The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason for different time for Opertor to/frame frame AND Drifter to/from frame?

quxier

Question

Posted (edited)

When in Duviri's cave, after picking frame changing from/to drifter is instant. I can basically spam the key and see changes.

However Operator version is much slower. Is there a reason fro that? Like both have some abilities, cosmetics so there shouldn't be huge difference.

Edit (7-5-2024):

Here is 2 movies ("eye" icon to watch, next icon to download; I'm not good at this):

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20240507RBnStdO8

Edited by quxier
add movie link

7 answers to this question

Do you mean in the Orbiter? Probably because it's not the same mechanic as it is in missions, same as how  you can't bullet jump. I'm guessing there's some loading issues/optimisation weirdness going on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Do you mean in the Orbiter?

No, Duviri Cave. You go Navigation, click top right corner "duviri" (next to railjack). 3 selections appear (circuit, and 2 with and without optional objectives). Then you load into Cave where Teshin is. You can select from 5 frames (at max Duviri intrinstic, afair). Select weapons. You can change Drifter melee etc. That place.

Edited by quxier

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

some loading issues/optimisation weirdness going on.

I think its optimization.  The cave puts all players in a static environment where in mission the jump to operator mode is maybe more dependent upon the session the host p2p latency etc. To be honest I never really paid attention and I use scroll wheel to jump in and out of operator mode and it feels instant regardless of where I am in the game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, quxier said:

No, Duviri Cave. You go Navigation, click top right corner "duviri" (next to railjack). 3 selections appear (circuit, and 2 with and without optional objectives). Then you load into Cave where Teshin is. You can select from 5 frames (at max Duviri intrinstic, afair). Select weapons. You can change Drifter melee etc. That place.

What's throwing me here is your reference to the Operator. You can't see the Operator at all in the duviri caves?

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:
15 hours ago, quxier said:

What's throwing me here is your reference to the Operator. You can't see the Operator at all in the duviri caves?

Yes, you cannot change into Operator in Duviri Cave.

I mean 2 cases:

1) For Drifter it's in the Duviri Cave - changing from/to Drifter after selecting frame. I'm not sure if you can change more than once from/to Drifter.

2) For Operator I mean most mission where you can change from/to Operator. For Example go to Fobos and Assassinate the Boss.

And there is another thing that may confuse you. You can select Drifter or Operator in the Orbiter (press 5 on pc, and click handshake icon). This doesn't seems to affect speed in visible way.

Here is 2 movies ("eye" icon to watch, next icon to download; I'm not good at this):

My guess is that Duviri Cave counts as a missionn, while the place where you tested operator is a player hub (Dormizone?). In mission there is max of 4 players and its hosted by the chosen player. Hub is hosted by DE server and has far bigger limit than players. Also Duviri Cave has pretty limited assets to load (entering portal gives you loadinng screen), so it may be much quicker with animations than any other place.

I can test in mission with Drifter as I have chosen him as my main, but I think it is much slower than Duviri Cave.

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yes, you cannot change into Operator in Duviri Cave.

I mean 2 cases:

1) For Drifter it's in the Duviri Cave - changing from/to Drifter after selecting frame. I'm not sure if you can change more than once from/to Drifter.

2) For Operator I mean most mission where you can change from/to Operator. For Example go to Fobos and Assassinate the Boss.

And there is another thing that may confuse you. You can select Drifter or Operator in the Orbiter (press 5 on pc, and click handshake icon). This doesn't seems to affect speed in visible way.

RIGHT! I get it now, thanks!

My guess in that case is probably balancing. Melee Transference is nearly as fast, and transferring into the operator is nearly-instant so it's probably an intentional decision on DE's part to have transferring back not be instant. As for why they made that decision, I can't guess. Maybe to limit Operator stealth? But it's not like one of the biggest applications of Void Mode (reviving other players) isn't already a thing.