Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and it's P2W

Karoleq_VIP

Question

Isnt it just worth going to work for additional hours and buy plat instead just playing warframe xD

Rate for work per hour in europe is about 12$

Rate for Plat is 60 per hour while grinding so... xd

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Karoleq_VIP said:

Isnt it just worth going to work for additional hours and buy plat instead just playing warframe xD

Rate for work per hour in europe is about 12$

Rate for Plat is 60 per hour while grinding so... xd

And what does this have to do with Pay-To-Win? There is no payed item in the game that gives any advantage to those farmed freely.

I know L4 players who havent spent a cent in the game and have everything (Except Founders Gear).

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is no payed item in the game that gives any advantage to those farmed freely

Time isn't an item but surely skipping it could be argued as an advantage?

for example if you paid for dante day one you would have gotten 5 days of unhindered flawless play before he got butchered, wont be until maybe next week he is fixed proper

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

I think the real question is  would you rather play the game and have any sense of accomplishment or would you rather sell out and spend money when you really don't have to? Tbh it's what you make of it.

In 3k hours I've bought exactly 1 frame with plat. Everything else has been farmed and traded for, even and mostly forma packs. I am not the only one. 

Of course for the thousands of hours played I've bought platinum with a 75% off coupon, Tennocon digital tickets, and even some Tennogen. These being less of necessity (haven't needed plat for a long time) but moreso as a financial nod of thanks to Digital Extremes. 

You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to. Some people choose to pay to advance/grind skip. But there is something to be said for the situational and subjectively valuable experience you gain along the way which in turn can translate to understanding some complex farms that yield tradable items and so forth. 

Like others said, it's all what you make of it. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus

1 hour ago, Ardo said:

I think the real question is  would you rather play the game and have any sense of accomplishment or would you rather sell out and spend money when you really don't have to? Tbh it's what you make of it.

The game is a farming game.  Nothing more.

So paying makes no sense (or cents?):

Paying money to skip the grind is paying money to skip the farm - is paying money to not play the game that you are spending money on - why are you spending money to not play?  If you don't like playing the game, why aren't you doing something else lol... like replying to useless threads about "winning" in a game that has no concept of victory. 

pay-to-WIN what exactly? Lol

If you have the time, farm.  If you have the steady income, buy plat when you get a 50% off or higher coupon and sit on it until you find a use for it.  Also, I would use plat to trade for prime parts rather than buying the non prime variants on the marketplace since the markup on there is crazy compared to the average price players sell the entire prime set for unvaulted frames (and some vaulted ones are not that badly priced).  Personally, I do a mix of both.  Though I quickly realized that frame/weapon slots are the first things you should go for.  Also, the game is no more p2w than any other MMO, instead of buying a booster to max level, you buy frames that can only be farmed in higher tier content.

Ty for listening to my TED talk.

Edited by MetalMechabolic