The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It would be cool to equip melee combo duration mods on exilus

Amador0102

Hello everyone, first time making one of these. I thought of a good idea to equip melee combo duration mods on Exilus. It would save us from equipping naramon or dexterity arcanes for us to make combo builds feasible. IDK,  I think it's a good idea.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Let's talk real here. Some bit of combo duration shall be made baseline

IMHO combos should have innate (built in) heavy efficiency and combo drain per second. Some not great values that you can increase via mods, schools etc Just so your e.g. 220 combo doesn't disappear after 5 seconds. That's ridiculous.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
hace 1 hora, quxier dijo:

220 combo doesn't disappear after 5 seconds. That's ridiculous.

That S#&$ is what makes Naramon mandatory if you want to play with melee. It makes the whole system untenable if you aren't using Naramon or you aren't wasting all your dmg with MULTIPLE +combo duration mods.

Imagine that other schools were equally mandatory to make their fields works in-game... I prefer that tenno schools remain as a buff, not as a game-changer.

Edited by Gaxxian
Typo

I would appreciate if we had a mod or an Arcane that freezes the combo duration, similarly to what some Tenet weapons and Xoris do. Also, I would appreciate to be able to see our combo and duration when we have a different weapon equipped. Basically what Kullervo does.

Still, I hate to have my RATATATATA interrupted by mandatory SLASH SMACK STAB to avoid losing my funny red numbers, so the ability to freeze the combo duration would be amazing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:
2 hours ago, quxier said:

220 combo doesn't disappear after 5 seconds. That's ridiculous.

That S#&$ is what makes Naramon mandatory if you want to play with melee. It makes the whole system untenable if you aren't using Naramon or you aren't wasting all your dmg with MULTIPLE +combo duration mods.

Or you don't constantly hit enemies to keep your combo up. That's especially case with incarnon weapons. Guns have it available all the time after you acquire it (do a headshot). With melee you need do 3/6 combo, heavy attack and keep using it... because it has timer.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I would appreciate if we had a mod or an Arcane that freezes the combo duration, similarly to what some Tenet weapons and Xoris do. Also, I would appreciate to be able to see our combo and duration when we have a different weapon equipped. Basically what Kullervo does.

We kind of have it: Melee Crescendo. On finishers it increase your starting combo via 1-6 per hit. It still "load" your combo. It may be slow but you have your combo big part of your gameplay.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

We kind of have it: Melee Crescendo. On finishers it increase your starting combo via 1-6 per hit. It still "load" your combo. It may be slow but you have your combo big part of your gameplay.

Bleh!

I appreciate the effort but even if that would include Parazon it is too situational and weak to be worth using. Perhaps if someone enjoys looooong missions, which I certainly don't.

It's not even a bandaid fix. It's a sandpaper on a scraped knee. We need something better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:
2 hours ago, quxier said:

Bleh!

I appreciate the effort but even if that would include Parazon it is too situational and weak to be worth using. Perhaps if someone enjoys looooong missions, which I certainly don't.

It's not even a bandaid fix. It's a sandpaper on a scraped knee. We need something better.

But it includes Parazon. You can even do Ash ability to trigger it. I'm not sure how it counts but e.g. Ash give me more. In simulacrum 20 enemies give me ~100 combo for 5/6 rank Crescendo.

Yeah, it's for longer mission. Especially solo so other players won't kill stunned enemies.