Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle hitscan disabled in open roam?

BigIronHack

Question

Newb here. I have a Latron that is hit-scan in normal missions, but noticed it changes to slow-ish moving projectiles in open areas like the Plains of Eidolon (making it very hard to hit the flying enemies). Is this normal or something specific to this gun? Thx!

4 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, BigIronHack said:

slow-ish moving projectiles

I only have a Latron Prime ATM, but at least there it seems like "only" a visual issue,
both in Free-Roam and regular missions, the weapon appeared to be hitscan,
however it also adds a projectile visual that's noticable even at shorter ranges if you know what to look for.

• Like 1

Yeah, what NinjaZeku said.  Most hitscan weapons have  tracers to make it easier to adjust aim and add some visual punch.  Naturally these have to move slow enough for us to see them.

I do have regular Latron, equipped a zoom mod on it, and did some sniping on the Plains.  AFAICT it was hitscan.  In any case, it was killing things well before the "tracer" reached the target.

Hitscan is still instantaneous. It's probably worth noting that they do have falloff, but that's only effective on rifles if you're fighting enemies several hundred meters apart (like in open-roam), and it still doesn't change the actual hitscan properties.