Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

I like the Inaros rework, but Scarab Swarm no longer healing is a bit disappointing

Scarab Swarm used to heal allies before the rework, and I was hoping it'd be a more consistent part of the ability with the rework, but instead that part of it simply got completely removed.
While Inaros himself might not need the healing from it that much, but it could heal allies, including hijack objectives, defense objectives and extractors, which with a bit of ability range could give him more variety of playstyles, and variety of possible builds is one of the most interesting parts of Warframe.
I think it should be added back, of course in some balanced means.
Sure Arcane Grace can keep me healed, but I'd trade that for an other arcane and Scarab Swarm having more utility, including team utility.
One of the most criticized parts of Inaros previous kit was that he was a "selfish" frame, so it seems a bit tone deaf to remove one of the parts of it which was the opposite of that instead of improving it.
I can see some helminth options which could work as a bandaid, but still.
Not to sound harsh of course, I think the other parts of his rework was handled really well.

• Like 6

Yea definitely disappointed by the removal of the heal. I would have been fine with gutting the percentage of damage healed especially now that the damage scales and has multiple corrosive procs.

i concur... gutting his heal was kinda a low blow.... i mean the new ability is fun and looks cool and all, but even adding the armor strip doesnt justify completely removing the heal as the armor strip is no where near as high as it should have been.

Agreed. It feels a bit meh. Scarab Swarm is a CC which has overlap with Desiccation, but Desiccation is cheaper and boosts melee damage via the blind. The armor strip is insanely slow, and even then requires Archon Shards for a full strip. The spreading mechanic seems very bad... Kavat AI is poor, they don't hit enemies often, and when they do it seems like the swarm duration is greatly reduced compared to when you cast the ability yourself. Instead of the full 15 second duration, the kavats just swarm enemies for a couple of seconds or so. No healing.

When i play any warframe i feel like i'm playing something hammered, quenched and tempered. Inaros now feels like instead of doing all that you went to a dollar store for a cheap plastic replica. His moves don't feel like they hit hard and its kind of noodly.

The sand kavats don't do their job very well and seem more of just a plushie decoy tossed out to make the enemy look at it for a moment.

He feels like a glob of concrete slapped down and quickly shaped and let to cure as it goes lopsided. Hes durable but kinda bland. More bland then before. Like i didn't even feel like i was contributing to the fight.
All meat and no teeth.

Edited by Lancars

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

This  is ''the hydroid puddle is what makes it fun'' type of post.

It's really not if you've actually read the post. Unless you're replying to the person before you, because they were actually not talking about Scarab Swarm, but 2 other abilities which are now arguably less clunky, and I did claim I like the rework, but this problem in particular actually added less building freedom than more. Tank only vs tank with some support capabilities. In terms of variety it's objectively a downgrade to nerf the healing part of Scarab Swarm.
Most of the abilities functionally improved, but this one actually does one thing less in trade for slightly more efficient armor strip.

I'm not one of those people who thinks Inaros rework should be reverted, because it's an upgrade for the tank playstyle, but the healing part of Scarab Swarm being added back would definitely not make the frame worse, would it now? So no, it's not one of those posts. Also Hydroid puddle wasn't a great mechanic and Nyx's Absorb should be changed for the same reason.
More variety in a game like Warframe is always better than less.

12 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

''Oh my god, inaros no longer heals his allies with his 4th, what a great shame!''

It is a great shame, ignoring that it does not matter since there are many ways to heal yourself without needing the poor healing of an inaros.

The cats do their jobs. Although the cats disappear, the swarm will be passed to the closest enemy and when they dies the cat appears again. I feel like you guys aren't using Sandstorm together with Scarab Swarm, it is not that it has a synergy but the swarm It passes to the closest enemy of the affected (with 15 meters) and affects them as well. I think it is logical to use them together.

Or do you all expect Scarab Swarm to be a Ability that deletes enemies in one tick? If that's the case, that's ridiculous.  

Now if we talk about endurance with the character, if you equip him well he endures well and if you add the augment it is very difficult for you to die unless you stand still waiting to be killed.

None of this is relevant to the post.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

haha

To elaborate a bit more, the post is about the team utility Inaros could possibly provide, not about self heal (that Arcane Grace does better anyway), or damage, or his endurance.

Edited by Harutomata
  • Like 1