Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simplify the Foundry listing!

Could foundry show something less? I just want to keep my prime parts, not build them. I don't think anyone needs to make a second Archwing Launcher either.

Maybe we could have a list so we can set things up to be hidden from the foundry's manufacturing page?

not native speaker. if my formulation is strange, I accept all suggestions

• Like 3

You know, I thought about this.   Given all the flotsam I've collected over the years, I stopped using the tabs, and routinely use this:

image.png?ex=6606c345&is=65f44e45&hm=f16

And it's funny when I notice how adamant streamers can be about not using this feature.  

I mean I understand the problems with this on consoles.  They have a controller that is as bulky and unweildy as the old 12-key touchpads on older phones

(you know, these): 

Spoiler

motorola-clamshell-flip-cell-phone-BX1BA

But you're a PC user and have access to M&K by default.  So perhaps it's time to level up and try that field more often. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

But you're a PC user and have access to M&K by default.  So perhaps it's time to level up and try that field more often. 

I disagree. All these key presses I wasted on filter just because of stupid game design. This has to stop. Just having a way to bypass bad game design doesnt excuse bad game design. You want to fill our inventory with crap and make prime parts untradable when crafted? Make proper foundry. Easy as that. Devs know all too well that harrow chassis etc. is a thing, so again, no excuse.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Just having a way to bypass bad game design doesnt excuse bad game design.

It's not bad, it's old...  Take a moment to stop thinking to the end of your nose and realize, what we had before your awakening date: 

image.png?ex=6606db6a&is=65f4666a&hm=8b7

was significantly less than what we see today.  

Also, 

9 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

All these key presses I wasted on filter

This is a you problem, and I know where this complaint is coming from.  

There's a saying too many players (in all games) seem to miss.  Perhaps now's a good time to contemplate its meaning:

Work-Smarter-not-harder.-Blog-cover.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1665472602 said:

not native speaker. if my formulation is strange, I accept all suggestions

We get the jist of what you were trying to say. But for clarity...

You are requesting that we have the ability to toggle/hide items so that when we browse through the foundry tabs, only items that you wish to build will show up.

Similar to how Hide Mastered, Hide Owned works in the Market/Vendors?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

It's not bad, it's old...  Take a moment to stop thinking to the end of your nose and realize, what we had before your awakening date: 

image.png?ex=6606db6a&is=65f4666a&hm=8b7

was significantly less than what we see today.  

It's still little today, right now. 

My account is 9 years old this year. So what? The UI still wastes a load of screen real estate in unnecessary dioramas, vertical/horizontal scrolling, and the lack of filters. They could certainly improve the foundry by streamlining keystrokes using better filters and efficiencies in screen usage. This would remove some of the poor design choices they've kept in place for such a long time now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Voltage said:

My account is 9 years old this year. So what? The UI still wastes a load of screen real estate in unnecessary dioramas, vertical/horizontal scrolling, and the lack of filters. They could certainly improve the foundry by streamlining keystrokes using better filters and efficiencies in screen usage. This would remove some of the poor design choices they've kept in place for such a long time now.

You of all people know the difficulty of getting the developer to clean up code they created in a rush and then dropped it because of the mad dash to satisfy the demanding player-base screaming for things that they want in the game the day before yesterday.  I call to mind the forma farming from event: The Cicero Crisis.  

AND 

You of all people know the difficulties with cleaning up code when it's reached epic levels of Spaghetti Code.   Not to mention you also remember how well that went when someone decided to hack the code (like Marked for Death for example), while cooler heads were away from their desk(s).  

AND

You of all people know screaming/stating/whatever how stupid something is and thinking that the amount of negativity you generate from half baked or completely unexplained reasoning will get it miraculously and instantly fixed.  I can speak from this experience, in 6 weeks even I stop listening at baseless complaints for the sake of complaining. 

FINALLY

You can play devil's advocate all you want, but you and I both know playing devil's advocate can be satisfying on the one hand, that can rapidly turn into biting your in the ass when you realize the person you're advocating for demonstrate levels of ill-thought-out and ill-prepared complaints just for the sake of complaining. 

But you be do go on.  I know your work, and much of it makes sense, when you explain it fully instead of saying: 

This is stupid.   

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Let me first say that yeah, the game could have some better organisation in certain places, but because the game is as big and complex as it is you would not see any changes to screen space real estate at all or less button presses. You would only see more of it. What you also have to understand is that this game's character and weapons inventory works more like a spreadsheet than a progressional checklist. It is this way because Warframe is not based on a level system tied to power scaling. Warframe is based on its modding system. So instead of progressional power scaling on equipment, you are looking at doing your own power scaling based on modsets and builds. When you are looking at a spreadsheet, indexing is more important than grouping, as all the available items are in the same place. Compared to a bunch of progressional checklists where grouping is based on the properties of different items. Weapons, classes, gems, junk etc. all have their own lists because they are individually progressive, and as such it would not make sense to do the same thing in Warframe.

If you need an example to look at go to the foundry and look at the top bar. It's all just literal spreadsheet tabs.

Warframe is a spreadsheet game when it comes to its many types of equipment and resources. Stop asking the developers for changes to the ways they handle literally the whole backend of their game's player inventory system.

7 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

I think this is a bit of old player gate keeping... 

I'm an older player. Started in 2014-2015.

And I agree with the post. I think there should be an overhaul to the foundry.

I don't know why you would say no to improvements. Even if you think the current system is fantastic and works well, even more improvements is always appreciated.

And good news @MaxTunnerX and @1665472602, Pablo has confirmed there will be some foundry changes coming in future. Maybe these will include your requests. 

Edited by Arniox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Arniox said:

Pablo has confirmed there will be some foundry changes coming in future. Maybe these will include your requests. 

Sorry to say, but reading the Twitter post you quoted it's obvious that it's UI changes, which are visual, not functional. I believe better indexing of items like having normal Warframes and weapons aside from the prime ones is a possibility, but a full functional overhaul does not seem likely. And if you need a reason for this just read my previous comment;

15 hours ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Let me first say that yeah, the game could have some better organisation in certain places, but because the game is as big and complex as it is you would not see any changes to screen space real estate at all or less button presses. You would only see more of it. What you also have to understand is that this game's character and weapons inventory works more like a spreadsheet than a progressional checklist. It is this way because Warframe is not based on a level system tied to power scaling. Warframe is based on its modding system. So instead of progressional power scaling on equipment, you are looking at doing your own power scaling based on modsets and builds. When you are looking at a spreadsheet, indexing is more important than grouping, as all the available items are in the same place. Compared to a bunch of progressional checklists where grouping is based on the properties of different items. Weapons, classes, gems, junk etc. all have their own lists because they are individually progressive, and as such it would not make sense to do the same thing in Warframe.

If you need an example to look at go to the foundry and look at the top bar. It's all just literal spreadsheet tabs.

Warframe is a spreadsheet game when it comes to its many types of equipment and resources. Stop asking the developers for changes to the ways they handle literally the whole backend of their game's player inventory system.

2024/3/15 PM3点30分 , Aerikx 说:

You are requesting that we have the ability to toggle/hide items so that when we browse through the foundry tabs, only items that you wish to build will show up.

Similar to how Hide Mastered, Hide Owned works in the Market/Vendors?

That's what I try to express. Thanks for your reply :)

2024/3/15 PM1点37分 , MBaldelli 说:

I stopped using the tabs, and routinely use this:

Thanks for the search bar, that's really useful when I know what I want to make. But it not helpful when I just want to check what I can make.

The UI isn't really terrible, I just hope it could be better.

• Like 1