The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Oberon feel so slow?

I have an Oberon Prime with 1.3 (rush) sprint speed and it feels so slow. Even with the infested mobility ability at (currently 124%) str he still feels sluggish and I have to use growing power then the ability to finally feel some speed from him (I'm not sure if the 124 is my "base" of it's already affected with Growing Power rn.

In any case, is this just me who feels like this? I feel like 1.3 sprint speed should be fast enough that I shouldn't be complaining but he just feels so sluggish for some reason.

Posted (edited)

Every frame without massive speed boost is slow if you just going to sprint. Waeve in other velocity/parkour movements (roll, slide, bullet jump, air kick) and it goes much faster.

My Loki, even though built for speed with 1,25 base 15% sprint boost aura, rush 30% and 12% speed drift alonng with Amalgam Serration (it works even if your current weapon isnt primary). resulting in over 2 sprint speed only gets seriously speedy after Runtime procs (15s of +75% sprint after hacking). I use him for kuva spy because it is a f running simulator.

Also, are you sure you are actually sprinting?

Edited by Zakkhar

Probably his animation sets that makes him look so slow rather than quick. Also, having a base sprint speed of 1 means it isn't going to benefit as much with increases from that compared to the ones that have 1.1 or higher.

Its the hooves. Evolutionary disadvantage. Cheetahs don't have hooves. Peregrine Falcon doesn't have hooves. 

I'm sorry to say this, but Oberon is a Prey animal. In the wild, Alpha frames like Volt, Titania, Gauss, would see Oberon as just an easy meal. They are Predators. You can tell, because of where their eyes are, always hunting and searching for weaker, slower animals... like Oberon. 

Its like the wise humanitarian Vince McMahon said, "its human nature to want to eat someone in a wheelchair" and that my friend, is Oberon. Its a primal instinct that Oberon just can't escape from. If you want to go fast, you have to pick a pure breed Alpha stallion, like Infested Mobility High Power Strength Molt Saryn, or Titania with Razor Wing Blitz. Kings of the Jungle they are. When I think about them, I imagine they have eaten a lot of wheelchairs. Always my first thought. That and cattle. 

• Like 1

Because he is actually just slow. Chroma, Excal, Rhino and most others have 1.55 Sprint Speed or more with Rush.
It doesn't help that he's still using older cast animation methods.

Personally Loki, Arcane helm Rhino and Nova are a sweet spot for me 1.8-1.9.