Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat

[DE]Glen

The only solution i can see is to rework the network code so that we don't need to use port forwarding or any fiddling with equipment among many other things- like every other online game out there.

Actually the most elegant solution would be the one mentioned time and time again. 

DE changes over to dedicated servers - host a few official ones (they've got more than enough of our money for it) - and make private servers available for hire/purchase. This Peer 2 Peer stuff just isn't cutting it anymore, it was fine when we were in closed beta, and there was only 1000 of us. 

Actually the most elegant solution would be the one mentioned time and time again. 

DE changes over to dedicated servers - host a few official ones (they've got more than enough of our money for it) - and make private servers available for hire/purchase. This Peer 2 Peer stuff just isn't cutting it anymore, it was fine when we were in closed beta, and there was only 1000 of us. 

i am in for any solution that requires me to not fiddle with anything on my end and just enjoy.

Is there a list of routers that work maybe?

I tried all the things I found in the forums but nothing works...

Upnp on

NAT has only the on or off setting

port forwarding

firewall off both in PC and router

DMZ

I can usually not see anyone in my contact list though they are in the general chat

If I see someone online I can't join them or get invited...

Please fix this because already all my real life friends have quit because of that...

I'd like to add what worked for me.

I was plagued by the Strict NAT, despite every effort to forward my router. I used PF PortChecker and it would tell me my ports were forwarded, but when I logged in to Warframe, there again would be the NAT error.

In a last ditch measure I gained access to my modem and forwarded the necessary ports there as well. Lo and behold, victory, All Systems Nominal.

If your router is forwarded and you know that it's right and Warframe still does not respond favorably, try forwarding your modem as well.

A suggestion to those having issues:

Try plugging your computer DIRECTLY into the modem. Also try running the program as "admin" (by right clicking on the launcher).

If it works after directly plugging into the modem than the problem is your router. It may be old, have old firmware, may not support UPnP, may not have NAT filtering options.

If this is the problem it's time for a new router. I personally like the higher end d-link (esp with the gigabit ports) as they have a TON of options including application level port forwarding (the ports are forwarded for ALL computers in the house) as well as traditional port forwarding.

good lord, please don't recommend people do this.

this is a recipe for a compromised windows machine. QUICKLY.

Along with the Strict NAT, is there any possible hope that the desyncing will be fixed as well? Not sure if it's related with the NAT or not but there's something that happened after U9 with enemies that causes some of us to have odd desync issues and ONLY if enemies are around.

No this isn't a performance issue with our computers or net as all other programs work fine and as intended without lag, desync, etc... two steam posts about this issue also corroborate with this issue as well

First Info Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/2/864978110035930683/

Second Info Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/2/864971660893830761/

I myself used to be PERFECTLY fine no issues at all hosting & joining until U9 rolled around. Then the desync sent the game straight to hell. I even sent a ticket about this, and was given a basic port forward response, which I followed anyway, despite it not being the fix. It did nothing.

I know DE is busy and such but this is breaking the game for quite a number of people that I've seen around steam and around these forums. Something happened to the spawn/mobs code since it only seems to occur around enemies. Hopefully we can see a fix for this.

I have basically quit the game till this is fixed and so have my friends. An entire clan I'm buddies with as well along with my own keep askin and helping me test on occasions hoping we get a different result but it never changes...Any response or insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated DE.

Edited by Nighthawk2088

page mother effing 17 and still no reply from DE. Good job and well done DE. Nothing beats a good customer service like the one u have provided with immense silence. It might not mean much to u DE but i FU*KING QUIT till u fix this SH*T.

kinda sad that this problem still exists after so much time past

i have the same problem with a friend of mine we can´t see each other and if we are lucky to see each other we can´t join the session of each other,

but chatting is perfectly fine and i dont have any bug playing with people i dont have in friends list 

my router is forwarding everything just fine but i guess Warframe won´t accept it XD (and PLS dont tell me my router is too old, because all other games are working too and i have private servers on my Pc running WITH port forward) before u guys tell others to buy a new router u should ask yourself WHY they need a new router for YOUR Game.

I can remember Payday 2 having a similar problem (problem with friends joining sessions) but they were able to fix don´t know how, but if u guys can not solve it u should search for games that had the same problem and look how they fixed it

So in the end i hope u guys find a fix soon and till then, the community does what the community does best RAGE !(jk) ;-)

Just wondering if I've set up my ports correctly. Its an Engenius ESR600H.

http://puu.sh/55nrJ.PNG

Your forwards appear correct.

Also, ports 80 and 443 are not required by Warframe and shouldn't be forwarded unless you're running a web server.

no, type should be UDP not both

Both means TCP and UDP which includes UDP. Forwarding both protocols is not wrong.

Thank you both :) Though I'm getting a Strict NAT problem even if those two are forwarded think you guys can help me alittle more?

By "Strict NAT problem," do you mean the game is telling you that you have a Strict NAT? Or are you inferring this from some other behavior?

Also, this appears to be a standalone router. Do you have a separate modem provided by your ISP? If you do and if it's configured in routing mode then you may need to forward ports there as well.

By "Strict NAT problem," do you mean the game is telling you that you have a Strict NAT? Or are you inferring this from some other behavior?

Also, this appears to be a standalone router. Do you have a separate modem provided by your ISP? If you do and if it's configured in routing mode then you may need to forward ports there as well.

Game telling me that I have a Strict NAT. It never occurred to me that I should have forwarded my other modem. Anyway, just changed it and I finally got rid of the message. Thanks alot man. Means alot to me. :)

Game telling me that I have a Strict NAT. It never occurred to me that I should have forwarded my other modem. Anyway, just changed it and I finally got rid of the message. Thanks alot man. Means alot to me. :)

Glad it worked!

Prease, I beg you, help me!

Cisco Linksys E1200

ISP: Suddenlink 

Router Settings:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/181830724/router-settings-pdf

Ive done all combinations of turning on/off uPnP

This really blows. Maybe recruit someone who knows how to deal with these sort of issues?

The E1200 is a router only model, so I'm assuming you have a modem as well. Further, the E1200 is getting its IP by DHCP from the modem so I'm assuming a double-NAT scenario.

You need to forward the ports in the modem as well.

The E1200 is a router only model, so I'm assuming you have a modem as well. Further, the E1200 is getting its IP by DHCP from the modem so I'm assuming a double-NAT scenario.

You need to forward the ports in the modem as well.

No I dont have a separate modem. I just the Ethernet cable to router then plug another Ethernet cable from the router to pc

No I dont have a separate modem. I just the Ethernet cable to router then plug another Ethernet cable from the router to pc

So, the router has a cable to the computer and a cable to the...? No other box, you're wired with ethernet straight into the wall?

Is this a university or corporate network? You're boned in those cases as any IT department worth its salt won't allow upnp or port forwards.

EDIT: You previously said your ISP is suddenlink which appears to be a cable internet provider. You should have a piece of equipment on the premises that has plugs for both ethernet and a coaxial cable. That would be the modem.

Edited by Raelus

So, the router has a cable to the computer and a cable to the...? No other box, you're wired with ethernet straight into the wall?

Is this a university or corporate network? You're boned in those cases as any IT department worth its salt won't allow upnp or port forwards.

EDIT: You previously said your ISP is suddenlink which appears to be a cable internet provider. You should have a piece of equipment on the premises that has plugs for both ethernet and a coaxial cable. That would be the modem.

I guess i am boned. Its an apartment and they are given service from suddenlink. I guess ill just wait till i move. maybe i might still want to play then

I guess i am boned. Its an apartment and they are given service from suddenlink. I guess ill just wait till i move. maybe i might still want to play then

Ah hah! An apartment network. Shared among all tenants I am guessing?

Odds are, your landlord (or building manager) has access to the modem. If you're on good terms with him/her, you can politely ask them to forward the Warframe ports to your router. You can then use your router to forward those same ports to your PC.

Your other options include subscribing to a VPN service (not free) to tunnel out and get access to a public IP or getting service from a source other than what's provided to the apartment by default.

Otherwise, no amount of button pressing or configuration is going to fix it for you. Sorry.

Ah hah! An apartment network. Shared among all tenants I am guessing?

Odds are, your landlord (or building manager) has access to the modem. If you're on good terms with him/her, you can politely ask them to forward the Warframe ports to your router. You can then use your router to forward those same ports to your PC.

Your other options include subscribing to a VPN service (not free) to tunnel out and get access to a public IP or getting service from a source other than what's provided to the apartment by default.

Otherwise, no amount of button pressing or configuration is going to fix it for you. Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying.