Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Trading before and after Cross Save - and a solution

Edit: I guess I have to add this so I dont get a bunch of "Help popularize Cross Save..." NON SOLUTIONS. This is about the clunky, time wasting process after Cross Save. Being a Cross Save "advocate" ADDS time. Sitting there "teaching" 5-10 traders on a give ln day does NOT solve the waste of time, and I could care less about "the future". If thats your solution, pitch it to DE, not people who just want to play the game. Thus is about getting DE to look at how ridiculous the trade process is now, and perhaps they - THEY, NOT I - will address it. So before posting "solutions" that place the burden on US, please keep that in mind. Id like to play the game too.

Before Cross Save:

Buyer: WTB (Ammo Case) 5p

Me: Ok, bruh - inv. Or Ill inv.

Go to dojo or Maroo's Bazaar. Trade.

Me: Thx!

Buyer: Ty!

Trade process over.

After Cross Save:

Buyer: hi

Me: hi

Buyer: Ammo Case, Warframe Market, 5p.

Me: Umm - are you Cross Save?

Buyer: I think so...

Me: Well are you or arent you? You have to do it manually at the website so you should know if you did it.

Buyer: What platform are you?

Me: (Sensing question dodging) Why are you asking me that?

Buyer: I trade with Playstation all the time ..

Me: Look. That doesnt matter. Cross Save can only trade with Cross Save.

Buyer: Lets try...

Me: Try what??? I just told you how it works. There is nothing to "try"!

Buyer: Ok, I see.

15 minutes later...

Buyer: Ok, bruh. Inv me.

Me: Im at Fortuna about to go into a mission, but Ill leave to trade - so your Cross Save now?

Buyer: I trade with all kinds of people all the time...

Me: Thats not what I asked you.

Buyer: Yeah, Im Cross Save. 

Me: You did 2 Factor Authorization too?

Buyer: Yeah.

Me: Dont waste my time...

I leave Fortuna. Invite and we head to dojo. Running to the trade kiosk. Buyer leaves squad. I already sense bs, but lets go through the process and see what happens...

Me: Hey... where you going???

Buyer: Umm... it said I couldnt join.

Me: Oh, you mean it said we couldnt trade because of Cross Save mismatch, right.

Buyer: Why is it doing this??? I can trade with anybody else!

Me: Right now I could care less about that! You LIED and wasted my time! I already told you we couldn't trade and why! Instead of wasting my time, you could have Googled this! Goodbye!

Chat message: Buyer is now on ignore.

We shouldnt have to go through all this. DE should put into place, dialogue and interfaces so we dont ever have to interact on a trade level. Players should be ALL notified of the limitations. There could be identifiers if who is or isnt Cross Save, so we know AT FIRST MEET, whether the person is compatible... A simple solution, change the color of the system icon to a universal color identifying Cross Save players. So as soon as we get the "hi", or in trade chat - we can know that a person is compatible right away. Not so hard, is that?

Edited by magusat999
Clarifying spirit of post...

I get your frustration and I have run into the same issue frequently as well but it's easily solved by just walking people through activating cross save and being patient enough to wait for them to enable cross save.

I have more issue with people wanting to buy things they simply cannot use as their mastery level is too low or that they simply have not yet done the 2 Factor, I don't mind but sometimes I do feel like an unpaid helpdesk.

These days I simply make myself visible on the market maybe once a month or so for an hour and stay in my dojo other than that I simply don't bother with the trading at all unless I specifically want something I am too impatient to farm for myself.

15 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

I get your frustration and I have run into the same issue frequently as well but it's easily solved by just walking people through activating cross save and being patient enough to wait for them to enable cross save.

I addre

15 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

Sounds noble but in practice - no sir. Im a player, not a DE staffer. Its not our job to teach everyone we trade with how to trade and what Cross Save is! And definitely not to sit there and wait for them to go through the process.

Ive seen posts like this in another thread. As if we have all the time in the world to wait and tach people. I trade many times per day. Teaching people is DE's job, not mine abd not why I log on. Im not in these forums because Ive done it all, and now Im bored. Im here to discuss and learn. I am not about to become the Cross Save advocate you describe. My mission is to get better at playing, not wasting time teaching people how to Cross Save 

Your "advice" makes the core of what Im talking about in my post WORSE. The core is how time wasting it already is! Now your thinking its a good idea to add on more time? Give me your gamer ID if all you want to do is sell people on Cross Save, we can send all of them to you.

Hi, so I agree that it would be very helpful if DE made things a little more clearer.  What console players need to know is that they need to activate 2 factor twice.  While most have it activated once for their console account, they may not have it activated for their pc/cross-save account.  I know it's been stressed to activate 2 factor, but most console players think "oh, I already did that".  New cross-save console players, you need to activate 2 factor again for your second pc/cross-save account.

As for "identifiers", as a PC player, I think you may already have that.  Everyone in trade chat in game has cross-trade enabled and likely one 2 factor active.  If you only trade with other players that are marked as PC/Windows (not console) in trade chat, you should have the same efficiency you had before.  Good luck and good loot!

Edited by AriaBella8
updated "at least" to "likely"