Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Transmuters are kind of pointless

Darthplagueis13

Right, here's the thing: There's a number of ways of getting a new Riven mod, but transmutating Rivens is by far the worst. Not just because you are using 4 previous Rivens to do so, but also because you need to use an additional item to do so. Now, Riven Transmuters aren't that hard to get, since you're guaranteed two from Capturing an Eidolon Hydrolyst, but at the same time, why bother? Might as well just dissolve/sell those 4 Rivens and get a new one from handing in Riven Shards to Palladino, buy them from Teshin, get them from Steel Path Circuit or a few other ways.

The only real reason I can see for using a Transmuter is if you're gonna fuse four Rivens of a specific type for a new one of the same type, but honestly since you already need four of that type, making you jump through additional hoops in order to fuse them just feels unnecessary.

• Like 2

There is always gonna be higher supply than demand for rivens, Transmute is the way of regulating that part (some new player transmute to endo, but that is a mistake).

2 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

Now, Riven Transmuters aren't that hard to get, since you're guaranteed two from Capturing an Eidolon Hydrolyst, but at the same time, why bother?

Cause it is an old content that needs an incentive for players to play it? (other than "chance" for arcanes).

The only real reason I can see for using a Transmuter is if you're gonna fuse four Rivens of a specific type for a new one of the same type, but honestly since you already need four of that type, making you jump through additional hoops in order to fuse them just feels unnecessary.

You do not have to use 4, 3 is already high chance of getting the proper one. You can use the filter menu to filter by rivens, this way you can see which ones are primary/secondary/melee without additional searches. For you this is hoops jumping, for me this is gameplay and mechanic.

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There is always gonna be higher supply than demand for rivens, Transmute is the way of regulating that part (some new player transmute to endo, but that is a mistake).

If you are not Eidolon player then you won't have too much. Even endo gain isn't huge it's still something for trading mods.

Might as well just dissolve/sell those 4 Rivens and get a new one from handing in Riven Shards to Palladino, buy them from Teshin, get them from Steel Path Circuit or a few other ways.

This^

I honestly don't feel like doing Eidolons to get R.transmuters, transmuting 4 rivens and getting random riven that may be useless is 'fun'.

54 minutes ago, quxier said:

If you are not Eidolon player then you won't have too much. Even endo gain isn't huge it's still something for trading mods.

Endo is obtainable pretty much from everything. Rivens not so much. Transforming scarce resource into common one is bad idea from economy standpoint.

56 minutes ago, quxier said:

I honestly don't feel like doing Eidolons to get R.transmuters, transmuting 4 rivens and getting random riven that may be useless is 'fun'.

You do not have to consider it anything. It is an option. It applies to everyone. If you do not find it useful, do not use it.

39 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Endo is obtainable pretty much from everything. Rivens not so much. Transforming scarce resource into common one is bad idea from economy standpoint.

Scarce resource isn't always profitable. Sometimes you get trash - sometimes you get gold.

And you have to take into account time needed to acquire transmuters.

45 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

You do not have to consider it anything. It is an option. It applies to everyone. If you do not find it useful, do not use it.

We can still have opinions on such "options". An option still should have enough "pros".

I also transmute rivens when I'm bouncing off the 180 limit again. I'd rather spend 5 minutes struggling to decide which rivens to melt into a new one than 5 days agonizing over the frustration of trying to sell them to flakes, lowballers, and scammers in trade chat.