Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yonta's "Trade For Lua Thrax Plasm" should be "Trade Lua Thrax Plasm"

Tukka

Yonta's "Trade For Lua Thrax Plasm" should be "Trade Lua Thrax Plasm" or "Contribute Lua Thrax Plasm."

To trade for something means you receive that thing in trade. You do not receive the plasm from Yonta, you trade her the plasm for other items.

This is obviously a high priority issue.

Fixed as of Update 35.5. Glad I don't have to delete my account.

Edited by Tukka
Issue resolved
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tukka said:

To trade for something means you receive that thing in trade

Maybe in verb form. In noun form it may also describe the currency of the trade. 

Also DE are canadian, they are well known of reversing the meaning of the english words (eg. the rescue target when rescued says something along the lines of "thankfully you have not come too soon")

Posted (edited)

"Trade (this stuff with you) for Lua Thrax Plasm"

That's what Yonta is doing.

This doesn't match the convention for all of the other menu selections, which indicate what you, the player, will be doing.

It is worrisome to me that anybody would raise a point against a proposed fix that the game so desperately needs!

Edited by Tukka

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Maybe in verb form. In noun form it may also describe the currency of the trade. 

Also DE are canadian, they are well known of reversing the meaning of the english words (eg. the rescue target when rescued says something along the lines of "thankfully you have not come too soon")

Perhaps it grammatically it could make some sense, but it's still a stilted formulation, especially when it is present right beside "Trade For Voidplumes" which uses the verb form.

Also, if I recall correctly, the the rescue target's line is "Thank the stars! And not a moment too soon!"

"Not a moment too soon" is a common English idiom, and it parses fairly naturally to its accepted meaning.

So far, 100% of the comments to this suggestion are rebuttals. Very troubling, especially the developers share your sentiments. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep playing the game if it remains in this state.

Edited by Tukka