Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some small features of one Warframe that you'd add onto another?

Zahnrad

When I say this I don't mean something huge like "Give X the same armor strip as Y" but something smaller, like a Quality of Life tweak or etc.

For example, with the Inaros rework, Inaros now uses the same Armor icon for Scarab Shell that Wukong uses for Defy.

Smaller changes that for one reason or another, may have been added to a newer frame, but an older frame, or a frame in general that could benefit from it lacks.

I'm not a big fan of Saryn but I played her a few times thanks to Duviri, and found out that her Infection shows up on the map by turning the Red enemy icons Green to show they are effected.

Obviously this won't be gameplay changing, but I'd like if this sort of thing was added to Banshee for her Sonar. I mean, Sonar is often used as a sort of vision by submarines and even certain animals. So I don't think it'd be too strange for Banshee to see the locations of all enemies she has tagged with Sonar.

Though...I don't think Green would be a good appearance for them on the map.

• Like 1

More for a mechanic, I wish shield gate triggers had a clear indicator like Overshield gate triggers. Sometimes I derp out and don't realise my shields got depleted.

Edit: I also wish Chroma had Lavos' element selection system, it offers better control over your choices

Edited by WindShadow970
  • Like 1

I would give Mag any other passive, even the ones that players widely consider worthless.  Rhino's slam, Valkyr's immunity to falls, Loki's lengthy wall cling...any of them would be better than the nothing she has now.

• Like 2

Just now, UnstarPrime said:

I would give Mag any other passive, even the ones that players widely consider worthless.  Rhino's slam, Valkyr's immunity to falls, Loki's lengthy wall cling...any of them would be better than the nothing she has now.

Apparently Mag's passive has been broken for months, maybe years and hasn't been fixed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

When I say this I don't mean something huge like "Give X the same armor strip as Y" but something smaller, like a Quality of Life tweak or etc.

For example, with the Inaros rework, Inaros now uses the same Armor icon for Scarab Shell that Wukong uses for Defy.

Smaller changes that for one reason or another, may have been added to a newer frame, but an older frame, or a frame in general that could benefit from it lacks.

I'm not a big fan of Saryn but I played her a few times thanks to Duviri, and found out that her Infection shows up on the map by turning the Red enemy icons Green to show they are effected.

Obviously this won't be gameplay changing, but I'd like if this sort of thing was added to Banshee for her Sonar. I mean, Sonar is often used as a sort of vision by submarines and even certain animals. So I don't think it'd be too strange for Banshee to see the locations of all enemies she has tagged with Sonar.

Though...I don't think Green would be a good appearance for them on the map.

I wish Gara’s custom UI for splinter armor damage could also have a duration bar ticking down, like Kullervo’s custom melee combo display. 

But honestly, even with that change, I still wouldn’t play her. She would need a damage storing mechanism for her 2 so that it could persist (either fully or partially) in case it lapses.  She would also need to ditch the stat stick and get a proper exalted. Maybe then I would use her. 

• Like 2

One thing that still really impress me is the navigating tech of the Shadow from Sevagoth's Reap. For those that don't know, this Shadow (once launched in a direction) has a fairly unique ability to navigate in the environment and is able to circuvent obstacles along its way quite effectively.

I always though that this tech would be very beneficial for many other things in Warframe. For example, a lot of grouping abilities do have problems with environment, and enemies ending stuck in various elements are fairly common. If these abilities could enjoy this tech so that affected enemies can more easily find their way toward the position they are intented to end up, it would make them a lot less frustrating to use.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I imagine if DE just increased the vacuum range she got from Mods, but made it more so loot very slowly got dragged to her over time you could keep it. 

I would still personally prefer a Magnetic damage buff she gets for every ability she activates that lasts for a few seconds instead, as I do find it weird the Magnetic Warframe doesn't have the ability to deal Magnetic with her weapons. Maybe tie that to her 2's secondary mode?

Edited by Greysmog

59 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

One thing that still really impress me is the navigating tech of the Shadow from Sevagoth's Reap. For those that don't know, this Shadow (once launched in a direction) has a fairly unique ability to navigate in the environment and is able to circuvent obstacles along its way quite effectively.

I always though that this tech would be very beneficial for many other things in Warframe. For example, a lot of grouping abilities do have problems with environment, and enemies ending stuck in various elements are fairly common. If these abilities could enjoy this tech so that affected enemies can more easily find their way toward the position they are intented to end up, it would make them a lot less frustrating to use.

This made me think of another request.  I would like whichever frame has the most stringent line of sight requirements in their abilities to have that check put on Vauban’s vortex. Yes, this would be a massive buff for Vauban. 

• Like 1

The little jump Protea does when you cast her grenades? Yeah I'd add something like that to quite a few abilities. Zephyr's airburst when cast mid-air for example, or Excal's radial javelin. 

I'd also like to see at least 1 frame use the operator slide as a dodge animation.

If I recall this isn't actually a part of any frame at the moment, but I feel like it fits the vibe: I want any frame with a meaningful timed buff to have the time left on that buff be part of the special UI for that buff.

For example, with Gara, I find it difficult to keep her Splinter Storm up because the timer gets lost in the dozens of buff icons swimming around the top of my screen.  Since that 90% DR is something I'm really depending on for survival (not to mention that I lose all the accumulated damage if it ever drops) it would be great if the timer associated with my personal Splinter Storm was front-and-center as part of the special Splinter Storm UI.

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

For example, with Gara, I find it difficult to keep her Splinter Storm up because the timer gets lost in the dozens of buff icons swimming around the top of my screen.  Since that 90% DR is something I'm really depending on for survival (not to mention that I lose all the accumulated damage if it ever drops) it would be great if the timer associated with my personal Splinter Storm was front-and-center as part of the special Splinter Storm UI.

I can relate to this with Xaku. Get a perfect cast of Grasp of Lohk with temporary strength buffs, then I forget about maintaining their Vast Untime and before I realise it, Grasp of Lohk is on low duration or expires.

Also fun fact: Casting Speed works well on Xaku, the faster casting speed of Vast Untime means less duration is lost every time you refresh Vast Untime.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Also fun fact: Casting Speed works well on Xaku, the faster casting speed of Vast Untime means less duration is lost every time you refresh Vast Untime.

Actually a superb tip, and I can't believe I haven't thrown some yellows on them already. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

If I recall this isn't actually a part of any frame at the moment, but I feel like it fits the vibe: I want any frame with a meaningful timed buff to have the time left on that buff be part of the special UI for that buff.

Absolutely this. Chroma's vex armor, gyre's 3 (or 4), maybe even pageflight or wordworden

Rhino not losing Overguard in a nullifier bubble or jumping off the map or switching instance in ESO would be very nice. Like Kullervo, Styanax, Dante, Frost and any other overguard frame.

Edited by Godlysparta
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Godlysparta said:

Rhino not losing Overguard in a nullifier bubble or jumping off the map or switching instance in ESO would be very nice. Like Kullervo, Styanax, Dante, Frost and any other overguard frame.

Originally I thought it was cool to make Iron Skin display as Overguard, but now that we have Warframes that can apply Overguard to other frames, I feel like it might have been a mistake now. I haven't personally tested or etc, but I feel like Iron Skin and Overguard both being classified as Overguard might cause problems.

Though I can't say I'm against making Iron Skin invulnerable to Nullifiers though. Always wished that Nullifier bubbles would do a "slow burn" effect on your abilities rather than just an instant dispel.

e.g. Iron Skin, Warding Halo or similar would quickly lose health at a rapid pace, duration abilities would also lose duration at a rapid pace instead of instantly. It wouldn't fix Limbo, but at least he'd still have some effectiveness in Corpus/Corrupted missions