Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I've finally unlocked Zenurik completely, What's next?

Circle_of_Psi

Question

So I've finally unlocked Zenurik completely and unbounded, this took -forever- but I managed to do it, thanks to a combo of Steel Path stuff and a handful of Shards

Since Zenurik is going to be my main focus school, thanks to what it provides, the next schools that I will unlock will only focus on the Way-Bounds, so what do you think I should go for next and do you recommend any ideal places to Farm?

I'm thinking to unlock Last Grasp first but I am not sure

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Personally, i am a big Unairu fan. Its armour strip and shield strip aren't the best in the game, compared to some other tools, and I also personally tend to think armour stripping isn't as vital in most of the game, even Steel Path as some might, but there are certain single enemies that become way more convenient to face, if you do at least have one sort of armour strip available, like Steel Path Void Angels, Acolytes, so on. Means if you want, you don't have to care about armour stripping with the rest of your builds, if you are so inclined. 

Along those lines though, I think your playstyle and preferences matter too. Like if you main a Warframe that already has an armour strip, Unairu's will be less relevant. That being said I also think Last Gasp is great, especially for longer Endurance runs, especially if you are solo, especially since a lot of new content like Netracells punishes death big time and won't allow normal self revives. Having the armour strip and shield strip will also allow that as well. The other waybound makes you pretty tanky as well. 

Then again so are the Madurai Waybounds. In hindsight I might also not be the best person to answer, since I went pretty hard on all my focus schools, with lens (I played a lot of Disruption), Eidolons, and unlocked all my waybounds and focus schools nodes years and years ago. In general though I would say tailoring around your own play styles is a pretty good idea (if you are a big melee person, Naramon, if you want to have more offensive powers, especially some of your Operator tools, Madurai. Vazarin for some defensive healing options, Unairu for utility/defensiveness. 

Good luck. Plus remember to check you are using your lens on your favourite Incarnons or nukes (Lens seem to have become pretty common rewards in a lot of newer content. I have like so many, but since I am maxed out, I have nothing to slot them in). 

• Like 1

I personally love Vazarin instant revives. Amp damage buff on Madurai is also very nice for Angels and Thraxes for example. Unairu is basically a free Prime Sure Footed without wasting a mod slot. And Naramon is pumping up those combo counter numbers for you (I would actually recommend to unlock way-bounds on this one first because it increases Operator/Drifter movement speed and we all know being slow is pure torture lol).

Every school has some excellent tools/way-bounds, so there's no real wrong answer. Last Gasp is insanely useful, and in most situations makes you unkillable, so it's a good goal to shoot for 

Naramon's power spike is also top tier for melee, madurai has void strike for angels and eidolons, vazarin is chock full of supporty goodness.

I think if you get a few Lua lenses from bird 3, play some zariman and circuit, you might find yourself capping daily focus, and then unlocking the rest will come quicker. SP circuit especially is a really easy way to build focus with no lenses at all. Best part is that focus is an almost totally passive farm if you want it to be.

I'd say Varazin is the next focus school to work on, invuln, instant revives (great for cheater of death). Great for Hildryn and Lavos.

Farming, I'd say Cavia bounties is a great place to get the lens you need and then Ostron bounties if you want to upgrade to lua lens.

After Varazin, Maduri would be next for Eidolons or last grasp quick reviving. Might be worth it to level those perks up over Varizin if you are finding yourself dead too often and want a more passive focus school to work with but Zenurik takes the cake over Maduri in that department.

Naramon, might as well talk about it then. Other than its melee combo imo it isn't all that great.

Unanri, I have PSF and deal enough damage that I've never looked once at the armor strip. You have other ways of getting the benefits that this focus school would've provided. It just seems way too cumbersome when working with this focus school and trying to maximize it.

Edited by Numerounius

Late to this conversation, but anyway. 

I was similar to the OP, and decided to "main" Zenurik, the "what's next" question came up.  So if one plans on sticking to one focus school as "main", then the next logical step would be to unlock all the way bounds that will further make your operator (and by extension your warframe) stronger.  What order to do that depends on what you feel you need and was addressed by previous posts (more operator damage, durability, sling distance, etc. etc.).  This is essentially what I started to do.

Alternatively, one could start branching out unlocking all of other focus schools and creating load outs with entirely different focus schools in addition to warframe/weapon builds.  This is what I started to do after unlocking several waybounds.  Now I have load outs for when I need to be self-sufficient or when I'm playing support, when I want to quickly take out a void angel, etc...  The former approach solved a single problem (energy management), which was nice, but I now I'm enjoying being more effective in more game content.

And finally, you're never really done with one school, because you could always dump more focus into your "main" school and buy stuff from the max focus shop and turn your operator blue and get fancy badges and void shells for your operator.