Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade light eximus too strong compare to other eximus.

This Eximus change #*!%ed up the game completely! DE's plan is crystal clear: do the same as with the original Eximus launch, release some bullS#&$ to screw over the players, who will complain, then DE increases the damage just to nerf it after more complaints. They release this crap along with a new Warframe, during TennoCon, and throw in a Forma or Arcane event to make people complain less, keeping this S#&$ty idea intact. Seriously, I am perplexed by the audacity of such a S#&$ty idea. What goes through someone's mind to come up with such a #*!%ed up idea? I imagine this bastard in a meeting, raising his hand and saying: "I have a wonderful idea, let's call it Jade Eximus!" The big question is: WHAT THE #*!% WERE YOU THINKING to come up with this? You who developed this S#&$, do you even play the game or just work on it? From your idea, I DOUBT you play. You did a 5-hour playtest in one week and then do a livestream and think it's all good. Be decent, resign and get the hell out of the gaming market!

PS: Sorry for the level of politeness in this message, but it's proportional!!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Void2258 said:

Not if I am standing in extract waiting for the timer to count down!

Then a workable solution is to make players who are standing in the extraction zone (if it is active), invincible but unable to deal damage in exchange.

Extraction zones are always away from main objectives anyway, so that shouldn't cause any problems.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Then a workable solution is to make players who are standing in the extraction zone (if it is active), invincible but unable to deal damage in exchange.

Extraction zones are always away from main objectives anyway, so that shouldn't cause any problems.

A solution they haven't implemented in literal years of people having trouble extracting due to enemies following them there. Which indicates an unwillingness or inability to futz with extraction, so then the units have to not the an issue if they do follow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Void2258 said:

A solution they haven't implemented in literal years of people having trouble extracting due to enemies following them there. Which indicates an unwillingness or inability to futz with extraction, so then the units have to not the an issue if they do follow.

Or that it hasn't been a problem until now, for whatever reason. Possibly because the Units haven't been effective enough at getting people to move. 

It does apply during the ends of Defence rounds though, so there's precedence. And there's no point gutting an enemy that's doing its job when a workable solution is just sitting there.

On 2024-06-20 at 10:19 PM, vasliy said:

the main problem is that tin sp this ray does over a million damage in 1.8 seconds and since fire does a percentage of the main damage, it does a hell of a lot of damage

I almost exclusively play on the SP. The damage isn't the problem. I spammed the event mission day 1. It wasn't bad at all and at some point I did a little experiment where I just stood under the green death beam. The Jade eximus were a joke. They still are. What's also a joke is DE's persistent lack of regression testing.

And in case you think I was exclusively playing Revenant, I wasn't. I played a wide variety of 'frames including Mirage who is fairly squishy when she is taking direct hits. (The Jade Lights ignore her clones, which make me a bit salty.)

Edited by EiraRozen
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-20 at 11:40 AM, Dr.Evil. said:

After over 8 years of playing this is destroying the fun in this game.
I don't find these units too hard, they are literally the dumbest mechanic I have ever had to deal with in a regular mission.
All this mechanic does is force you to do 8 seconds of dumb parkour manuvers and wild rolling until you can find and get rid of the unit.
It is NOT FUN.

so far I had died a few times, nothing critical, and fortunately not in a no-respawn mission, yet.
But its sucking the fun out of the game, It's an annoying and stupid mechanic.

I have also been forced out of extraction by them multiple times now.
Is the point of this to make my mission take 2 minutes longer to exit?
It also reintroduces the idea that you can't tell where the unit is, the orbs spawn out of nowhere and follow you so fast that a frame without a speed mod can barely outrun it.
The orb doesn't indicate where the unit is to retaliate at all (This is the same issue we had with eximus leech enemies draining your energy and having no clue where they are)

It's probably what is going to make me want to stop playing, I will live with it for a bit.

Is parkouring not a key feature of the game's combat system?

There should be points where using it is the better choice.

I'm confused. Why do you play Warframe? Like I can understand not knowing where the mob spawning the light is but that can be fixed via tether but I dont get the issue with being persuaded to move around.

21 hours ago, realAprox said:

Skill issue... What are you doing standing in the obvious beam of death?
Haven't died to neither Eximus in the event nor Jade Light Eximus Rogue Voidrig (lv400) in solo EDA 

I personally die regularly, when doing the event capture missions. I go, oneshot the target and start capturing. While capturing the beam has enough time to spawn stack and kill me, before I can do anything about it. It's good that Wukong has 3 lives, so he doesn't particularly care about loosing one, but I can see newer players getting frustrated.

• Like 1

On 2024-06-20 at 2:40 PM, Void2258 said:

Keeping track of statistics, I now have 1/4+ of my deaths IN MY ENTIRE TIME PLAYING WARFRAME since the patch. At current rate by the time I am done farming helmith Jade, likely over 1/2 my total deaths ever will be since Jade Shadows launched.

This is a severe problem. Whenever these units are around, solo extract is impossible. Full team or trapped in mission.

Just as an FYI you can get Jade (and everything but volatile motes) from the regular version which doesn’t have Eximus spawns boosted or the “every eximus is jade light” modifier.

Outside of the alert (which also seems to give them boosted stays), they’re relatively uncommon.

Though they violate a few design principles. They seemingly don’t have to see you. Even CCing them doesn’t stop the beams spawning (a trait shared with leeches, once they’re alerted you can make then into a rock garden or whatever and still have circles chasing you).

They spawn the Beams without any apparent wind up or telegraph. Very quickly.

The beam doesn’t prevent other actions. It independently seeks out and homes in on you while the Eximus is now also free to attack you with weapons or any other special attacks it may have. Other Eximus have to stop what they’re doing to throw junk at you.

More of a bug perhaps but the beams seem to suffer massively from latency. Often persistent past the Eximus death and obviously hitting outside their visual render.

6 hours ago, sXeth said:

Though they violate a few design principles. They seemingly don’t have to see you. Even CCing them doesn’t stop the beams spawning (a trait shared with leeches, once they’re alerted you can make then into a rock garden or whatever and still have circles chasing you).

They spawn the Beams without any apparent wind up or telegraph. Very quickly.

The beam doesn’t prevent other actions. It independently seeks out and homes in on you while the Eximus is now also free to attack you with weapons or any other special attacks it may have. Other Eximus have to stop what they’re doing to throw junk at you.

More of a bug perhaps but the beams seem to suffer massively from latency. Often persistent past the Eximus death and obviously hitting outside their visual render.

I'd like to see some sort of changes to these eximus units for precisely these reasons. I like the idea of them, and I welcome a new eximus unit, even if that eximus unit is a powerful one. HOWEVER, heaven forbid I

1. Try to capture a target
  2. Try to hack a console
  3. Have to stop to check the map
  4. Use an ability that locks me in place (ie: nekros's 4th ability)
  5. Use a frame that doesn't have overshield
  6. Accidentally hit "t" and get stuck in the chat window for a second
  7. Have someone message that I'd like to reply to

Being unable to find time to message during a mission really sucks because I literally can't get a second to reply. A jade light always targets me the instant I open the chat window. Every time. Somehow (hyperbole detected). If I'm in a mission and someone wants to buy something, I usually can't let them know I'm on my way to extract without being oneshot.

Having a unit that can attack you with an instant death laser from on high without any wind up, without line of sight, and without any way to even know which eximus unit is the one casting it is just horrible. They're an irritating annoyance and unfun to deal with at best. I can't imagine how aggravating they must be for newcomers to the game who don't have access to anything that chews through overguard or can do high damage to eximus units. I've nearly been taken out trying some un-optimal builds just while trying to attack the jade eximus units (melee).

Edited by shaychane