Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Pseudo) exalted weapons - make them abilities that affect special weapons

quxier

As tittle: make them abilities that affect special weapons.

So let's say you have Valkyr. You equip melee into her Exalted slot. In mission, when you activate her 4th it will equip that melee. In addition it gives 5% life steal.

That can be done with other pseudo/exalted:

- Baruuk - adds ranged attacks

- Khora/1 - synergy with her Strangle dome

- Titania/Diwata - auto aiming while flying

- Excal - like Baruuk but slashes and aerial combos

- Wukong - range

- Dante - can equip all tome mods

- Mesa - auto aim

Other would have something different but I don't know them very well.

In general, all weapons would get "exalted treatment":

- Melee would get 1.0 follow through

- Ammo based on energy (shield in case of Hildryn) like Noctua.Every shot or N second(s) of firing take X energy.

Weapons specific effects would be transfered into exalted version 1 to 1 unless exalted adds such functionality. For example Vitrica shoots projectiles on aerial atacks so it would be changed int Slashes of Excalibur.

Pseudo exalted would use such system as well. That includes: Khora, Atlas, Gara, Ash (?),

It can be farther expaned into exalted companions (Khora/Venari, Yareli/Merulina).

Reasons?

Any change to weapons would be automatically "deployed" into Exalted. So you can use e.g. arcanes (e.g. melee arcanes), exilus slots (e.g. Noctua) etc with your favorite weapons.

ps. I may missed something so any post is welcome.

EDIT 12.04.2024:

I've forgotten to mention something. Your old exalted weapons would be converted to normal melees so you can equip them if you like current style.

Edited by quxier
  • Like 1

How do you propose to balance that? Currently all these abilities have fixed base stats. 

Just make pseudo-exalts moddable like Noctua and we are fine.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

How do you propose to balance that? Currently all these abilities have fixed base stats. 

i always felt this was the way it should of been from the get go... sure more work but i had a feeling down the line something would pop up eventually due to new systems being added

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Like any any weapon.

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Some are modable but still lacks stuff. Like Noctua doesn't have exilus nor arcane.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, quxier said:

Like any any weapon.

But it is not any other weapon. It is a second melee slot with innate 5% lifesteal (as you propose). That means you would need to balance the frames in question.

35 minutes ago, quxier said:

Some are modable but still lacks stuff. Like Noctua doesn't have exilus nor arcane.

Neither does any actual Exalted. Why would pseudo-exalted have them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

Neither does any actual Exalted. Why would pseudo-exalted have them?

Ok, so why use (pseudo)Exalted? Baruk has ranged waves, Mesa auto-aim etc. However some are just normal melees. Shadow claws, Wukong staff and other are just like this.

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

Like any any weapon.

But it is not any other weapon. It is a second melee slot with innate 5% lifesteal (as you propose). That means you would need to balance the frames in question.

It's nothing special. If you melee can do the same or even more do you even "need balance"? Seriously, this 5% life steal where I can get 20% heavies +11 on every status.

• Like 1