Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Deimos Disruption Feedback

First off - love the new sounds/icons.  Haven't played older disruptions yet to see how those go, but it's a nice change here.

Second - the grind for the new parts was relatively fast.  Maybe a little too fast?  I did have to buy all 5 parts for the one new weapon, but I have everything building (or rushed) and for both sets of Dante I bought only a single main BP.  All missions bar the first one (to unlock SP) done on SP.  Not complaining, but this was the only new zone added, and I likely won't have a reason to come back often.

Third - the zone itself still looks amazing, but the mission tiles are simply too big (this goes for every Labs mission).  Every mission here feels like a running slog compared to basically every other tileset.

Fourth - Demo spawns seem noticeably less frequent than other disruptions.  It was very hard to ever get two defenses going at once, because on the rare times that 2 keys spawned, the 2nd was so far away there was no time to get two started at once.  Overall spawn quantities also feel low (for SP), even with PC hosts (I am on PC, so my hosts would be there).

Overall, the changes to disruption (the marking and sounds) feel nice, but this mission itself felt a little unnecessarily longer than other disruptions (but again, I haven't played any older ones today).  The pity currency was plentiful, and maybe I was lucky with drops.  At least this endless mission is actually endless (unlike alchemy).

Edit - The pity currency definitely should NOT be considered a rare drop with a popup.  You get some every time a demo goes down (the point of the mission).

Edited by Wheelhouser
Pity
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

Third - the zone itself still looks amazing, but the mission tiles are simply too big (this goes for every Labs mission).  Every mission here feels like a running slog compared to basically every other tileset.

This was literally the first feedback on the first day of the new tileset being released. They seem to have developed an obsession with making levels bigger and bigger starting with Kuva fortress. It's only gotten worse and worse with each new tileset since. Thus causes multiple game modes to be miserable compared to on older tileset, including disruption.

• Like 3

So ran my first non-new mode Disruption since the update (sortie had Lua as last stage).

Dramatically more spawns, and also multiple keys dropped at the same time (we actually had 3 going at one time once).

I guess I don't get the design philosophy of the new tileset where, apart from alchemy, the mob spawns are so consistently low (I am on PC, so when I host I get PC spawns) across all missions.  More spawns = more horde in this horde shooter, and the labs are supposed to be harder than lower level missions, yeah?

Is it just the overall design of the tileset (way too big, so mobs spawn way too far away and have bad pathing) or is it that there are actually fewer spawns?

I just don't think a SP labs disruption should feel less active than a sortie-level Lua disruption.

• Like 5

I really can't stress enough how much I want to love this new mission as Disruption is my FAVORITE game mode. But, DE, seriously? Meso, Neo, and Axi Relics? 

We already have disruptions for these specific relics. Disruptions that drop each type exclusively. 

Olympus, Mars: Best Meso Relic farm in the game

UR, Uranus: Best Neo Relic farm in the game

Apollo, Lua: Best Axi farm in the game. 

This new mission node offers NOTHING new. The dante and weapon parts can be bought with the capillaries that drop from the Necramech Demolysts so why the hell are they ALSO part of the drop table???? I was desperately hoping that the tables for this node were going to be all Lith relics so that we could, finally, have a proper lith farm that wasn't rerunning capture over and over and over again. Maybe make the melee arcanes the "Universal medallion" drop for this node? 

In addition the enemy spawns seem HEAVILY nerfed for no reason. Alchemy seems to have no problem spawning an uncalm ocean of enemies so I genuinely don't understand why this Disruption, the Game mode with the highest enemy spawn per cluster compared to every other game mode everywhere else, seems to spawn the same amount of enemies as a low level capture mission. And on top of THAT, the keys ONLY drop from the robots. The murmur do not drop the conduit keys so it's a LOT of pointless killing just to try to get more robots to spawn.

To say I'm disappointed in this new disruption is an understatement. I expected better. This should've been better. But I guess it'll just join Sedna as how NOT to do a disruption.

If we can have disruptions focusing on Kuva, credits, and most of the specific relic types, why can't this be the Lith farm node? 

TLDR; Too few enemy spawns, Keys dropping from only 1 of the 2 enemy types is unacceptable, Rewards are redundant as there are better disruption nodes for Meso, Neo, and Axi, and dante/dante's weapons have no place being on both the drop table AND the capillary store as you're more likely to just get them all from the reward table in the time it'll take you to get all the capillaries needed to buy them from Loid. The loot table needs a COMPLETE overhaul to make it worth coming back to. The spawns need to be on the same level of Alchemy. 

I will say I absolutely LOVE the tileset and QoL changes made to the game mode tho. 10/10 on that front.

Edited by ConDucktorWhirl
  • Like 1

The new Disruption mission is great, love the changes. I have farmed everything I need, and still want to play it more. I'm surprised how fast the farm was. I hope there are more rewards added in a later update.

Just one small hiccup: the keys that drop don't make a sound upon landing on the ground, and can be missed a little too easily, even though there are multiple visual indicators. It's not really a big problem and might be just me.

Also, off topic here, I hope Alchemy gets distributed throughout the star chart as new nodes, because it's a very good mode too, and teaches element combinations to newbies.

Edited by Zebiko
changed a word
  • Like 2

On 2024-03-30 at 3:22 AM, Zebiko said:

Also, off topic here, I hope Alchemy gets distributed throughout the star chart as new nodes, because it's a very good mode too, and teaches element combinations to newbies.

that is a sound idea, they did that with disruption so i don't see the issue in them doing it with other modes as well, it could lead to new methods of farming certain things depending on how they implement it as well like maybe new relic farms.