Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

2 hours ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

I mean, respectfully, DE are not your friends. They have no reason to feel regret and sorrow over this, they are working their job and we got a sorry from them. But there are people acting like DE personally kicked their dog in front of them.

Fair point but Actions speak louder than words Ravlin, don't forget that.

2 hours ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

From what I can tell, people are asking them to remove LoS and the damage that Tragedy does itself (not the status detonation) and I don't think that would solve the actual concerns that people had when Dante first came out, as the issue was never that part of the damage calc. They then go on to say that DE said the nerfs were because of low-level nuking with the initial damage, and as far as I see, they did not say that.

Yeah, I'd not be too surprised if that was their excuse but even I am finding it hard to find that proof

1 hour ago, tartcactus said:

DE is not considering anything we, in the Forums, are talking about. If anything, they will cherry pick the posts by their white knight defenders (DE Alt Accounts?) That support their attempts to make a silk purse out of the Loss of Sight sow's ear. Trust me, they ate about to break way more frames trying to save this one awful nerf. I have zero faith in DE anymore. Seriously, just keep everything like it is now. Refund any monies spent by anyone on this frame you do not want people to play and stop flailing at this windmill. You keep flailing like this and you are going to take someone's eye out.

1 hour ago, Nero.DMC said:

They will break other frames for sure while trying to fix LoS, it does not mean they should not try and fix it tho but they defo will break it, their QA deparment is non existant.

Yeah that's not good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Akasha said:

As of the dev shorts this week only mentioning Inaros and Nidus for the overgaurd and rage changes, I would like to remind the devs that Kulervo exists and should also have said changes applied to him too. Just because a frame can generate his own overguard does not mean he shouldnt meet the requirements the other frames do for having a health pool and nothing else. 

As well, on a similar note, that Gauss' Kinetic Plating is similar in concept but does not care or whether it was shields or health damaged, so in a similar vain, also have these changes applied to himself for his kinetic plating as well.

• Like 1

Honestly, the Dante changes weren't all that big of a deal, and the issues that did come with the changes are being addressed in such a way that the game will be getting improved line of sight checks across the board and better interactions between frames and overguard. Good on you, DE!

That said, the toxicity and entitlement in the reactions makes me think that the community needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror about what's wrong with the state of the game.

• Like 2

Today I went into Warframe to give Dante one more chance.

Went into the new elite alert that puts you into a lvl 110 steel path survival node on Mars in a grineer ship tileset.

Enemies chewed through overguard in seconds, I ran out of my 700 energy in seconds due to trying to keep it up. Neither Zenurik, nor Arcane Energize, nor Equilibrium were able to keep up with the energy consumption.

Ended up not even using dark verse and tragedy at all due to the horrible LoS. Doesn't matter that I'm in a big room on the grineer ship, there are so many obstacles and columns that Tragedy kills maybe 3 enemies and is not worth the energy cost.

I ended up just using my melee weapon because it was vastly more consistent and required less preparation and did not produce dimnishing results like Dante's tragedy does now.

It was genuinely the most unfun survival I have ever played in my 3k hours in warframe, because I was unable to use my Dante to his full ability. After I finished the node I just went back to my main-before-Dante which is Gauss, because he at least is fun to play.

Please remove LoS.

Edited by Gandalf_White
  • Like 9

To all DE Apologists claiming those of us complaining about Loss of Sight are being toxic, let us examine a few things:

DE jammed a clearly untested .mechanic into a newly released frame with less than one week of play time

DE refuses to roll the code back to pre blunder while trying to call it an honest mistake.

DE will not deign to even acknowledge the complaints relevant to the forum topic. Add to that the open demonstration that they are deli rarely ignoring the relevant complaints to this topic by actually responding in a very flippant fashion to an off topic complaint about Mesa

DE continues to stand pat on an atrociously weak hand by broadcasting a tone deaf Dev Short.

You do stupid things, you get stupid prizes

Edited by tartcactus
  • Like 8

Six days of no response to my refund request.

Do we need to phone in a request for a wellness check for DE Customer Service? 

Not hearing anything from anyone except a very off topic response to an off topic issue and then the erratic behavior during the Dev Short yesterday makes me concerned for their health.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

Honestly, the Dante changes weren't all that big of a deal, and the issues that did come with the changes are being addressed in such a way that the game will be getting improved line of sight checks across the board and better interactions between frames and overguard. Good on you, DE!

That said, the toxicity and entitlement in the reactions makes me think that the community needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror about what's wrong with the state of the game.

I can outdps tragedy with my melee weapon, that should tell you the LoS changes are S#&$.

spending energy should have an effect, you want to have all frames as weapons holders? what's the point of releasing  new frames wasting everyone's time then? 

Before you could mark and detonate now we just got a worse and more annoying to play version and a few corporate shills are telling us that we are entitled? that is the dumbest thing i have read in theese forums by far.

As someone else pointed out they rushed the changes without testing them AND there are still people having performance issues thank to those changes, the LoS changes are S#&$ any way you look at them but sure, stay happy with a worse version, thats how you kill a game, people expressing their justified complaints are not entitled, they do so out of love of the game, if they did not care they would not take the time to comment about it, when no one comments or express their opinion the game is dead

• Like 11

2 hours ago, tartcactus said:

Six days of no response to my refund request.

IIRC, I've heard that Support is overwhelmed with refund requests, so it may take a while, also don't open multiple tickets as that will only slow down the response time

• Like 1