The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This design for Yareli is horrible

Tidiusx

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rigtis said:

Community's feedback is what keeps the game rolling. If everyone was a conformist and never said anything, how would DE know our thoughts?

Devs are in touch with the community to improve the game.

For instance, when first heirloom pack was released, if everyone's reaction were just "don't like, don't get" kind of thing, then next heirlooms would still be locked behind paywalls, but nope, they will be free for all now thanks to people's opinion. You claim if "same old dance and song will ever die" about skins, but I can pretty much say the same thing about criticism against feedback, like you are doing. If something is ugly, people will complain and if something is nice, people will rejoice. Plain and simple. Is not a matter of liking or not, is about pointing out bad design decisions.

Going by your logic, you could also ignore the post completely and go on too lol

Except that's not how this works at all. A new skin isn't some balance change, a rework, nor some pricing model. It's an asset that's already well into development by the time it's first announced. The devs aren't going to scrap a skin and make an entirely new one just because some players are complaining about it. Unlike most other things players complain about there is no "fix" that can be made thanks to the kind of feedback here. And again this has happened with nearly every Deluxe released, this time isn't going to be any different.

The best anyone could do is make it clear that they want another skin of a different theme. But throwing around the kinds of comments seen in this thread is just vitriol being thrown at the artists who made it and players who do like it. It's also a very easy thing to just "vote with your wallet" on by, again, just not buying the skin. If DE doesn't see a lot of sales then they'd be more incentivized to make another skin that might appeal to more players.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
hace 15 horas, trst dijo:

The devs aren't going to scrap a skin and make an entirely new one just because some players are complaining about it.

Yes, they have done it in the past and could do it again if very little people is appealed to spend money on it. There's no profit on baking muffins nobody will buy. Some frames have had designs adjustments taking into account people's opinion after first look, only reason Yareli deluxe memes were ignored (which are the vast majority btw) is because DE hates Yareli since day one, so not surprised.

A new skin isn't some balance change, a rework, nor some pricing model.

Oh may you want to explain why Heirloom packs distribution was changed from FOMO to F2P? I doubt it was because of goodwill lmao. I dunno what games you play, but in WF, fashion and aesthetics have a crucial importance on immersion (literally there are more cosmetics than weapons) so looking good is as relevant as reworks and balance. Take Lavos for instance, he is an OP beast that deals lots of damage, but nobody plays him because he is very ugly and fashion on him is painful xD

The best anyone could do is make it clear that they want another skin of a different theme.

Good idea and people already did. If you do some research, you can find lots of artworks and ideas of skins for Yareli. Just google "yareli skin concept" and you will see many missed opportunities that were ignored in pro of memes.

If DE doesn't see a lot of sales then they'd be more incentivized to make another skin that might appeal to more players.

Funny thing is that they probably know it won't sell that much, but given that Yareli playerbase is not that big, they pretty much won't care, just like they do for anything related with Yareli, who I think they regret making in first place after all the issues that arose with broken K-Drive interactions that are still around and will never be fixed, because they opted for the old and reliable bandaid augment lol

I mean, take a look at Styanax skin, which not only came out first but is also beautiful because there's a major audience who would buy it thanks to Styanax popularity (who already had a voidshell btw).

As many have said, this was most probably a recycled Ivara skin, so people don't even think they put that much effort on it, just had to make Meru to fit with it and done.

Edited by Rigtis
Typos
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Yes, they have done it in the past and could do it again if very little people is appealed to spend money on it. There's no profit on baking muffins nobody will buy. Some frames have had designs adjustments taking into account people's opinion after first look, only reason Yareli deluxe memes were ignored (which are the vast majority btw) is because DE hates Yareli since day one, so not surprised.

You're welcome to come up with any examples of DE canceling a skin due to feedback. As, to my knowledge, only twice have skins been canned and that was the original Ember Deluxe which was thrown away due to the artist causing conflicts and the original Zephyr Deluxe which was due to it being a passion project of one of their artists who never had the time to finish it.

Also feedback regarding details to be changed is an entirely different matter from people demanding that the skin gets deleted entirely, giving to a completely different frame, or wanting one of an entirely different theme. That's not asking for changes, it's asking them to scrap their work entirely.

Oh may you want to explain why Heirloom packs distribution was changed from FOMO to F2P? I doubt it was because of goodwill lmao. I dunno what games you play, but in WF, fashion and aesthetics have a crucial importance on immersion (literally there are more cosmetics than weapons) so looking good is as relevant as reworks and balance. Take Lavos for instance, he is an OP beast that deals lots of damage, but nobody plays him because he is very ugly and fashion on him is painful xD

You've entirely missed the point. Changing how much something is or how it's distributed is a whole lot easier than telling their artists to throw away their work and start again. Changing numbers and legal agreements =/= making a new asset twice.

Good idea and people already did. If you do some research, you can find lots of artworks and ideas of skins for Yareli. Just google "yareli skin concept" and you will see many missed opportunities that were ignored in pro of memes.

By that argument every single fan concept ever is a "missed opportunity". Which is a wildly out of touch world view. Regardless the point is asking for a different skin is an actually productive course of action instead of insisting that DE just deletes something they already made.

Funny thing is that they probably know it won't sell that much, but given that Yareli playerbase is not that big, they pretty much won't care, just like they do for anything related with Yareli, who I think they regret making in first place after all the issues that arose with broken K-Drive interactions that are still around and will never be fixed, because they opted for the old and reliable bandaid augment lol

I mean, take a look at Styanax skin, which not only came out first but is also beautiful because there's a major audience who would buy it thanks to Styanax popularity (who already had a voidshell btw).

As many have said, this was most probably a recycled Ivara skin, so people don't even think they put that much effort on it, just had to make Meru to fit with it and done.

I don't know why people love throwing around this conspiracy. There's literally nothing indicating that DE "hates" or "regrets" making Yareli. They made a frame with a built-in K-Drive gimmick, something they knew flopped since Fortuna's release, and continued to put the same work into it as they do with all other frames. She's gotten fixes, buffs, reworks, augments, and now a Deluxe. Also there's proof that it's not an Ivara skin as per the concept arts of the skin posted in this very thread.

And as for the bandaid augment it exists solely due to K-Drives being a hard stuck deal breaker with some players. It doesn't matter how many bug fixes nor changes DE makes to the system there will still be players to refuse to touch the gimmick. It existing is literally DE proving they care about the frame by creating the one option necessary for a whole lot of players to engage with the frame. In-fact you can even consider this very skin to be an extension of DE caring about the frame as her second biggest controversy was the magic girl theme which is another reason players didn't want to use her, thus a skin that's the complete opposite of that is again opening the frame to more players.

If DE doubled down on enforcing her K-Drive usage and making a Deluxe that's more magical girl than base Yareli all they'd be doing to keeping her playerbase insignificantly tiny.

Edited by trst
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rigtis said:

Same one complaint, that's just the endless cycle of deluxe skins.

There's always going to be people that don't like a skin, there's always people saying it feels like another frame, the skin is coming suck it up.

I like Yareli I'll be getting the skin there's people that don't like her base look but like the different take on her deluxe so more Yareli players, that's good.

Don't buy it and wait for Tennogen, prime, deluxe 2 or heirloom... Which is what you're probably already going to do, wanting the skin to get scrapped and ruin it for others that like it is such a poopy way of thinking.

Edited by C11H22O1
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just come back here to say:

I never saw any Yareli using this skin only the default, so, people who dont play Yareli like it(probably because she have no skirt and the already existent cake is showing easily), people who play Yareli dont liked it, and yes, is easy to see Yarelis because are not that many and every time a Yareli player pass another Yareli, both get next to each other involuntarily to compare fashion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Abbsa said:

Just come back here to say:

I never saw any Yareli using this skin only the default, so, people who dont play Yareli like it(probably because she have no skirt and the already existent cake is showing easily), people who play Yareli dont liked it, and yes, is easy to see Yarelis because are not that many and every time a Yareli player pass another Yareli, both get next to each other involuntarily to compare fashion.

I see people using the body with the standard amount of every cosmetic slot filled (because its basically "Yareli, but if she was from 2013" edition), but they're almost always using one of her other 3 helmets and almost never the Pandea helmet.

I also never see any of them using merulina, so no clue if they're getting any mileage out of merulina's skin or not.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Omega399:

I see people using the body with the standard amount of every cosmetic slot filled (because its basically "Yareli, but if she was from 2013" edition), but they're almost always using one of her other 3 helmets and almost never the Pandea helmet.

I also never see any of them using merulina, so no clue if they're getting any mileage out of merulina's skin or not.

Yh we don't like the eye the Pandea helmet has 😔

On 2024-08-28 at 5:57 PM, Hobie-wan said:

*still using the deluxe skin and helm both on Yareli when I play her*

YEP, the players who always play Yareli don't and we are sad(At least I am) because will take a long time to get another Yareli skin, not counting Prime :c

41 minutes ago, Abbsa said:

YEP, the players who always play Yareli don't and we are sad(At least I am) because will take a long time to get another Yareli skin, not counting Prime :c

I've played Khora/Prime more than any fame over my 6K+ hours in game. I am not a fan of the Khora Deluxe we got. But you know what? I didn't go create a forum thread to complain about it and I don't call out people posting fashion using it in chat calling it "horrible". I just didn't buy it. If one comes along that I like, then I probably will.

But I like the Yareli skin. Nothing is going to please everyone

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Abbsa said:

Well her prime is close so you don't have to wait too long, and better cut the whole "true Yareli players hate the skin" thing, you should be happy that people that hate her were willing to give her a chance because they might've enjoyed the new skin over her base.

I think the skin is good and I'm using it, if you love the default so much stick with it until something new that you like shows up

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-08-29 at 9:10 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I've played Khora/Prime more than any fame over my 6K+ hours in game. I am not a fan of the Khora Deluxe we got. But you know what? I didn't go create a forum thread to complain about it and I don't call out people posting fashion using it in chat calling it "horrible". I just didn't buy it. If one comes along that I like, then I probably will.

But I like the Yareli skin. Nothing is going to please everyone

I didn't created the tread, just venting frustration on it.

On 2024-08-29 at 9:22 PM, C11H22O1 said:

Well her prime is close so you don't have to wait too long, and better cut the whole "true Yareli players hate the skin" thing, you should be happy that people that hate her were willing to give her a chance because they might've enjoyed the new skin over her base.

I think the skin is good and I'm using it, if you love the default so much stick with it until something new that you like shows up

Yes i know I'm been too "purist"(New Loka?), but this skin is so lacking after so many years waiting its frustrating.

And I'm happy for the 10 more people who liked the new skin, now the total Yareli players is 30.

• Like 1