Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First person option

oO0PurplePanda0Oo

Bullet jump is one thing, but they also need to get rid of some of the visual cluster if they were to do that. Ephemeras for example , some abilities as well (Chroma's scream, Mag's 2 with augment, Mirage). Shouldn't be a big problem on the technical aspect (it's already done with Mirage's clones), but could be a high quantity of work due to the sheer amount of effects and weapons in this game

Years ago, there was a bug, which let you play in FP. (Youtube Vids might be still around.

But it sucked hard.

A few people enjoyed it, but the vast majority suffereed from severe cases auf motion sickness.

Not only that, but the severly limited FOV made the game borderline unplayable.

There are enough FP games, wich platforming. Must are awefull. The few that aren't can very much be counted on one hand.

Mirrors Edge was quite good, although is features almost no combat.

Something which EVERY good FP jump'n'run relies on, but Warframe lacks, are handcrafted levels.

For FP jump'n'runs you need VERY carefully crafted stages, which generate a natural flow of movement.

There is not a single noteworthy FPS jump'n'run which features procedually generated maps.

Maybe in a few years, when there is an AI capable of crafting said flow, but right now it's just not practical.

13 hours ago, oO0PurplePanda0Oo said:

If this was a thing, destiny would definitely be blown out of the water.

But Warframe already blows D2 out of the water...

Actually, this is the reason why I can't play Destiny (or any FPS game for that matter).  Looking at moving first-person views on any screen for more than 10 seconds in any game makes me really disoriented, so it left me kinda bummed that I couldn't play D2 because it's a strictly first-person view even though the tech is already there for the option to make it third-person view and thus why I will continue to view Bungie as the lazy money-grubbers they seem to be.  It's also why I'm grateful that Warframe is a looter-shooter that I can enjoy because it's strictly a third-person game.

In the meantime, if you want first-person view in Warframe, I'd recommend the Knell or any sniper rifle.  While I'm not opposed to the option for first-person being brought into the game, I don't have any intention of supporting it.

• Like 1