The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's some of your favourite incarnons and why ? featuring a vid of my top 3 from this week

helioth137

Well as far favorites go - not what's most effective necessarily but just the ones I love actually using the most:

1. Angstrum - feels incredible to shoot, too easy to charge, does decent work too. Such a success of an incarnon - can I even remember the Angstrum before? Oh man.
  2. Burston - feels so solid. The mag is huge and that feels great. It chews through everything too. Finally a machine gun that actually kills things - too bad it's technically a rifle like the phenmor lmao. Jokes aside, it's an amazing incarnon, it feels so wonderful to use, it feels.... reliable, comfortable. I love it.

And that's it for me. There are a lot that are really close - many are held back by their incarnon mag size or charging mechanics. I want to love the Miter - it's so close, but it just doesn't feel good to use because it sucks to charge. I want to love the Dual Toxocyst, but it just hurts to charge it so much that it ends up feeling clunky despite being powerful.

The incarnon program is absolutely one of the best things to happen to warframe. I really hope we get another solid round of them, and I hope they make a QoL pass on some of the ones we have already, because so many of them just need a simple tweak to become excellent.

Edited by CrownOfShadows
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Lex is perhaps the strongest secondary i have, nothing survives more than one shot.

interesting! :o "nothing" is i guess standard units barring things like necramechs and probably eximus? or do you one shto those too ? :) 
I only saw it doing 1 mil per shot in a vid, which is surpassed by a lot of my primary/ melee builds, but decent for a secondary. 
Shot for shot it's probably better than laetum, but when you count speed and area of effect ? 

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Well, it's really hard to get headshots with.  And the magazine is tiny, so you're constantly reloading.   And it only gets half a charge per headshot.  So overall, I think it's harder to charge than any other Incarnon.  And it might not seem to do all that much once you get it into Incarnon mode.

Does that explain it well enough, lol?

I will say it helps a lot to have punch through and the 1.2 sprint speed perk active, and a riven.   Periodically it'll do something downright amazing...although that's at least partly because I have low expectations!

Hipster cred.  I think that might be the best explanation. :P

thanks, yeah, interesting! (: 

soo... a love / hate relationship with occasional peaks but consistent valleys :P 

4 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Well as far favorites go - not what's most effective necessarily but just the ones I love actually using the most:

1. Angstrum - feels incredible to shoot, too easy to charge, does decent work too. Such a success of an incarnon - can I even remember the Angstrum before? Oh man.
  2. Burston - feels so solid. The mag is huge and that feels great. It chews through everything too. Finally a machine gun that actually kills things - too bad it's technically a rifle like the phenmor lmao. Jokes aside, it's an amazing incarnon, it feels so wonderful to use, it feels.... reliable, comfortable. I love it.

And that's it for me. There are a lot that are really close - many are held back by their incarnon mag size or charging mechanics. I want to love the Miter - it's so close, but it just doesn't feel good to use because it sucks to charge. I want to love the Dual Toxocyst, but it just hurts to charge it so much that it ends up feeling clunky despite being powerful.

The incarnon program is absolutely one of the best things to happen to warframe. I really hope we get another solid round of them, and I hope they make a QoL pass on some of the ones we have already, because so many of them just need a simple tweak to become excellent.

I agree with you on the Angstrum, so under-used and under-rated, it's my go to on fast frames for the same reasons you mentioned.

Burston is super solid but in my eyes lacks a "spike", perhaps with void strike... I had the same issue with Soma until an alliance member showed me his build in simulacrum with satya ha, it really 1 to 2 shots the very toughest steel path enemies, millions in bleed ticks with that augment from entrati dad ;D 

Miter... dude i agree with you, until i started using charged shots and cc'ing enemies before landing non hit scan headshots, it just felt so annoying. Even then, there's something un-satisfying about the way it sounds and feels... idk, could have been better. Imo, if the design choice were up to me I'd say give it the angstrum treatment: no headshots needed, more consistent damage, change the sound to a slashing saw instead of... a baseball? 

Toxo... ngl, some of my favourites... landing those first few headshots can be painful but it pairs well if you use magus lockdown or sth similar to get the ball rolling easily. 
Would take angstrum over toxo any day of the week for non cc'able fast enemies though

36 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

interesting! :o "nothing" is i guess standard units barring things like necramechs and probably eximus? or do you one shto those too ? :) 
I only saw it doing 1 mil per shot in a vid, which is surpassed by a lot of my primary/ melee builds, but decent for a secondary. 
Shot for shot it's probably better than laetum, but when you count speed and area of effect ? 

Takes out eximus in 1 shot too, damage attenuation units like liches, archon and mechs it has problems with but that mechanic was made to reduce our one shot potential.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Takes out eximus in 1 shot too, damage attenuation units like liches, archon and mechs it has problems with but that mechanic was made to reduce our one shot potential.

very nice! (: 
Surprised to see it legit one shotting!! :o (: 

Glad i Just earned it with a friend, was fun seeing 200 mil crits in circuit with kullervo lol due to all the temp. decree buffs,
non-incarnon anku surprised me, also its heavy attack has innate slash which is nice (prob all scythes). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, helioth137 said:

what do you like about the nami solo ? 

and how do you put the ack & brunt to use ? i got it and liked it initially but it fell off use wise... haven't found its niche yet

The 9m range potential on Nami Solo is crazy, especially with an Influence build, since you get massive AoE plus the weapon has forced heavy attack bleeds with a spin AoE. Not the ultimate Influence weapon since the combos arent that fast hitting, but it is devastating and mobile at the same time. With Ack & Brunt it is also about Influence, it works really well with the highly mobile Elevent Storm stance, plus slide attacks launch a heavy hitting AoE projectile.

I forgot to mention Hate on my list aswell, it is just bonkers aswell with Influence since it just pumps out projectiles that detonate and spreads statuses.

Then all of them are just further improved by playing Kullervo or using a slightly inferior frame with Wrathful as Helminth choice. Saryn is also fun with influential Hate, since it spreads her toxin lash like crazy.

7 minutes ago, Pragmatic_2015 said:

In no apparent order:-

Lex Prime:- like a prenerf Catchmoon that slaps vs the earth archon summons in.

Boltor Prime:- Mine is a redcrit monster.

Prisma Angstrom:- I'm filling this corridor with LAZORZ

LAZORS! (: 

Nice, you must have a riven for boltor? or... enjoy aiming for those headshots with galva. scope

hyped about lex prime ! (: i'd been sleeping on it, but let's see what this baby can do

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The 9m range potential on Nami Solo is crazy, especially with an Influence build, since you get massive AoE plus the weapon has forced heavy attack bleeds with a spin AoE. Not the ultimate Influence weapon since the combos arent that fast hitting, but it is devastating and mobile at the same time. With Ack & Brunt it is also about Influence, it works really well with the highly mobile Elevent Storm stance, plus slide attacks launch a heavy hitting AoE projectile.

I forgot to mention Hate on my list aswell, it is just bonkers aswell with Influence since it just pumps out projectiles that detonate and spreads statuses.

Then all of them are just further improved by playing Kullervo or using a slightly inferior frame with Wrathful as Helminth choice. Saryn is also fun with influential Hate, since it spreads her toxin lash like crazy.

I clearly don't understand how melee influence works then... 9m does indeed sound nutty. 
I thought it was locked for 20 seconds once you trigger electric on a target? 
Spreading all the status on that target to all other targets within range? 

Saryn with dual ichors is my default loadout, will have to try hate too :D 

54 minutes ago, Joylesstuna said:

Skana incarnon is extremely strong and probably my most used melee now. Nami solo incarnon is great too with it's range. Burton and strun are my go tos.

what's so strong about it? 
looked at its evolutions and they didn't do much for me... 
i traded a riven for it for a braton one xD now ya got me doubtin' :D 

2 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

LAZORS! (: 

Nice, you must have a riven for boltor? or... enjoy aiming for those headshots with galva. scope

hyped about lex prime ! (: i'd been sleeping on it, but let's see what this baby can do

I clearly don't understand how melee influence works then... 9m does indeed sound nutty. 

Saryn with dual ichors is my default loadout, will have to try hate too :D 

what's so strong about it? 
looked at its evolutions and they didn't do much for me... 
i traded a riven for it for a braton one xD now ya got me doubtin' :D 

Its a see of redcrits on a status weapon, the amount of Archons if decked with it is mindboggling. Between Critical Delay and my CC/Elec riven with Vital Sense and Hammer Shot to make everything stick. I just charge it up and letta rip.

Lex P Incarnon was maid for Hemorrhage. It just slaps hard

Prisma Angstrom isn't about the stats, it's about the satisfaction of how it feels. Just pure mindless fun. Yeppers LAZORS for the funsies.

1-Praedos. I love how the Incarnon doesn't add anything fancy to its kit. Just another great tonfa to use in addition to the Telos Boltace.

2-Honestly? I don't use Incarnons that much so I don't think I have follow-ups. Yes I have multiple built up but I don't use them all that much to really enter my list of favorites.

48 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

1-Praedos. I love how the Incarnon doesn't add anything fancy to its kit. Just another great tonfa to use in addition to the Telos Boltace.

2-Honestly? I don't use Incarnons that much so I don't think I have follow-ups. Yes I have multiple built up but I don't use them all that much to really enter my list of favorites.

Have you tried Prisma Ohma with Influence. I'm genuinely intimidated by it.

22 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Yeah you've mixed up how it works a bit.

It works like this. When an electric status procs on an enemy there is a 20% chance for the status to activate the arcane. The arcane is then active for 20 seconds (cant refresh the buff duration during this time) and spreads all elemental statuses you apply to enemies during that time. Not only that, but each spread status also inflicts its modded damage on the target it spreads to.

So fast hitting weapons aswell as good range can produce an insane amount of AoE damage from the arcane. A weapon with 9m reach can potentially hit enemies with influence 29m away from you, since the status spread from the target. This can also turn your gunblades into 20m AoE "guns", though Hate Incarnon does it better since it has none of the drawbacks of the terrible gunblade stances, it just launches projectiles with your forward and neutral combo as you slash away.

On 2024-04-18 at 4:01 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah you've mixed up how it works a bit.

It works like this. When an electric status procs on an enemy there is a 20% chance for the status to activate the arcane. The arcane is then active for 20 seconds (cant refresh the buff duration during this time) and spreads all elemental statuses you apply to enemies during that time. Not only that, but each spread status also inflicts its modded damage on the target it spreads to.

So fast hitting weapons aswell as good range can produce an insane amount of AoE damage from the arcane. A weapon with 9m reach can potentially hit enemies with influence 29m away from you, since the status spread from the target. This can also turn your gunblades into 20m AoE "guns", though Hate Incarnon does it better since it has none of the drawbacks of the terrible gunblade stances, it just launches projectiles with your forward and neutral combo as you slash away.

ooooh! It's a buff, thanks for clearing that up, silly me, i thought, cause of the wording, that it was a debuff on each individual enemy. 

I'm pumped I rolled a skana riven with +2.2 range, +110 crit dam, +110 heat, it's almost perfect for a melee influence build, but has the one big downside of -92% status duration, which might be an absolute number (as in, if it lasted 100 seconds before, it will only last 8 seconds now), but might not even be that bad. At any rate, it can still do amazing upfront crit damage, which is kind of more what the skana incarnon is about anyway. 

Not sure what best combo for heat would be in order to still get electric, i guess radiation, or,
seeing as i'm armour stripping with cedo + double emerald shards, maybe even gass... 
could use vazarin void snare/ cordon/ x to group them up then too, and deal "quadratic scaling damage" with both electric and gas. 

Downside is it would be very weak against necramechs, but then i'd swap to lex incarnon with secondary outburst (: 
Have any bright ideas except that? 
With the evolution that grants you +9 combo on first hit, skana goes 12x at rocket speed.

5 hours ago, helioth137 said:

ooooh! It's a buff, thanks for clearing that up, silly me, i thought, cause of the wording, that it was a debuff on each individual enemy. 

I'm pumped I rolled a skana riven with +2.2 range, +110 crit dam, +110 heat, it's almost perfect for a melee influence build, but has the one big downside of -92% status duration, which might be an absolute number (as in, if it lasted 100 seconds before, it will only last 8 seconds now), but might not even be that bad. At any rate, it can still do amazing upfront crit damage, which is kind of more what the skana incarnon is about anyway. 

Not sure what best combo for heat would be in order to still get electric, i guess radiation, or,
seeing as i'm armour stripping with cedo + double emerald shards, maybe even gass... 
could use vazarin void snare/ cordon/ x to group them up then too, and deal "quadratic scaling damage" with both electric and gas. 

Downside is it would be very weak against necramechs, but then i'd swap to lex incarnon with secondary outburst (: 
Have any bright ideas except that? 
With the evolution that grants you +9 combo on first hit, skana goes 12x at rocket speed.

It could work with the -92% status, but it would severly cut all statuses and you are pretty much left with gas or blast in order to have electric free. It is possible that you wont get any ticks at all from the DoTs since they last 6 seconds and tick each second, but the riven cuts the duration down to 0.48 seconds. The pure damage from influence would still be intact though.

I would probably reroll the riven and hope to get something similar, but maybe with cold or electric instead of heat and no negative status duration. Electric would likely be most beneficial since it leaves you open to build for any combined status you like otherwise while still utilizing influence no matter which frame you play. Like if I play a frame where I use nourish or get viral elsewhere I tend to not want viral on my weapon aswell. Like my Hate on Saryn atm. Instead of two mods for viral she has an extra mod for more electric and one for more crit damage, while on my Kullervo Hate is modded for viral in those two slots. On Dual Ichor it doesnt really matter, since I need to get rid of the innate toxin on the weapon anyways to get electric free, so cold, toxin or electric works on the riven, since I need to spend 3 slots on elements either way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Going back on Miter after obtaining it and playing with it for a while.

Miter is a really good acolyte killer and has a few QoL features like Neutralizing Justice and the fact that the incarnon explosions are homing. The incarnon is a bit annoying to charge but whenever an acolyte shows up a few shots witht the incarnon in its general direction are enough to take it out. I would recommend getting a riven for it as it has the highest disposition possible and rivens are really cheap.

What I liked:

Spoiler
  • Phenmor
  • Felarx
  • Praedos for its boost to parkour velocity
  • Latron
  • Boltor
  • Miter
  • Lato
  • Furis
  • Non-transformed Vasto
  • Atomos
  • Paris
  • Dual Toxocysts
  • Despair
  • Hate

What I hated

Spoiler
  • Onos
  • Vasto transformation

Never tried:

Spoiler
  • Braton
  • Gorgon
  • Soma
  • Kunai
  • Gammacor
  • Angstrum
  • Lex
  • Bronco
  • Boar
  • Strun
  • Burston
  • Zylok
  • Innodem
  • Furax
  • Ruvox
  • Skana
  • Anku
  • Bo
  • Magistar
  • Ceramic Dagger
  • Dual Ichor
  • Ack & Brunt
  • Nami Solo
  • Sibear
  • Dread

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-23 at 8:28 PM, Pakaku said:

What I liked:

Hide contents
  • Phenmor
  • Felarx
  • Praedos for its boost to parkour velocity
  • Latron
  • Boltor
  • Miter
  • Lato
  • Furis
  • Non-transformed Vasto
  • Atomos
  • Paris
  • Dual Toxocysts
  • Despair
  • Hate

What I hated

Hide contents
  • Onos
  • Vasto transformation

Never tried:

Hide contents
  • Braton
  • Gorgon
  • Soma
  • Kunai
  • Gammacor
  • Angstrum
  • Lex
  • Bronco
  • Boar
  • Strun
  • Burston
  • Zylok
  • Innodem
  • Furax
  • Ruvox
  • Skana
  • Anku
  • Bo
  • Magistar
  • Ceramic Dagger
  • Dual Ichor
  • Ack & Brunt
  • Nami Solo
  • Sibear
  • Dread

damn, i play too much, i've actually gone ahead and earned every single incarnon now, at least the ones you listed. 

some of my favs from those: ceramic dagger for triggering outburst for secondaries,
some with the augment for insane bleed ticks, one shotting stuff,

kunai for autoheadshots for tens of millions,
gammacor has a nice freezing grenade that holds enemies in place till it blows up,
angstrum is a rapid fire target seeking ricochet beast!
lex flat out one shots,
bronco... ah yes, the one that got away ^_-^
baor auto-targets, it's the lazy man's torid, v nice actually, good with ember for instance, instant viral priming for glaive throwing :D
strun... what everyone wishes felarx was.
burston... sheesh! Melts so hard, massive clip, build it with hunter munitions and viral, GG. 
Zylok, nice little pistol version of sancti tigris, massive slash proccs, also has eximus advantage augment, +600% weapon damage on landing a headshot on eximus, works nicely with Mesa, you use ballistic battery, headshot kill the eximus in one shot after swtching out of peacemakers, and then continue the carnage on the group :D 
innodem straight up the best dps combat dagger in the game, so cheap and easy to earn, crime not to have it. 
furax... i was underwhelmed, even though its slide attack has a cool animation and +400% damage multi
ruvox.. nice paralysis for 12 seconds on groups, has a niche, also inflicts status vulnerability 35% 
skana... actually good! Stacks up 12x combo insanely fast, decent damage, high riven dispo, underrated.
anku: wooof! wow, this thing gets both puncture AND guaranteed slash proccs for 6 seconds after just landing a single slide attack, meaning it does naaaasty damage on heavy tennokai 12x, talking 20 to 200 mil depending on frame + arcanes :O :O 
Bo: underwhelmed, haven't gone far with it, i'm sure there's a niche, 5/5 riven dispo
Magistar best stat stick for frames like khora, insane riven dispo, basic version has high crit stats than magistar, but magistar heals % based health which is a niche for inaros.
dual ichor + saryn... like sobek but melee... crazy.
ack & brunt... hmmmm, hard to make it good but you can use aerodynamic to rain axes from above! :D cool style, unique. 
nami solo: nutty little machete with 9meter range, heavy attack does 4 strike in one which is among the highest of any weapon, only keratinos does more (7 but it's not in carnon),
solod elite-deep with this one, easily, boss melted so fast to the heavy spam, crazy. 
Sibear: hmpf, little underwhelmed, does a good crowd control heavy slam, some really nice damage, but... somehow missing that extra special incarnon oompf that some weapons have.

dread: better version of paris in my opinion due to innate slash. 

also loved the onos and vasto, but only on certain frames: like gauss with onos for easy headshots, and kullervo for vasto to synergize with collective curse.

all the ones you said you like are pretty top tier, i'm sure you'll like both lex and innodem a lot  as well as strun.

I would link one of my vids with summary from each week, but someone complained about me doing stuff like that
that and a moderator took a heavy handed approach so i basically stay off the forums for now. 

Edited by helioth137