

or to simply accumulate enough decrees, whatever the mean, to face the orowyrm ("You got enough fun, Drifter ! Now bring it on !).

• Like 1

Yeah this been asked many times. Many people want undercroft-less Duviri option. Experience got bunch of conflicting tasks and someone can get trapped in  undercroft with no exit while breaking functionality for other. So people are forced to abandon all the time. Simply having undercroft-less Duviri mode would fix those problems.
  But I doubt DE will listen.

On 2024-02-12 at 4:24 PM, NeDesitVirtus said:

Move arcane portals to separate bounty/mode for those who want to do that - would actually make them played at all, cause 99% of people ignore arcane portals or dont even know about them, so again - you are forced to play solo if you want arcanes and not waste time on other stuff.

DE should've done voting or option to leave portals if no one else joins, but apparently thats too hard, so just split it into another mode to avoid conflicting interests/tasks which force people to abandon and solo.

Edited by Monolake