Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck on Kuva Lich

RedDogUKpc

Question

Hi.

I’m stuck on my Kiva Lich as the 2nd requiem doesn’t seem to accept the 2 options.  I’ve got all 3 requiems identified, and I seem to have the 1st slot correct as I’m able to attempt the 2nd “stab” - which fails, and I don’t understand why (I’ve tried both of the remaining requiems in that 2nd slot).

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

As you perform your Mercy on your Lich, the game is effectively testing your Requiem mod sequence/order. With the 1st slot correct, you don't need to move the Requiem Word in the first slot. However, since the second Requiem was incorrect, you can swap that between the third known Requiem.

8 minutes ago, RedDogUKpc said:

I don’t understand why (I’ve tried both of the remaining requiems in that 2nd slot).

More context will help. For instance, what are the Requiem Words needed for the Lich? Can you show us your Mercy (stabbing) attempts against the Lich? Do you have all 8 Requiem Words (Oull is special, but not required).

• Like 1

Oull is just a "wildcard".

It will always be correct wherever it is, but that doesn't mean the remaining two mods will be.

Put Oull in a different slot, or unslot it entirely and use the requiems you have already identified.

If you aren't using Oull, please attach a screenshot of your Lich screen (or do it anyways).

• Like 2

Hello there. 

Some more information could help assist us in identifying the exact specific issue occurring. The prior answers have some pretty good explanations on what the issue could be. Like if you gave us the name of the three identified Requiems, which one was successful and the two that failed. Or perhaps a screenshot if thats possible? '

Is it possible that one of the Requiems you used was Oull? In the first slot? Oull is a bit special, its basically a convenient way to only need two Requiems, since Oull will always be successful in any slot. So if you have only identified 2, or possibly 3, but are using Oull, it might be that the two other you used, actually go in the first and the third slot. This is just a guess though, because I don't actually know what Requiems you are using. Some of the Requiems also look a bit similar, and its not unheard of other players either having issues with Oull or just not realising they put in the wrong Requiem. On rarer occasions have seen some players even think that the crossed out mark, meant it was a correct guess... Basically, my advice is, check if you are using Oull, and if not, try to take a screen shot or list as much info as you can, and one of us will be able to tell you the exact issue. 

Good luck and all the best to you. 

23 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello there. 

Some more information could help assist us in identifying the exact specific issue occurring. The prior answers have some pretty good explanations on what the issue could be. Like if you gave us the name of the three identified Requiems, which one was successful and the two that failed. Or perhaps a screenshot if thats possible? '

Is it possible that one of the Requiems you used was Oull? In the first slot? Oull is a bit special, its basically a convenient way to only need two Requiems, since Oull will always be successful in any slot. So if you have only identified 2, or possibly 3, but are using Oull, it might be that the two other you used, actually go in the first and the third slot. This is just a guess though, because I don't actually know what Requiems you are using. Some of the Requiems also look a bit similar, and its not unheard of other players either having issues with Oull or just not realising they put in the wrong Requiem. On rarer occasions have seen some players even think that the crossed out mark, meant it was a correct guess... Basically, my advice is, check if you are using Oull, and if not, try to take a screen shot or list as much info as you can, and one of us will be able to tell you the exact issue. 

Good luck and all the best to you. 

Thanks for the replies (@Duality52, @16Bitman & @Slightlyconfuzzled).

I think I need to provide more detail to better explain...

I've already identified all 3 required requiems (Xata, Fass, Jahu).  The 1st slot is confirmed as Xata (it is listed as bright white in the attempt list & I am able to attempt a 2nd "stab").  I'm stuck with the 2nd slot.  I've tried both Fass & Jahu - both fail.  None of the requiems currently installed are Oulls.  My last attempt was Xata, Jahu & Fass - which also failed.

I can't insert a screenshot into this message, but hopefully the below link works (link to the screenshot saved on Google Drive).  This shows the various attempts to date.

Screenshot

I've had this Lich for a very long time (+1yr) as it's been so annoying, but it's time for it to be vanquished...

23 hours ago, Duality52 said:

As you perform your Mercy on your Lich, the game is effectively testing your Requiem mod sequence/order. With the 1st slot correct, you don't need to move the Requiem Word in the first slot. However, since the second Requiem was incorrect, you can swap that between the third known Requiem.

More context will help. For instance, what are the Requiem Words needed for the Lich? Can you show us your Mercy (stabbing) attempts against the Lich? Do you have all 8 Requiem Words (Oull is special, but not required).

Thanks for the reply.  Please see my more detailed reply in the post from "Slightlyconfuzzled" which has more details explaining my situation.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Oull is just a "wildcard".

It will always be correct wherever it is, but that doesn't mean the remaining two mods will be.

Put Oull in a different slot, or unslot it entirely and use the requiems you have already identified.

If you aren't using Oull, please attach a screenshot of your Lich screen (or do it anyways).

Thanks for the reply.  Please see my more detailed reply in the post from "Slightlyconfuzzled" which has more details explaining my situation.

5 minutes ago, RedDogUKpc said:

I see your issue. These are the requiems for your lich:

f54d46008a8f330e192101f866f519bc.png

In particular, I direct your attention to this error:

33f7ffc2ebdff098d4d21750802bfec4.png 4b8ce05e46eaac6b0a5ba5e3b0463317.png

Upon correcting that error, this is your lich's correct sequence (as you've already deciphered it, even with the error):

Spoiler

b1aaef236d5030c3d3e2324152851395.png 376f55dcb40e47d494e7e251df169ffc.png 1bbe3cc52aaee49b4ce26ea4a89d1982.png

Have fun!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedDogUKpc said:

I've had this Lich for a very long time (+1yr) as it's been so annoying, but it's time for it to be vanquished...

There we go; you're using Lohk instead of Jahu. That should correct your Mercy, but now you need to finish off your Level 5 Lich.

A tip, but it's ultimately up to you to follow - never Mercy your Lich until you learn at least one of your Requiems. You're Mercying them to test your Requiems, not to gain Murmurs rapidly. By leveling them up, this resets their Rage meter (chance of spawning) and you make it harder to kill them. With the right Requiem Words, you can test them out in particular orders.

Once you acquire Oull, as aforementioned by @16Bitman, Oull simplifies the testing of your Requiem words a lot. For instance:

• Current Order: Oull, Xata, Ris
  • Learned: Xata, Ris, Unknown

Oull will always succeed, but shouldn't be used on the third slot for testing your Requiems. If Xata succeeds, you now have a 50% chance that Ris is correct on the final slot. If you fail, Ris is first, while the unknown is last. Play your cards right (and on some cases lucky), you can face your Liches at Levels 2 or 3 on average. Worse case scenario, they will be at most Level 4.

39 minutes ago, RedDogUKpc said:

I think I need to provide more detail to better explain...

Thank you for providing a screenshot. It really does help. Much appreciated. 

As the other replies have already mentioned, you haven't actually used Jahu yet (though you did use Lohk, which is very very similar), so an easier enough issue to fix. Just swap those two out and it should work out perfectly! 

Good luck on your Lich. Take care! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I see your issue. These are the requiems for your lich:

f54d46008a8f330e192101f866f519bc.png

In particular, I direct your attention to this error:

33f7ffc2ebdff098d4d21750802bfec4.png 4b8ce05e46eaac6b0a5ba5e3b0463317.png

Upon correcting that error, this is your lich's correct sequence (as you've already deciphered it, even with the error):

Reveal hidden contents

b1aaef236d5030c3d3e2324152851395.png 376f55dcb40e47d494e7e251df169ffc.png 1bbe3cc52aaee49b4ce26ea4a89d1982.png

Have fun!

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons  I see that now - Thanks...

• Like 1