The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is aegis storm still useless

WhipandT3ar

Yeah let's introduce a new frame that has almost the same ability as an older frame. Oh and then joke about how that new frame's ability is better because reasons! Like is this a joke? There's absolutely no reason why hildryn shouldn't be able to use all her abilities AND weapons during aegis storm now. Please for the love of God show my girl some love man. This really isn't funny 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WhipandT3ar said:

There's absolutely no reason why hildryn shouldn't be able to use all her abilities AND weapons during aegis storm now.

There must be a reason, else it wouldn't be made this way. You may not know it or not understand it, but it is there.

Hek, the increased movement speed alone would already make it feel so much better.

But ye, it's always weird when something that was requested for older Frames suddenly gets slapped on a new one
(I not least am thinking about the free-form teleport that Kullervo has, that Ash and Loki should've gotten ages ago)
or a new Frame just gets a better version of what an old Frame had (lol Titania and Wukong flight compared to the OG Zephyr).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There must be a reason, else it wouldn't be made this way. You may not know it or not understand it, but it is there.

There isn't though that's the thing. Jade has all this support, armor strip, a remote revive and now she can fly because yes. You cannot tell me there is a reason hildryn hasn't gotten a but besides they just haven't done it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

When Aegis Storm first appeared in the game, overguard wasn't a thing and the CC provided by Hildryn could effortlessly shut down a large area.  If Hildryn were able to use Pillage in this state, she could then remain in Aegis Storm indefinitely.  I believe DE's decision to prevent the use of other powers (aside from her 1) during her 4 was a balancing factor.  After all, when the Helminth arrived, Hildryn could initially cast the shield restore Helminth ability during her 4.  DE patched out that interaction pretty quickly.

Explanations aside, Warframe has moved on.  CC isn't what it used to be, and most modern mission types don't require or reward CC.  Whatever reasons DE had for limiting Aegis Storm so much are no longer relevant in the game that Warframe has become since Hildryn arrived more than 5 years ago.  I wouldn't be opposed to some changes to Hildryn's 4, and indeed her 1.  She's a powerful frame, but her 4 and 1 have always been a bit clunky.  Her best ability is easily her 2, which is also her Helminth ability.

• Like 1

Just let Hildryn able to use primaries and secondaries during aegis storm as well as pillage, that would make the ability a lot better rather than locking you out of your weapons and one of your best abilities. 

Or you know how during aegis storm Hildryn wields two balefire chargers but only shoots one? Allow pillage to be used and allow her to fire two balefire shots at once, or just straight up buff her balefire weapon during aegis storm so there's a reason to use both abilities.

Also increase the movement speed of aegis storm, like NinjaZeku suggested.

• Like 1

Aegis Storm doesn't accomplish anything of value in Hildryn's kit.

• Balefire is the only thing you can use while using Aegis Storm, but Balefire is also at its best when attacking enemies that do not possess shields nor armor by virtue of being only good with damage.
  • Pillage is Hildryn's bread and butter, which Aegis Storm blocks the usage of, thus Hildryn can't do her main thing.
  • Haven provides significantly more advantages to Hildryn's team than Aegis Storm while having the same drain.

Aegis Storm has its own issues.

• The CC component has always been unreliable.
  • The fact that you are locked into only Balefire means you cannot benefit from the CC yourself, getting free easy headshots.
  • The energy orb generation per target is very limited, doesn't help sustain Aegis Storm for Hildryn, requires enemies to be constantly lifted for a set duration.
  • The mobility is worse than ground speed, dashing spends your shields that much faster.
  • The damage component of the ability, both overtime and when slamming the ground is negligible.

Jade does Aegis Storm correctly from what Pablo's shown, please buff the ability so it may be on par with the new stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

They don’t like the idea of being able to replenish your shields while using abilities that drain your shields.

Yes it’s dumb. Yes they should change it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

They don’t like the idea of being able to replenish your shields while using abilities that drain your shields.

Yes it’s dumb. Yes they should change it.

It's as dumb as certain support abilities like rally not working with channelled abilities 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Hek, the increased movement speed alone would already make it feel so much better.

But ye, it's always weird when something that was requested for older Frames suddenly gets slapped on a new one
(I not least am thinking about the free-form teleport that Kullervo has, that Ash and Loki should've gotten ages ago)
or a new Frame just gets a better version of what an old Frame had (lol Titania and Wukong flight compared to the OG Zephyr).

Zephyr just needs a speed buff. I have no idea why she's so damn slow either. 

Edited by WhipandT3ar
Wrong words

1 hour ago, WhipandT3ar said:

Zephyr just needs a speed buff. I have no idea why she's so damn slow either. 

Huh? She can zoom about with her 1 (tap), and for on foot as well as her hover mode she has the Jet Stream Augment.

Having a much more controlled / free flight is what I was referring to.

There will probably be some sort of nuance to the new frame, or something lacking, that doesn't take me away from still playing Hildryn anyways. And it kind of says something that a warframe with missed potential (maybe a lot) can still be a very effective warframe