Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items missing from players profile, until they are acquired.

Reactions_with_will

So i was making lists of everything i still needed to get, by going to my profile and checking equipment. But i ended getting a blueprint for something that wasn't in the equipment list. So im wondering if I have a complete list or not. Im getting close to hitting legendary rank 4, so this issue is incredibly important. We definitely need maybe a refresh button, or something to run a check and make sure every single mastery item is listed in the players profiled. And also we definitely need a search button when looking through the equipment.

IMHO, what we need for profile to show every, even hidden gear (e.g. quest weapons). Afair profile doesn't show some stuff unless you own them.

As you are soon l4 you probably know that you can sort via progress. At the end there will be not maxed gear.

There are weapons that will not show in your profile until you have obtained them and started to level the item. These are considered hidden gems and unfortunately will only be added to profile at that specific time. You can also look in the wiki to give you a list of all the items that will be added to your profile as they are obtained so that you can make a complete list on your own and know what you need to farm and where. I hope this helps :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reactions_with_will said:

We definitely need maybe a refresh button, or something to run a check and make sure every single mastery item is listed in the players profiled.

DE has made the decision to hide a few items from profiles because they aren't accessible most (or all) of the time or is a spoiler of some sort, and rather than leave players with an item in their profile that they can't get (and who knows when/if they'll return) they just hide them from the profile.

An example of this is the founder gear, which will never return, so why have it on peoples profiles?
Excalibur Umbra is hidden to avoid spoilers.
The dex weapons are hidden because they are only obtainable during the anniversary periods.
Invasion weapons aren't listed IIRC.
And so on.

This was caused bay a rather vocal part of the playerbase complaining that they can't complete their profiles because a lot of gear wasn't accessible and wouldn't be for a while, so DE hid things to shut them up...and it has largely worked.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, quxier said:

IMHO, what we need for profile to show every, even hidden gear (e.g. quest weapons). Afair profile doesn't show some stuff unless you own them.

As you are soon l4 you probably know that you can sort via progress. At the end there will be not maxed gear.

Yes im definitely aware That you can sort by progress. But if certain items aren't listed then sorting isn't gonna help you find those items.

4 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

DE has made the decision to hide a few items from profiles because they aren't accessible most (or all) of the time or is a spoiler of some sort, and rather than leave players with an item in their profile that they can't get (and who knows when/if they'll return) they just hide them from the profile.

An example of this is the founder gear, which will never return, so why have it on peoples profiles?
Excalibur Umbra is hidden to avoid spoilers.
The dex weapons are hidden because they are only obtainable during the anniversary periods.
Invasion weapons aren't listed IIRC.
And so on.

This was caused bay a rather vocal part of the playerbase complaining that they can't complete their profiles because a lot of gear wasn't accessible and wouldn't be for a while, so DE hid things to shut them up...and it has largely worked.

I can definitely see what you mean about founders items, and things That i could never actually get. That part is totally fine, and i Also get the part about spoilers, but i think we need a better system so we wouldn't have to find a list of hidden items elsewhere. And i think i may have an idea, there could be just black boxes in place of hidden items that they could actually aquire, and hovering over said boxes would give the player a hint, how to aquire such items. Like completing quests, or reach a certain rank in a syndicate. That would be a great thing for people, who may want to unlock everything so they can make complete lists.

19 minutes ago, Reactions_with_will said:

I can definitely see what you mean about founders items, and things That i could never actually get. That part is totally fine, and i Also get the part about spoilers, but i think we need a better system so we wouldn't have to find a list of hidden items elsewhere. And i think i may have an idea, there could be just black boxes in place of hidden items that they could actually aquire, and hovering over said boxes would give the player a hint, how to aquire such items. Like completing quests, or reach a certain rank in a syndicate. That would be a great thing for people, who may want to unlock everything so they can make complete lists.

Codex should be like this. Like it lists all the mods you have & sources. However it doesn't tell you what items you are missing and where to find it. Scanning enemies at least gives you armor, weakness etc.

Ok so I've written everything down from the hidden mastery website, and i wasn't missing anything at all. And i used the codex to make sure, everything was actually listed there and had been leveled. So what i did was just searched for prisma for example and then just checked everything off. Then i typed in wraith, etc. So that's a pretty efficient way to cross check. So the only ones i was actually missing was the ones you get from running the narmer bounties. Very cool, and Thanks for all the helpful feedback. And maybe de could help to simplify the process of discovering hidden items.

Maybe they could add a setting for people who want spoilers, then it would just show everything.

8 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

ngl, baro and invasion gear have no business being hidden. That's the main reason I forgot prisma shade was a thing for an entire year when I was hunting down mastery points.

I don't think anything should be hidden outside of Founder gear, not even quest items. A grayed out picture of Nataruk won't spoil the New War, and mods like Primed Chamber or Baro Kiteer weapons are permanently available now.

• Like 1