Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe iOS Launch Build: What’s Inside 35.1.0 Whispers in the Walls

Greetings iOS Tenno,

Today marks the official launch of Warframe on iOS devices!

Whether you are a newcomer to Warframe, or a long-term Tenno looking to take advantage of Cross Platform Save, we hope you enjoy what Warframe has to offer on iPhones and iPads!

For more information on the iOS version of Warframe, visit our FAQ in Announcements. For a touch screen controls explainer, visit our Mobile Touch Control Guide.

MOBILE EXCLUSIVE FEATURES

• Automated Attacks: In order to support Warframe’s fast, mobility-based gameplay on mobile devices, several features have been automated by default. Automated attacks can be disabled in the settings if the player prefers manual attacks.
    • Automated Shooting: moving the crosshair onto a target will make Primary and Secondary weapons fire automatically.
    • Automated Melee: positioning your character beside an enemy makes your character melee attack the target automatically.
    • Note: automated attacks are disabled when the character is crouching to allow stealth attacks to be performed without interruption.

• Sensor Ring: The relatively smaller screens present on mobile devices can make it challenging to keep track of important surroundings. A sensor ring provides directional indicators for out of frame objects to improve world space awareness.
    • Sensor Ring indicators have 3 different sizes for near, middle, and far objects.
    • Non-hostile objects are represented with a white colour.
    • Hostiles are represented with a red color.

• Bullet Jump Button: Tap and release the dedicated virtual button to Bullet Jump.
    • While holding the Bullet Jump button, you can aim your jump by adjusting the camera on the right side of the screen.
    • Release the Bullet Jump button to execute the maneuver.

TOUCH CONTROLS

Movement & Camera:
The screen area is divided down the middle. The left side is used to move the character, and the right side is used to move the camera.

• Move character: touch anywhere on the left side of the screen to activate a virtual joystick. Continuing to hold and drag in any direction will move the character in that direction. Running and walking is dictated by the distance of your thumb from the starting place.

• Move camera: touch anywhere on the right side of the screen to activate camera movement. Continuing to hold and drag in any direction will move the camera in the desired direction.

Virtual Buttons:
Virtual buttons unlock as you progress through the game and their functionality becomes relevant. Some of these are context sensitive and will only be shown if there is something that can be done by tapping them in that instance.

For a complete breakdown of the mobile exclusive virtual buttons, visit our Touch Control Guide.

CROSS PLATFORM SAVE

Upon creating an account on iOS, you can visit the Account Management page on warframe.com to link your Warframe Mobile account to your Cross Platform Save account. Cross Platform Save setup instructions can be found in the Account Management Page.

TENNOGEN

Warframe’s first iOS build arrives with 9 fan-favourite TennoGen items available in the in-game Market!

• Jotunheim Syandana
  • Volt Arrester Helmet
  • Gauss Agito Skin
  • Zenoriu Mask
  • Sildarg Syandana
  • Tsujinasa Syandana
  • Sari Syandana
  • Icarius Syandana
  • Repala Syandana

Depending on a player's Cross Platform Save setup, these items may be accessible without the need to purchase upon Linking Mobile to their Cross Platform Save Account:

• If you can access the above TennoGen on both PC and existing linked non-PC Platform(s), you can access them on Mobile too. 
  • If you can access the above TennoGen only on Non-PC Platforms, you can access them on Mobile too. 
  • If you can access the above TennoGen only on PC, you cannot access them on Mobile. 

As stated in the 'TennoGen and Cross Platform Save' article from November 2023, TennoGen purchased on PC can only be used on PC. 

Due to existing license agreements, previously released TennoGen items cannot appear on Mobile without new license agreements that cover this new Platform. It is our goal to work with TennoGen artists to build out a library of TennoGen items on Mobile over time, as well as ensuring all future TennoGen releasing on PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch also come to Mobile simultaneously. 

STARTER WEAPON PACK

Outfit your Arsenal with a powerful Primary Weapon and Max Rank Mod! The Starter Weapon Pack is the best value to enhance your Warframe experience.

• Aeolak Primary Weapon (Max Rank): Versatile and strangely familiar, the Aeolak at Max Rank can meet the needs of any Mission you encounter in the Origin System.
  • Maxed Serration (Max Rank): Upgrade your Rifle’s Damage output with a Max Rank Serration Mod to cut through the thickest Grineer armor or most advanced Corpus shielding.
  • 100 Platinum: Purchase Weapons, Warframes and Customizations from the Market, or trade with other Tenno!

This pack was designed to celebrate the iOS launch of Warframe, but is available on all platforms for $4.99 USD. 

ANDROID

Warframe for Android devices is now in development. We will host an Android Closed Beta at a future date. Tenno can opt-in to be notified of the Android Closed Beta by visiting warframe.com/android

Pre-Order Bonus & Day 1 Login Reward

• The Bombyx Syandana and a 3-Day Affinity Booster await upon first login!
    • Note: if you decide to include your iOS account in Cross Platform Save, the new iOS account will Link (not Merge) to your Primary Cross Platform Save Account. In these cases, we have ensured that you will receive the Bombyx Syandana and 3-Day Affinity Booster on the Primary Account.

Known Issues List - Updated March 1st 2024

• Cannot complete The New War quest with touch controls:
    • Touch control users cannot remove Narmer Mask from characters during the "She Gives, We Live" sequence
  • Linked items cannot be inspected in Chat on iOS
  • Missing rumble / vibration when using gamepad control scheme
  • Customizing touch control UI to place action buttons on the left side of the screen creates issues with the virtual joystick
  • While on the Liset or in a Relay, player cannot move the aim button from the left side of the screen when Customizing UI
  • Cannot exit Shawzin screen when using gamepad / controller (this has been fixed for touch controls)
  • Chat box appears in the middle of the screen and cannot be moved or scaled
  • Video / graphic settings not behaving properly
  • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not functioning as expected on iOS
  • Orbiter Customization unavailable at launch UI Customization is still being finalized
  • Search functionality in the Settings Menu is still being finalized
  • Arsenal UI and other UI elements are a continual work in progress, and may change over time
  • Game may close if it is put in the Background and another app is opened which takes focus

• Like 6

• [DE]CoreyOnline changed the title to Warframe iOS Launch Build: What’s Inside 35.1.0 Whispers in the Walls

Where do we report bugs? I don't see a relevant heading.
What I've found so far:

This forum's icon is showing access denied: https://content.invisioncic.com/Mwarframe/pages_media/0_MobileIcon.png

• Controller support doesn't seem to work on the launch screen.
  • All visuals on the launch screen are distorted on iPhone 12 Mini. The aspect ratio feels very wide. It applies to everything, including the text.

General Feedback

• No visual feedback when touching buttons on the launch screen, and the L/R buttons are very small. 

14 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

No PC patch notes tho?

And no mobile test for other regions? Lame...

Patch notes for PC are up now in the PC section of the forums!

"And no mobile test for other regions?" Can you tell me more about what you're referring to? Warframe is available on iOS now, with Android coming later.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Patch notes for PC are up now in the PC section of the forums!

"And no mobile test for other regions?" Can you tell me more about what you're referring to? Warframe is available on iOS now, with Android coming later.

The website linked here:

On 2024-02-13 at 1:06 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

ANDROID

Warframe for Android devices is now in development. We will host an Android Closed Beta at a future date. Tenno can opt-in to be notified of the Android Closed Beta by visiting warframe.com/android

It displays an error that my region is not available for the beta. I know it isn't up yet, he I believe the pre registration is, and I can't do it :(

The performance is very disappointing even on iPhone 15 Pro Max, there's no framerate settings, to lock it to 30 or 60, and the game stutters a lot. There's a long way to go to bring the performance of Warframe on par with mobile ports like Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, Resident Evil 4 or Death Stranding.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

It displays an error that my region is not available for the beta. I know it isn't up yet, he I believe the pre registration is, and I can't do it :(

I see. For the upcoming Android Closed Beta we will use the same list of available countries as the iOS Closed Beta. Due to various restrictions and limitations the Closed Beta won't run in all countries As with iOS, It is not indicative of where the game will actually launch when it is ready. 

1 минуту назад, [DE]CoreyOnline сказал:

I see. For the upcoming Android Closed Beta we will use the same list of available countries as the iOS Closed Beta. Due to various restrictions and limitations the Closed Beta won't run in all countries As with iOS, It is not indicative of where the game will actually launch when it is ready. 

is there a list of iOS available countries? i've seen reports of Russia being excluded

For iOS controller support, the Touch Pad on The DualShock 4 is not Functioning. 

I still use the 2013 button scheme ever since because of how quick and seamless it is to use Warframe abilities. 

Please patch this asap. 🙏

Still getting “log in failed” everytime i try to log into this website anytime i use my ios account (trying to cross save onto mobile). Have already merged my account to a pc account. Dont understand why i cant log into my ios account in the website when others have apparently been able to already

• Like 3

3 минуты назад, BalaDeSilver сказал:

The very link you responded to has that list way down there. Brasil is also excluded :(

its the list of closed beta regions, which "is not indicative of where the game will actually launch"

18 minutes ago, BIGF0O7 said:

Still getting “log in failed” everytime i try to log into this website anytime i use my ios account (trying to cross save onto mobile). Have already merged my account to a pc account. Dont understand why i cant log into my ios account in the website when others have apparently been able to already

I can’t even merge my IOS account to my profile. It states “Log in failed” as well. 

• Like 2

Try PlayCover. I don't use Mac but I know that's how people run iOS games on their computers.

9 minutes ago, Mazrou said:

I have seen someone running the Warframe IOS app on Apple M2 when it was on beta, but after downloading it I couldn't run it on my Macbook is there any workaround for it?

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul
  • Like 2

Alright i have no idea how to describe the problem because the problem is so confusing its incoherent. Controller support is seriously f’d up. Im using a switch pro controller and none of the abilities correspond to the buttons theyre assigned to, and this is true not only terms of the ui labels for each button, but the position of the buttons on the controller and on the screen. Again, if what im saying doesnt make sense, thats for a reason: controller support makes absolutely 0 sense to the point that the game is literally unplayable with a controller (also, how are people supposed to aim and move at the same time on touchscreen lol?) Im glad mobile is here but man this app is no where near ready to be released but i guess thats the DE way. What a let down

edit: keep in mind i tried everything from manually remapping buttons to where they should be, to switching from “auto detect” (note, it thinks my pro controller is an xbox controller) to manually selecting Nintendo Switch controller and literally nothing works. Why DE

Edited by BIGF0O7

1 minute ago, jeopardy2808 said:

I am trying to link my iOS-Account getting the error "login failed"

*make an ios account first, then go through the website and use the cross save for ios  DONT USE THE FACE ID sign in with a different account then put in your normal apple id info in then it should work*

14 минут назад, BIGF0O7 сказал:

* сначала создайте учетную запись для ios, затем перейдите на веб-сайт и используйте перекрестное сохранение для ios. НЕ ИСПОЛЬЗУЙТЕ FACE ID для входа с другой учетной записью. затем введите свои обычные данные Apple id, и все должно сработать.*

ИЗВИНИТЕ! Произошла ошибка. Пожалуйста, попробуйте ещё раз или обратитесь в службу поддержки за помощью. Код ошибки: 110.

On 2024-02-20 at 7:11 PM, GumiDeLaGumi said:

The performance is very disappointing even on iPhone 15 Pro Max, there's no framerate settings, to lock it to 30 or 60, and the game stutters a lot. There's a long way to go to bring the performance of Warframe on par with mobile ports like Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, Resident Evil 4 or Death Stranding.

Yeah experiencing the exact same, consistent stutters on iPhone 15 Pro Max. Did not get the chance to check settings yet if something can be lowered so only going by the default.

Edit: OS 17.2.1

Just wanted to second this as feedback. Did not experience any other major issues.

Edit2: Actually it looks like it just might be the tutorial thats really taxing (the rain?). Still haven't played a much on mobile but just finished my first 4 man squad mission (defense) and didn't get any stutters. Before I briefly visited free roam on Deimos (solo) and it also seemed fine.

Edited by Krosly
  • Like 2