Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Dante's Tragedy Suggestion

Since DE is still pushing for LOS on Dante's 4 despite the immense backlash, I have an idea that could help make the ability more reliable since LOS is probably not going to be removed.

Add a marking feature to Dark Verse so that any enemy hit by the ability is marked for a set duration, and marked enemies will always be hit by Tragedy whether they are in LOS or not. This would make the ability more consistent while still requiring an active playstyle. It would also make sure you're actually hitting every enemy you hit with Dark Verse regardless of any obstructions to your LOS. On tile sets with smaller rooms I could mark enemies in one room, move to the next room and mark a few more, then detonate Tragedy rather than having to use Tragedy more than once between rooms.

• Like 5

Thats the same as removing LoS, but without teamwork and ignoring Noctua's/Companion's DoTs. Its a bad solution, BUT its still WAY better than LoS.

I would prefer this over LoS any day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

Thats the same as removing LoS, but without teamwork and ignoring Noctua's/Companion's DoTs. Its a bad solution, BUT its still WAY better than LoS.

I would prefer this over LoS any day.

It's really not as bad as you might think. One dark verse tag on most dante builds use archon shards for cast speed, so it feel pretty fluid mixing in spell casts with other things if that's how you'd want to play him. But yes it would be far better than its current state.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, OnestarMike dijo:

It's really not as bad as you might think. One dark verse tag on most dante builds use archon shards for cast speed, so it feel pretty fluid mixing in spell casts with other things if that's how you'd want to play him. But yes it would be far better than its current state.

Ik, but you will not benefit from any other DoT placed by any other means. That would be sad. But still, better than LoS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

Ik, but you will not benefit from any other DoT placed by any other means. That would be sad. But still, better than LoS.

You could still benefit from other DoTs, so long as you tag the enemies with Dark Verse at any point. The only thing that's kinda a downside is that it would incentivize casting Dark Verse quite a bit more while Wordwarden doesn't support ability attacks, only weapon ones.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

but you will not benefit from any other DoT placed by any other means. That would be sad.

I actually had another idea for Tragedy to always hit enemies with Toxin, Heat, or Slash status on them (Tragedy doesn't detonate Gas or Electric). That way you can prime with both Dark Verse or weapons.

Edited by iiReapzx
  • Like 1

hace 6 horas, iiReapzx dijo:

I actually had another idea for Tragedy to always hit enemies with Toxin, Heat, or Slash status on them (Tragedy doesn't detonate Gas or Electric). That way you can prime with both Dark Verse or weapons.

This would be the dream :)