Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Companion App Temporary Delist From iOS App Store PSA (UPDATE: Relisted 04/15/24)

Tenno, Warframe is bullet jumping onto iOS devices on February 20! Mobile-loving Tenno may already know that another Warframe related app exists on the App Store: the Warframe Companion App.

We anticipate an uptick of new and existing Tenno searching for ’Warframe’ on the App Store and want to avoid anyone installing the wrong app. To prevent confusion, we have temporarily delisted Warframe Companion from the App Store ahead of Warframe’s iOS launch. 

The Warframe Companion App will continue to function for iOS users that have the App installed on their device. It will not be searchable on the App Store, however, as we want to smoothly guide players to the newly launched Warframe on iOS.

The Warframe Companion App’s visibility on the Google Play Store will not be affected at this time.

We do not have an estimated return date for the Warframe Companion App, but will keep you informed when we plan to relist it.

UPDATE: we have relisted the application. Thank you, Tenno! 

• Like 3

Will you guys look into changing the apps icon? I notice the Warframe Companion App uses the icon that Warframe on PC does, but the official game that is soon to launch has a different icon. This would help in making sure players don't install the wrong app going forward.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2

+1 same issue as of this morning. Really hope to see this resolved sooner rather than later; the companion app is such a useful tool and I'd hate to lose the ability to use it.

UPDATE: Removing the app and reinstalling it from my account in the App Store as instructed below resolved for me!

Edited by TheNickm2
Issue resolved
  • Like 1

Hello iOS Tenno, you should be able to update the app by following these instructions:

• Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Account" (the circle in the top right of the App Store
  • Tap "Purchased"
  • Scroll through your apps until you find "Warframe Companion"

Hello iOS Tenno, you can access the latest version of the Companion App this way:

• Remove the Warframe Companion App
  • Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Account" (the circle in the top right of the App Store)
  • Tap "Purchased"
  • Tap "Not on this iPhone"
  • Download Warframe Companion 

• Like 1

I tried to follow the steps on iOS as well, but when I click on the Warframe companion app in my purchases on the App Store it says, “cannot connect to App Store.”

Edited by Chcosi16

Hello iOS Tenno, you can access the latest version of the Companion App this way:

• Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Purchased"
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

• Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Purchased"

This worked - thank you!

• Like 1

Please bring back companion app it was more convenient and organized. Forcing people to download a 10 gb game on their phone just for foundry and arsenal is outrageous. I don’t know what dev or boss thought it was a good idea to delist it. Was so quick to use and only 300 mb of space .

• Like 1

I cannot update “Warframe companion” app since it’s no longer in my region. I sent the app to myself because I couldn’t find it in the Apple Store. And I hit the link and it’s not accessible. Glitch? 

Edited by SwiftVaneXI
I was going to add a picture. App Store doesn’t have a url from mobile device.

23 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hello iOS Tenno, you should be able to update the app by following these instructions:

• Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Account" (the circle in the top right of the App Store
  • Tap "Purchased"

• Launch the App Store
  • Tap "Purchased"

This does not work for me as it does not appear on the “Not on this iPhone” tab after removing the companion app from my iOS device.

Firstly, please keep this around. It's far more convenient for PC and Console players on-the-go to use a quickly navigated app that only takes up 300mb than downloading the entirety of the game just to access Orbiter functions.

Secondly, under the Mods section in both the Codex and Inventory, could you add a separate tab for specifically Conclave Mods? I'd rather not have those cluttering my Codex and Inventory when I can't tell which is which (the mod pictures in the app don't show the Conclave symbol when viewing a Conclave Mod).

There is, but it’s disabled for iOS users right now because of Warframe itself releasing on mobile. They didn’t want to confuse people by there being two apps (which I think is incredibly stupid, but that’s their reasoning regardless).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, they haven’t told us when it will come back—but it should return eventually. 

Do we have a timeframe for when the app will be available again yet? I’m a new PC player and would really like to be able to use the companion app features but obviously I can’t access the app since I’ve never had it before.

• Like 1

I happily play on PC, not interested in playing it on my phone… I just want to download the companion app but since it is delisted and I have not had it before I can’t access it… seems unfair 

• Like 1

I think letting new players accidentally download the wrong app would have been a lot better than having your existing players have issues with there companion app. There definitely could have been a better way about this. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-16 at 10:15 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Tenno, Warframe is bullet jumping onto iOS devices on February 20! Mobile-loving Tenno may already know that another Warframe related app exists on the App Store: the Warframe Companion App.

We anticipate an uptick of new and existing Tenno searching for ’Warframe’ on the App Store and want to avoid anyone installing the wrong app. To prevent confusion, we have temporarily delisted Warframe Companion from the App Store ahead of Warframe’s iOS launch. 

The Warframe Companion App will continue to function for iOS users that have the App installed on their device. It will not be searchable on the App Store, however, as we want to smoothly guide players to the newly launched Warframe on iOS.

The Warframe Companion App’s visibility on the Google Play Store will not be affected at this time.

We do not have an estimated return date for the Warframe Companion App, but will keep you informed when we plan to relist it.

It has been a month, please consider listing the Companion App again. I just came back after couple years of hiatus, and it's very annoying to not have access to the companion app, especially for a reason like this 🫥

• Like 1

As one of those pesky new iOS players, I can confirm that having two apps available on the App Store is FAR from the most confusing part about diving headfirst into a game with 11 years of content updates behind it.

Would love to get my hands on the companion app, any news on when we might see it again?

• Like 4