The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combined Crouch, Slide & Roll Key on PC

Aphyllorchis

Could we please get a Combined Crouch, Slide & Roll Key on PC?

As a former Console Player i can't find a way to comfortably play with separate crouch & roll keys, but apart from that i would like to finally switch from DS4 to Mouse and keyboard.

I'm unsure what your suggestion accomplishes or how it would function, because roll and crouch/slide are completely different move sets that you can chain together in either order (that's also ignoring bullet jumping and aim gliding). 

That said, I am all for more customization with controls. There's not really a downside to the addition of more options.

• Like 1

yeah honestly i don't see how it would be possible for Crouch and Roll to be on the same Key. you'd have to do some sort of double tap thing for that i guess?
to me that sounds horrific, but options are there to be optional so i guess that could work.

(fwiw, i have Roll on one of the Thumb Buttons on my Mouse, i tend to put movement actions like that there, it's a good place for it i think)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

fwiw, i have Roll on one of the Thumb Buttons on my Mouse,

Yup, that's where I put it and suggest to others as well. Then you're alternating thumbs for bullet jumping nice and smoothly through levels. No pinky damage needed.

Crouch and Roll are on the Same Button on Consoles so why wouldn't it work on PC? Tap to Roll hold to Crouch, that way i could put both on the Thumb button on my Mouse.

It might feel weird to Players who are used to PC controls but for me seperating Roll and Crouch would require me to unlearn ~2000h of Muscle memory.

Thats why i still use the Dualshock4 even though i can finally play on PC (thank god [DE?] for Cross Save). But you know it would be nice to be able to hit something once in a while...5UuFUDr.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aphyllorchis said:

Crouch and Roll are on the Same Button on Consoles so why wouldn't it work on PC? Tap to Roll hold to Crouch, that way i could put both on the Thumb button on my Mouse.

But you want Crouch, Roll and Slide on the same button. On PC it's like this (with some configuration changes):

- tap Shift to roll

- stand and hold Ctrl - crouch

- move and hold Ctrl - start sliding, when you stop moving (no movement keys pressed or just your momentum is 0) then you end up crouching

Having Roll and Crouch on same button would work fine. However if you want Slide then you would need some weird key-combinations (like someone mentioned) OR delay. In second case (delay) you cannot immediately execute Slide. If you hold a button for less time than required it would execute Roll instead of Slide.

Sure, if you are ok with that then it's "possible".

vor einer Stunde schrieb quxier:

Having Roll and Crouch on same button would work fine. However if you want Slide then you would need some weird key-combinations (like someone mentioned) OR delay. In second case (delay) you cannot immediately execute Slide. If you hold a button for less time than required it would execute Roll instead of Slide.

On Console there is an ~1sec delay before you can Slide/Crouch so im already used to that and it doesn't really matter as, at least in my opinon only Roll needs to be executed immidiatly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aphyllorchis said:

On Console there is an ~1sec delay before you can Slide/Crouch

Huh, is that how it works for controller only?

On my hacked-together mouse + controller (+ Xpadder) setup, having Crouch, Roll, and Slide
all on the same button works perfectly fine, and there's really no noticable delay for anything.

(Well, perfectly outside of rolling as Ivara without breaking Prowl that is lol, that one thing needs a separate Roll bind, DE why.)

So, there's no hard-coded limitation or anything on this, it CAN work.