Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Dante is solid now

22 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

True I’m starting to think they are aliens from another planet who’s sole purpose is to make the people on earth the ones playing and enjoying there games miserable as hell lol

Well, judging by recent developments 

MISSION. BLOODY. ACCOMPLISHED. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NemiTheNem said:

Dante's *playable* now. Because we screamed. Remember, they slapped strict LoS on him and it's only because we screamed that they tried fixing it.

So now he's playable.

Barly hes Barly playable LOS is crap being blocked by basicly everything your frame, a small object and even shadows and needing your fov to be basically maxed to be any good and he's barly the frame he was when he was first released 

He was purfect until they decided well lets ruin everyone's fun and nerf him to the ground ya just a smig @[DE]Rebecca sead that was a bold face lie if I've ever sean one 

Le 07/04/2024 à 02:19, Krazy4Overkills a dit :

Dante seems to be in a good spot currently and does what he does well. He was great on release and the changes given leave room for teammates to shine which is nice. Your listening to feedback is appreciated and I think the community might be interested in augments that make Dante closer to how he was on release, if only the nuke ability. Thank you for reading and making an effort

As much in a good spot as Ember is. Cool beans.

Release a nuke frame => nerf the LoS on that one specifically => leave the older frames untouched => job done => fix the issue you created by releasing augments 3 years after the frame has sunk to irrelevancy. Bravo, couldn't have made it sound worse if I tried.

Petting DE's back when they make a bad decision? "As an investor, I must say, I don't approve."

Why must content always be released like it's not being tested beforehand? Is there no quality control? How do you decide to release an ability with no LoS check, only to panic within days of the frame's release, just because it can clear the entirety of Hydron in normal star chart difficulty in three button presses? Well guess what, three buttons is all it takes for my run of the mill saryn to kill base steel path Hydron, with the added benefit of still working well even at level cap SP. So I guess that's fair. Next you're gonna tell me it's logical for Fireblast to be the most expensive armor strip, when it's the worst one of the lot due to janky LoS checks.

See yourself out, you're not helping.

• Like 8

On 2024-04-07 at 10:08 PM, StrawberrySparrow said:

So D.E. deletes all the negative feedback in a massive thread and all the suddenly some guy comes out of nowhere calling Dante solid? Hmmmmmm.

Uh-huh.

You are on to something here. (I'm afraid your hunch might be right on the money)

• Like 4

vor 5 Stunden schrieb RogueSyndiva:

You are on to something here. (I'm afraid your hunch might be right on the money)

"Maybe, if we suppress it hard and long enough, people will forget it? Yeaah that'll work"

• Like 3

13 hours ago, yeahnil said:

"Maybe, if we suppress it hard and long enough, people will forget it? Yeaah that'll work"

Oh it's working. 

Against them by riling up the community more. Every time they "hotfix" it just breaks, or exposes another flaw in their ideolog. Keep shooting yourself in the foot DE, you got a few bones left unbroken. Symmetry and all that. You'll fix it eventually.  🙄 

• Like 4

Augments should not be balance, nor a power up, much less a band-aid for bad design. It should be cool alternatives to how to play a frame that changes how it works, not to make it how it should work.
The conversation is not about balance. It's about gameplay and playability. Dante is less dynamic and less fun to play. They said it themselves "This is the biggest base area range in the game". Where is the "LoS" mechanic in this phrase? LoS is a fundamental functionality, it's not a balanceable number. Now, range is. So, why not focus on the problem that they themselves say that is the problem, instead they are reworking the ability to function worse than before in a way that is worse to play.
And about the kill on Thrax. Yeah, any frame can do that with a good weapon, while a weapon platform frame do it faster and easier. What is your point even, since it's a mage that used magic to kill? They said it themselves that the damage was not the problem.

Edited by Museigen
  • Like 4