Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental mods affect Slam attacks?

Darkeus

Did i misunderstood it, but weren't all dmg mods supposed to affect Slam attacks also? atm i see no difference on my Slam atk stats numbers either if i use Prime Fever strike mod or not...

So are slam attacks affected by what mods exactly? cause i supposed all mods should affect this type of attack, even range ones...

Can any dev make this clear pls?

2 - Ground Slam Attack’s Radial Damage now scales with Mods
Since Slam Attacks are now purely Radial Damage, we’ve made its damage scaleable with Mods, when previously it wasn’t. This effectively buffs Ground Slam Attacks since you can now directly increase its damage and apply Weapon Status (inherited from Mods), which ultimately improves its scalability for late game content. 

It’s worth noting that all of the above changes only apply to AERIAL/JUMP Ground Slam Attacks (In air + Aim Downwards + Melee) and AERIAL/JUMP Heavy Ground Slam Attacks (In air + Aim Downwards + Heavy Melee). They do not affect Slam Attacks that are part of Stance Combos. For example, Slam attacks during combos deal flat damage amounts and do not scale with Mods. We currently do not have plans to change this. 

Are you using the aerial slams or the combo slams?

Just read the patch notes: 

Edited by Zakkhar

I am reading the stats on my weapons when i do equip or remove the mods that increase elemental dmg like Prime Fever Striker or mods that increase a type of dmg like Slash...

and when i use Slam atk, i jump and press atk, either heavy or normal atk.

I haven't test if the dmg apllies even if in the UI stat it does not...

Stats Screen

In the current image, it's difficult to tell what the issue might be because there are too many different parts.  I think if you simplified it and focused on only a single mod it would be easier to diagnose.  So I'd recommend this:

1. Remove all mods from your weapon config.
  2. Exit and re-enter the modding screen.
  3. Add Fever Strike.
  4. Hover the cursor over Slam Attack so it expands and gives you all the info.
  5. Take a picture.

That will make it clear that any differences in stats is because of Fever Strike and nothing else.

In-Game

To find out whether this is just a UI issue or a gameplay issue:

1. Enter the Simulacrum.
  2. Remove any pets so they don't attack, etc.
  3. Pause AI and spawn an enemy.
  4. Remove all mods from your weapon.
  5. Do an aerial slam attack to the side of the enemy without directly hitting it (to avoid things like headshot multipliers)
  6. Note the damage number (and whether or not it was a crit, so you can compare crits to crits and non-crits to non-crits)
  7. Delete that enemy and respawn a new one.
  8. Add a handful of elemental mods and to your weapon so that the damage should significantly rise. (I recommend Radiation or Blast to reduce the likelihood of procs scaling the damage)
  9. Try to do the the exact same aerial slam attack at the same distance from the new enemy.
  10. Note the damage number.

The fall-off of slam attacks will mean that it's unlikely that both attacks would have the same damage value even if the elemental mods did nothing; but since you added multiple elemental mods, if the mods do have an effect, the damage amount should be much higher regardless.

If you do these, I hope you'll let us know what you find!

5 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Stats Screen

In the current image, it's difficult to tell what the issue might be because there are too many different parts.  I think if you simplified it and focused on only a single mod it would be easier to diagnose.  So I'd recommend this:

1. Remove all mods from your weapon config.
  2. Exit and re-enter the modding screen.
  3. Add Fever Strike.
  4. Hover the cursor over Slam Attack so it expands and gives you all the info.
  5. Take a picture.

That will make it clear that any differences in stats is because of Fever Strike and nothing else.

I'm not OP, but here:20240328191944_1.jpg?ex=661870e8&is=6605

20240328191954_1.jpg?ex=661870e9&is=6605

Results are the same for any of the four 90% elemental mods. I don't have a simulacrum so I can't test accurately and precisely. I attempted to test via a normal mission instead. The mods did seem to increase the damage, which makes me inclined to believe it works, but again, as I don't have a simulacrum, there are a few factors that might've contaminated the results. Take those results with a grain of salt.

• Like 1