The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Simaris currency so pricey

Heatedhawk99

This is my first post so I hope this works and please bare with me. I was looking at Simaris' items that he offers and its great we can get the weapons back, but for a 100k standing seems too steep. Also the way some of the companion augment mods are 75k-100k standing too is ridiculous. If this game wasn't meant to be grindy then an item we want shouldn't cost an arm and a leg for a single MOD. I hope someone sees this and would at least look into this again! This isn't to bash anyone but to start the conversation again for pricing on standing based items.

Posted (edited)

In this game, you only need to buy 1 mod and it will last you forever for every item you want to put it in. Or you can sell it to someone to so that they can use it forever. 

Farming Simaris rep is dirt easy. Grab daily from central console, as well as additional tasks from left console.

Bring a stealth frame and stealth scan everything. Depending on the level and difficulty you get up to 300 rep per 1 normal mob scan and 2,5k per special target (always). You can get daily capped in mere minutes

I dunno man, I have to constatly dump his rep on mods because I keep getting capped when NW task asks me to do his daily. Must have about 10 of each auguments by now. I once even dumped all my rep into Naramon Transmute Cores (i do not transmute at all).

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Heatedhawk99:

This is my first post so I hope this works and please bare with me. I was looking at Simaris' items that he offers and its great we can get the weapons back, but for a 100k standing seems too steep. Also the way some of the companion augment mods are 75k-100k standing too is ridiculous. If this game wasn't meant to be grindy then an item we want shouldn't cost an arm and a leg for a single MOD. I hope someone sees this and would at least look into this again! This isn't to bash anyone but to start the conversation again for pricing on standing based items.

Yes. extremely high. Even leg4 account takes about 3 days. So there is a lot of room for improvement here!

Posted (edited)

The standing grinds are pretty ridiculous. It's just something you have to slowly accumulate over time.
They cut the cost of getting duplicate quest warframes from him down quite a lot from what they used to be due to needing to get duplicates of them for helminth.
As for weapons just... get into a habit of not selling weapons you need to buy from him to get back. or most other difficult or time consuming to obtain weapons for that matter.

IIRC the standing reward for completing the daily quest doesn't count towards your daily standing cap.

The most efficient way I've found to farm his standing is to get his daily quest, grab a frame with invisibility and go stealth scanning while you also go after the synthesis targets. Steel path speeds this up a lot because the standing gained from both randomly scanning stuff, and the synthesis targets, scale off enemy level.

Edited by PollexMessier

Posted (edited)

I agree with the OP. I never understood why this B-side NPC is the worst grind for no reason. Somebody please put him in his place and at least half the requirements or disable the daily limit. I dont even scan/do dailies for him because every time I spend hours farming him, he just gives me like 1 mod or companion riven (1 for how many copanions? Good luck.) or whatever and all of that time is suddenly wasted again, Im not subjecting myself to his BS anymore. The only exception being Nighwave that I just cheese by doing Ceres void fissure missions where people keep bringing simaris targets for some reason lmao. For normal syndicates you just play the game normally and bang, here is your 15-plat-worth mod or relic pack or something. Seriously, fix the damn simaris.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Cephalon Simaris currency is not pricey

Why ? You don't use the good method which involve NO Killing spree.

How ? Go Solo, Long duration invisibility, High level / SP Capture or Rescue, never rise the alarms ie attack. Simaris scan.

Example : Loki, Invisibility 300% duration, 344 per enemies scan x 50 scan = 17 200 pts. Daily 30k achievable in less than 90 scans.

With 30k per day, you get 210k per week max

Question to @Heatedhawk99 : Does a 100k cost with 210k per week feel so hard ? Or Are you complaining to not gain points by just "KILLING STUFF" !?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

Cephalon Simaris currency is not pricey

Why ? You don't use the good method which involve NO Killing spree.

How ? Go Solo, Long duration invisibility, High level / SP Capture or Rescue, never rise the alarms ie attack. Simaris scan.

Example : Loki, Invisibility 300% duration, 344 per enemies scan x 50 scan = 17 200 pts. Daily 30k achievable in less than 90 scans.

With 30k per day, you get 210k per week max

Question to @Heatedhawk99 : Does a 100k cost with 210k per week feel so hard ? Or Are you complaining to not gain points by just "KILLING STUFF" !?

First of all, like I already said, cephalon simaris is way ovepriced compared to other syndicates. You have to literally do the opposite of progress, the opposite of mission objective to get the standing AND you have to endure the boring long part of going around the map scanning random enemies until they start recycling themselves. And guess what, even if you put all this work in it, you only get 30k per day, so tough luck. Also let me say you were absolutely rude to the OP and that Im personally offended by your horrendous color coding in your posts just as much as your font. Do you really need to use 3 font styles and 5 colors only to flame someone? I think not. Its even more ridiculous than your other posts where it seems at least partially justified.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet. Steel Path doubles the standing gained from daily task scans. This means you should be at least half way your daily standing cap just doing the daily tasks. The worst daily tasks should get you around 9k standing in mission (scanning the target). In addition these tasks grant 5k-10k standing outside of the cap.

Edited by Quimoth
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet. Steel Path doubles the standing gained from daily task scans. This means you should be at least half way your daily standing cap just doing the daily tasks. The worst daily tasks should get you around 9k standing in mission (scanning the target). In addition these tasks grant 2500-10k standing outside of the cap.

This is actually a good point. Might ease the suffering a lot for whoever hasnt given up yet. Especially when sharing targets.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

3 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

First of all, like I already said, cephalon simaris is way ovepriced compared to other syndicates. You have to literally do the opposite of progress, the opposite of mission objective to get the standing AND you have to endure the boring long part of going around the map scanning random enemies until they start recycling themselves. And guess what, even if you put all this work in it, you only get 30k per day, so tough luck. Also let me say you were absolutely rude to the OP and that Im personally offended by your horrendous color coding in your posts just as much as your font. do you really need to use 3 font sizes and 5 colors only to flame someone? I think not.

Except it is not even 30k. its 16k + 500 * mastery rank + 5-10k each day

Posted (edited)

"pricey" but extremely easy to get.

You can just stealth scan on kuva fortress exterminate at the end of the mission where extraction is.

Is there a good reason for them to be that expensive? No not really, but something that takes a week or two to get, after you've assumedly deleted the item you're trying to buy back from simaris, is nothing new to this game

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

You can just stealth scan on kuva fortress exterminate at the end of the mission where extraction is.

Is there a good reason for them to be that expensive? No not really, but something that takes a week or two to get, after you've assumedly deleted the item you're trying to buy back from simaris, is nothing new to this game

This is partially true I accidentally deleted Azima but also wanting the companion mods. This will be helpful and appreciate the feedback for steelpath and such. But yeah it is just the fact they are priced sorta high compared to other syndicates like suda or even Solaris United.

7 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

First of all, like I already said, cephalon simaris is way ovepriced compared to other syndicates. You have to literally do the opposite of progress, the opposite of mission objective to get the standing AND you have to endure the boring long part of going around the map scanning random enemies until they start recycling themselves. And guess what, even if you put all this work in it, you only get 30k per day, so tough luck. Also let me say you were absolutely rude to the OP and that Im personally offended by your horrendous color coding in your posts just as much as your font. Do you really need to use 3 font styles and 5 colors only to flame someone? I think not. Its even more ridiculous than your other posts where it seems at least partially justified.

I appreciate the support it was never my intention to argue or anything just to have a conversation on syndicate pricing. The feedback you gave is really helpful. I guess some are nice and some are rude what can you do?

• Like 1

If you have your archwing launcher you can scan with no worries, mission limits, turret fire, or energy cost at all. Fly high up in an open map (Orb Vallis works best IMHO) and scan things from the air. If you're high enemies won't see you and you can just fly to the next base  to refresh with new unscanned enemies. Going to the outside edges of the map increases their level and value.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Mr.Holyroller:

Definitely not easy. Because you get the usual reputation when playing for the normal factions. However, here I have to leech and scan enemies! So absolutely not okay.

Solution could be that like for operator skills there is an item for the weapons, warframe etc. and when I kill the target is scanned and I get reputation!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

However, here I have to leech

You do not have to leech at all. You can play solo. You can scan stuff while giving buffs/utility and occasionally meleeing somethinng (quick melee doesnt remove your scanning, if you scan, melee and scan again you do not have to requip the scannner). You can hunt daily simaris target in public missions (and players within 500 meters of your capture get the shared benefit). You can use Oxylus to scan plants passively, you can use Helios to scan incomplete Codex scans passively. 

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Zakkhar:

You do not have to leech at all. You can play solo. You can scan stuff while giving buffs/utility and occasionally meleeing somethinng (quick melee doesnt remove your scanning, if you scan, melee and scan again you do not have to requip the scannner). You can hunt daily simaris target in public missions (and players within 500 meters of your capture get the shared benefit). You can use Oxylus to scan plants passively, you can use Helios to scan incomplete Codex scans passively. 

I think you also mean solo stealth warframes. it's possible and worth it.
I just want to continue playing in public. Solo is unacceptable for me in a multiplayer game

13 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I just want to continue playing in public. Solo is unacceptable for me in a multiplayer game

You can play capture/rescue fissures where a contribution of getting 10 reactant and getting to extraction in timely manner is sufficient. You can play interception, where killing anything is not required and as long as your point is not being hacked you can scan away (preferably have some kind of immobilisation/cc for enemies). You can just bring massive power stacked Rhino to a mission and scan stuff while you level up your gear and provide massive damage multiplier to your whole team or any other utility frame that has zero maintenance eg. wisp). You can run assasinations and do some free scanning of mobs on the way to boss - nobody expects you to kill them - and then a boss itself.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Zakkhar:

You can play capture/rescue fissures where a contribution of getting 10 reactant and getting to extraction in timely manner is sufficient. You can play interception, where killing anything is not required and as long as your point is not being hacked you can scan away (preferably have some kind of immobilisation/cc for enemies). You can just bring massive power stacked Rhino to a mission and scan stuff while you level up your gear and provide massive damage multiplier to your whole team or any other utility frame that has zero maintenance eg. wisp). You can run assasinations and do some free scanning of mobs on the way to boss - nobody expects you to kill them - and then a boss itself.

So the possibilities are already there. and as a scanner I would definitely use something like wisp so that the group benefits from me.
But here it's about something completely different. because instead of scanning, I could also do damage and the mission would end sooner.

Or another example: in bounties there were people who collected ores or even fished. and that while the bountie obj someone did.

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

So the possibilities are already there. and as a scanner I would definitely use something like wisp so that the group benefits from me.
But here it's about something completely different. because instead of scanning, I could also do damage and the mission would end sooner.

Or another example: in bounties there were people who collected ores or even fished. and that while the bountie obj someone did.

Zakkhar gave a really good summary, rhino adds damage to group play, he can overguard so you can stand and tank to get up to enemies and scan away, why would you want to end quicker if you are trying to scan as much as possible, what you said is just counter productive.

16 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I specifically named scenarios where your damage is irrelevant to the mission completion time.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

why would you want to end quicker if you are trying to scan as much as possible, what you said is just counter productive.

I think he means the group interest, not his own.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

think he means the group interest, not his own.

I kinda of guessed that, but the fact remains as you said you want to get as much scanning gain as possible you don’t want the mission to end super quick hence rhino being a decent idea, wisp would he straight overkill for this scenario and they use the Word “group” 

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Definitely not easy. Because you get the usual reputation when playing for the normal factions. However, here I have to leech and scan enemies! So absolutely not okay.

Solution could be that like for operator skills there is an item for the weapons, warframe etc. and when I kill the target is scanned and I get reputation!

what are you even talking about? 
its one of the most braindead syndicates to get standing for

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Mr.Holyroller:

what are you even talking about? 
its one of the most braindead syndicates to get standing for

I think the term “braindead” is completely wrong. Because what IQ do you need for the reputation of other factions?....
Here you are trying to talk about the whole thing in a very aggressive, ugly way, even though it's about the same approach...

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

I think the term “braindead” is completely wrong. Because what IQ do you need for the reputation of other factions?....
Here you are trying to talk about the whole thing in a very aggressive, ugly way, even though it's about the same approach...

You scan enemies. its really fast in kuva exterminate.
What's complicated about that?
How do you have 5.3k comments on the forums but you dont understand some of the basics of the game