Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it intentional for the "Narmer-Beam" or Eximus units to one shot objectives?

Archon hunt missions with defensive objectives just randomly fail out of nowhere, if you pay attention you can see those Narmer guys killing it in one or two hits of their laser. Just now Chipper got instagibbed without even getting into downed state - he flew into the air after getting hit with a Blitz Eximus ability (I think) and the mission just failed.

Considering that these missions take an absolutely atrociously boring 15+ minutes solo I really don't want to randomly get a game-over screen. What's your take on this?

They fixed the ability for stuff without a listed crit stat to crit because of random one-shots.

Blitz eximus units and their BS fire aura still exists though, still not sure what its design goal for that is supposed to be other than to F over the invisible playstyle and chunk objective hp through everything.

As long as you can revive the target endlessly (which you can because its Chipper), I dont care. The second thing you mentioned (the mission being super boring) is what should have the top priority.

I see contradiction. On one hand you complain about the possibility of defense target being 1shot, on the other you think it is boring. Imagine how boring it is if the target is in no risk of dying ever.

3 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

As long as you can revive the target endlessly (which you can because its Chipper), I dont care.

You didn't read my post, a Blitz Eximus killed Chipper without downed state. He just flew into the air and I got a mission failed seconds later.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Just now Chipper got instagibbed

I'm sorry but all I can hear from this post is the Half-Life gib sound effect xD

55 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Considering that these missions take an absolutely atrociously boring 15+ minutes solo I really don't want to randomly get a game-over screen. What's your take on this?

If it's a recent issue from the update then it likely just needs fixing

If it's not then it more than likely is intentional since you really do need to pay attention on such missions but getting one shot out of nowhere, maybe not..

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

40 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You didn't read my post, a Blitz Eximus killed Chipper without downed state. He just flew into the air and I got a mission failed seconds later.

Yes, I did. Its you who got something wrong, and that something is that one hit killing an objective has nothing to do with a bug/poor design that makes chipper fly away and glitch out when hit by blitz eximus.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

17 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Absolutely perfect

Finally Chipper gets what he deserves

The narmer beams and blitz shockwaves can both so ridiculous damage , usually the shield gate stops it from being a OHKO.

If your shields are down though , it can kill you and the objective.

Getting thrown off the map though .... Haven't seen that since the good old days.

Edited by 0_The_F00l