Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffs: Opt-Out Options

Joezone619

At this point, we have so many different buffs in the game, its hard to keep track of them all. Some are very helpful to a player's build, like health regen, armor, damage. Others are very harmful depending on a player's build, like fire rate for builds that use mods like [internal bleeding] which require you to be under a certain fire rate, or overguard for builds that use [rage], or [hunter adrenaline] that rely on taking damage to health.

We need a system in place where player's can opt out of different types of buffs. A menu, in arsenal or in settings, that has a list of all the stats you'd like to allow/deny buffs for, fire rate, overguard, melee speed, damage, movement speed, etc.

Say you disabled melee speed buffs, and a volt used their speed buff on you, you'd still have the movement speed but not the melee speed. At the same time if you yourself used volt's speed, you still receive the movement speed and no melee speed. Completely disabling the stat from being affected by abilities/buffs.

In short, we need a menu where we can toggle on/off certain stats from being buffed. With so many build options, and so many buffs, we're starting to hit a point where some buffs just aren't helpful anymore to certain builds.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

Say you disabled melee speed buffs, and a volt used their speed buff on you, you'd still have the movement speed but not the melee speed. At the same time if you yourself used volt's speed, you still receive the movement speed and no melee speed. Completely disabling the stat from being affected by abilities/buffs.

Seems like a lot of unnecessary coding imo. 

22 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

Seems like a lot of unnecessary coding imo. 

Indeed

The best way to inject to opt out of buff is just to have a similar list to what we already have now (revert hold/tap), this way we can toggle on/off of what FRAME we wish to opt out of getting buffs from, such as Volt/Rhino/Mesa, etc

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Joezone619:

Valkyr main actually, rage + overguard = n o  e n e r g y

Oh yea that's rough. DE gotta let on damaged stuff work with overguard. This is only going to get worse if it isnt adressed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Indeed

The best way to inject to opt out of buff is just to have a similar list to what we already have now (revert hold/tap), this way we can toggle on/off of what FRAME we wish to opt out of getting buffs from, such as Volt/Rhino/Mesa, etc

I'm not opposed to this idea, i was just trying to account for a more general solution. Toggling off melee speed buffs will toggle off all frames with a melee speed buff present and future simultaneously, while preserving as much of their buffs as possible if they buff multiple stats.

That said, your approach is a far more simplistic one, which is good for a game as complicated at times as warframe. Either one would be welcome to me, i just don't want my fire rate played with, don't matter to me how.

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

I'm not opposed to this idea, i was just trying to account for a more general solution. Toggling off melee speed buffs will toggle off all frames with a melee speed buff present and future simultaneously, while preserving as much of their buffs as possible if they buff multiple stats.

That said, your approach is a far more simplistic one, which is good for a game as complicated at times as warframe. Either one would be welcome to me, i just don't want my fire rate played with, don't matter to me how.

Indeed, while I am not opposed to your idea, having a toggle for every single individual power and buff would take hours to code and porb be a nightmare to adjust correctly, so mine is simple and right to the point, sure will still take time to code but a lot less hassle I'd assume.

If got a Volt on your team, no problem, the powers won't affect YOU but will affect other teammates, sure there can be a situation where a speed buff doesn't affect the entire team but that's okay and it may cause some confusion for new or old players but it'll keep the game healthy.

The only time I can see this being an issue is if used when doing a Full Run with a dedicated team but simple that is you switch it back on again, sure it's a hassle but you get what you paid for, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Indeed, while I am not opposed to your idea, having a toggle for every single individual power and buff would take hours to code and porb be a nightmare to adjust correctly, so mine is simple and right to the point, sure will still take time to code but a lot less hassle I'd assume.

If got a Volt on your team, no problem, the powers won't affect YOU but will affect other teammates, sure there can be a situation where a speed buff doesn't affect the entire team but that's okay and it may cause some confusion for new or old players but it'll keep the game healthy.

The only time I can see this being an issue is if used when doing a Full Run with a dedicated team but simple that is you switch it back on again, sure it's a hassle but you get what you paid for, so to speak.

Hmm... a thought occurs... perhaps they could use this system to make players immune to limbo's rift. As in if a player toggle off limbo buffs, they couldn't be banished into the rift, and could harm banished enemies as if the rift didn't exist. This alone would substantially fix limbo.