The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update on the Mirage Eclipse Changes

[DE]Juice

Actually, I take back what I said about nourish being niche, it's back in again due to the other changes to status.

Ironically, making the other statuses better actually made Nourish more valuable just for the viral procs, since there's now more statuses fighting for your mod slots. Its damage is still garbage, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

Actually, I take back what I said about nourish being niche, it's back in again due to the other changes to status.

Ironically, making the other statuses better actually made Nourish more valuable just for the viral procs, since there's now more statuses fighting for your mod slots. Its damage is still garbage, though.

Main appeal of Nourish for me is not just the extra energy from energy sources but the ability to have viral on your weapons without needing to mod for it. Even if the bonus viral damage is pretty low, the ability to proc viral on non-viral builds is definitely a big dps increase. Allows me to run different elemental combinations like corrosive + heat, corrosive + blast, corrosive + cold, gas + electricity, etc. while also allowing me to benefit from viral procs. Really good on weapons with magnetic (such as the kuva / sister weapons with their bonus element) because you get something that's good for shields and overguard, you get the extra viral from nourish to increase damage dealt to enemy health and then you can mod your weapons with whatever other element you want.

Even prior to the status rework, the ability to add viral to my weapons was a whole lot more interesting than a simple damage buff IMO. The ability to also buff nearby teammates and provide bonus energy from all energy sources is simply an added bonus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Main appeal of Nourish for me is not just the extra energy from energy sources but the ability to have viral on your weapons without needing to mod for it. Even if the bonus viral damage is pretty low, the ability to proc viral on non-viral builds is definitely a big dps increase. Allows me to run different elemental combinations like corrosive + heat, corrosive + blast, corrosive + cold, gas + electricity, etc. while also allowing me to benefit from viral procs. Really good on weapons with magnetic (such as the kuva / sister weapons with their bonus element) because you get something that's good for shields and overguard, you get the extra viral from nourish to increase damage dealt to enemy health and then you can mod your weapons with whatever other element you want.

Even prior to the status rework, the ability to add viral to my weapons was a whole lot more interesting than a simple damage buff IMO. The ability to also buff nearby teammates and provide bonus energy from all energy sources is simply an added bonus.

Anyone that actually knows how things work in Warframe only ever cared about Viral or Corrosive as the primary element, and if you had one, it often wasn't worth it to waste time with the other for a variety of reasons including elemental weighting. Yes, you could get viral and corrosive on the same weapon this way, but it was typically either overkill, or if it wasn't, it was better to accomplish the same goal in some other way than nerfed Nourish.

If you were packing corrosive you were typically doing so on a damage amplifying weapons platform Warframe with green shards, and if you were packing viral you were usually doing it on a weapon that could get good heat or slash procs, and likely getting armor strip some other way. Nourish just had trouble squeezing into the meta over something like Roar in this environment.

Now Blast procs are competing with Viral and Corrosive, and this creates a rather interesting situation. You can't get viral and blast together ordinarily, but you can get corrosive and blast together... But often you'll only reasonably be able to mod for one of those, so maybe you still want Nourish's viral since blast doesn't provide damage amplification... And even if you can/do mod for both blast and corrosive, doing so typically means lower weighting for either, especially if you're using the dual stat elemental mods. This means the viral damage bonus from nourish can more easily compete for priority with the other procs, something that is significant on high status, high fire rate weapons.

In addition to this, much of the tankiness of armor was moved into health, making Viral more valuable against armored targets once their armor is stripped. Meaning there's more impetus to try and get viral on your weapon even if you're set up for full corrosive armor strip. Prior to the patch, you'd often be in a case where TTK wasn't meaningfully improved by viral after an armor strip, if your weapon damage was high enough. Stripped enemies now can take some more hits.

It's just a simple, irrefutable fact of the way the game works that Nourish fits into a greater number of niches than before the patch. The only downside to these changes is that the same thing that makes nerfed nourish valuable again also makes a whole lot of builds much tighter... But maybe that's not a bad thing, considering many of those builds didn't even *have* viable options, and didn't get to play the game before.

This is unrelated to Nourish, but just as an example of how much this patch shifted things in general, take a look at what you can do with snipers now:

Blast modded Rubico Prime is basically the Cobra Assault Cannon from Robocop now.

I don't think you realize how hard this patch actually shifted the meta. People are going to be picking through the consequences of this patch for at least a couple months.

Edited by XaoGarrent

59 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

This is unrelated to Nourish, but just as an example of how much this patch shifted things in general, take a look at what you can do with snipers now:

Blast modded Rubico Prime is basically the Cobra Assault Cannon from Robocop now.

I don't think you realize how hard this patch actually shifted the meta. People are going to be picking through the consequences of this patch for at least a couple months.

In that video the person is using that passive Lavos Augment to add blast to his weapon with guaranteed blast status so it probably looks much better there than with any other frame, especially since iirc, the Rubico doesn't have the greatest status chance (think it's like 16% or something)?

image.png?ex=667f0c23&is=667dbaa3&hm=e1d0f95baa41506e6b513d6cad41c03beeaefb40b85f773a46efe0c8f34246ca&

Plus TBH, a lot of people seem to run nourish anyway. Almost every single deep archimedea run i've done has had at least one person using Nourish with enough range to consistently buff the whole team, so even if i'm not running nourish myself, if I run a viral weapon, then viral is just going to outweigh any of my other status effects. I just tend to run non-viral weapons unless i'm running a hunters munitions build, in which case status weighing isn't as important since hunters munitions proc slash on a 30% chance when you crit.

It might also just be me but I kinda like having weapons that have like, 5+ elements on at once, even if it isn't the best idea (IMO it's amusing to see a weapon have so many different damage types at once). I still consider status weighing, which is why i'd sometimes mod for viral / corrosive with unranked dual status mods then run a maxed out heat or electric (on melees specifically for melee influence) mod to make sure that specific damage effect will take effect more often.

• Like 1