Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can we have a non-pregnant Jade skin?

19 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

But having a hole in the head (Dagath), a rampant infestation (Nidus), being a complete skeleton with other warframes parts duct-taped on it (Xaku), muscles showing (Valkyr), dead wolves' heads strapped to your shoulders/hips (Voruna), or a completely fractured body (Citrine) is perfectly normal, please disperse

Let's not forget Nekros Prime's exposed innards or the hole in his stomach for his deluxe, Lavos' half-blown off face, as well as Caliban literally being split in half.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @Stormandreas : "Eternalism garbage basically"

For once, you're WRONG.

First : Orokin know of the existence of soul (ORO), Like Teshin said : "Oro is the binding force for an enemy who like the Tenno can survive death."

Second : With Kuva we can reincarnate anyone into a new permanent/temporary body.

Third : Re-Making a body for Limbo, Sevagoth or Chroma in their own quest and bind their ORO to this new body can bring them back

Q.E.D : For Jade, it is possible to call her back for help with Blueprint of her making and calling her back ORO. No Eternalism involved

PS : took me some times to found this "ORO" thing but my quarter of hour research beat your 3sec post dear Founder ^^ (still As you sans it IS JADE)

Interesting how smug you're trying to be here. "My quarter of hour research beat your 3sec post dear Founder". This comes across pretty damn bad honestly, especially when you start off with "For once, you're WRONG."
Perhaps actually respect others when starting a debate.

As for ingame, Ordis says, Quote: "Ordis understand that this both is, and is not, the Jade that was lost"

That means, the Jade we have, is not the same Jade, but somehow, also is the same Jade. This is Eternalism in a nutshell.
Jade is lost, she's gone, yet, she's also here. How is that possible? Because Eternalism allows past, present and future versions of the same thing, to all exist and be real at once. This is why the Jade we have is both the same Jade, but also not the same Jade. It has nothing to do with the Oro.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 2

🤣 : Oh @Stormandreas, can't you let me have a tiny victory for ONCE ...

Also I presume your "the Jade we have, is not the same Jade, but somehow, also is the same Jade." is more befitting the The Players of Null-A than Eternalism.

Eternalism is All that existed and will exist IS still here. Like when The first Doctor Who meet the Eleven to save the world.

And Jade state is akind to the Ship of Theseus, as you can replace every part of her but she is still the one and only JADE... pregnant or non.

My PoV is more Samsara Philosophy : You soul transmigrate from a past body to a new one; They are not the same body but it's still you.

Did I win you ? dear founder 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

It's actually stated by Ordis that the Jade we use, IS infact Jade, it's just not the same Jade as was in the quest.

Eternalism garbage basically.

Hell he say anything about our one, he only ever mentions the real one

46 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

🤣 : Oh @Stormandreas, can't you let me have a tiny victory for ONCE ...

Also I presume your "the Jade we have, is not the same Jade, but somehow, also is the same Jade." is more befitting the The Players of Null-A than Eternalism.

Eternalism is All that existed and will exist IS still here. Like when The first Doctor Who meet the Eleven to save the world.

And Jade state is akind to the Ship of Theseus, as you can replace every part of her but she is still the one and only JADE... pregnant or non.

My PoV is more Samsara Philosophy : You soul transmigrate from a past body to a new one; They are not the same body but it's still you.

Did I win you ? dear founder 😁

Your whole persona just screams elitism.

Your attitude sucks towards others, and you just can't handle that someone is a Founder. I've never seen you give any level of respect to one when you reply to them.

Have fun bud. You're not worth debating with.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 2

@Stormandreas : "Your whole persona just screams elitism."

O_o First time I get a "elitism" tag; Not very befitting my Mr NoSkill surname.

Being a ol' reader speaking about The Players of Null-A, Ship of thesus (Doctor Who S08E1) does make me elitism, just an ol' pal with bits of wisdom...

@Stormandreas "You're not worth debating with."

That not very nice from ya but I understand,

If you don't like crossing (s)words with me, I'll call it a draw.

Have a good day n' fun too,

May the Sun shine on you(r mood), 👨‍🦳🧐

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

Interesting how smug you're trying to be here. "My quarter of hour research beat your 3sec post dear Founder". This comes across pretty damn bad honestly, especially when you start off with "For once, you're WRONG."
Perhaps actually respect others when starting a debate.

As for ingame, Ordis says, Quote: "Ordis understand that this both is, and is not, the Jade that was lost"

That means, the Jade we have, is not the same Jade, but somehow, also is the same Jade. This is Eternalism in a nutshell.
Jade is lost, she's gone, yet, she's also here. How is that possible? Because Eternalism allows past, present and future versions of the same thing, to all exist and be real at once. This is why the Jade we have is both the same Jade, but also not the same Jade. It has nothing to do with the Oro.

I just had this brief discussion, ie it not being the jade we use in mission because we literally make a fresh frame to put her (oro) in the orokin used kuva to be able to reincarnate/pass their consciousness to another body save your breathe in this debate amigo.

P.S thank you for being a founder and supporting the game i enjoy gg:)

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

dead wolves' heads strapped to your shoulders/hips (Voruna

They mention in her vetruvian that she bound her pets to her body through the use of kuva. Those heads aren't dead. They are as alive as she is, thier very steel/flesh fused forever... or at least untill you take off the shoulders XD

To getting thread back on topic, I'll say this, my problem with jade has nothing to do with in game reasoning. To me, this is akin to someone sitting down at a dnd table wanting to play as the pregnant npc from the quest we just got done completing. It's a feeling of "...jeez dude. Can we please not? This is getting wierd and I don't think this game is the right place for this kind of character." Asking for a toggle to change the pregnancy belly on and off is something that various players want, each with thier own reason, from personal quandary to fashion frame. Most of us have a sentiment of "I don't like how this looks, can I please turn it off?" An alternate form/auxiliary toggle is the best ending for both sides of the debate to be happy.

Edited by WanderingJoe
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WanderingJoe said:

They mention in her vetruvian that she bound her pets to her body through the use of kuva. Those heads aren't dead. They are as alive as she is, thier very steel/flesh fused forever... or at least untill you take off the shoulders XD

To getting thread back on topic, I'll say this, my problem with jade has nothing to do with in game reasoning. To me, this is akin to someone sitting down at a dnd table wanting to play as the pregnant npc from the quest we just got done completing. It's a feeling of "...jeez dude. Can we please not? This is getting wierd and I don't think this game is the right place for this kind of character." Asking for a toggle to change the pregnancy belly on and off is something that various players want, each with thier own reason, from personal quandary to fashion frame. Most of us have a sentiment of "I don't like how this looks, can I please turn it off?" An alternate form/auxiliary toggle is the best ending for both sides of the debate to be happy.

I just want to add the voruna example holds no water because you can un-equip the wolf heads. y'know, like we've said we wanted for jade.

as if the guy you were quoting understands the debate by using other frames as a sign of some form of hypocrisy display or something like that.

20 hours ago, WanderingJoe said:

Right, which means it was done intentionally

Obviously. They wanted the reveal to be in the quest.

By the way, I don't think her robes open if you use stances from another frame, so she stays wrapped up (like in her marketing image) except during her 4, and then you can only see her from behind anyway.

18 hours ago, Pneumanoultra said:

I don't think it is. Look:

MVPLS30.jpeg
Those short parts of the skirt aren't present in game, meaning the first image is likely a different model.

Evidence3

You mean the bit where it's hiked up over her thigh so it doesn't clip with holstered secondaries?

That looks the same to me, but those "short parts of the skirt" are the feathers - they're more apparent with some colour schemes. They may have been accentuated slightly for the marketing photos, but slightly less prominent feathers on her hips isn't what people are mad about, is it?

Edited by (XBOX)KayAitch

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Obviously. They wanted the reveal to be in the quest.

By the way, I don't think her robes open if you use stances from another frame, so she stays wrapped up (like in her marketing image) except during her 4, and then you can only see her from behind anyway.

You mean the bit where it's hiked up over her thigh so it doesn't clip with holstered secondaries?

That looks the same to me, but those "short parts of the skirt" are the feathers - they're more apparent with some colour schemes. They may have been accentuated slightly for the marketing photos, but slightly less prominent feathers on her hips isn't what people are mad about, is it?

The point is that the image/model doesn't accurately represent the product. That has some people mad.

Edit: what I was trying to get at is that I'm not convinced that it's even the same model. If it is, they moved it in ways that are impossible to do in game to get that shot.

Edited by Pneumanoultra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pneumanoultra said:

The point is that the image/model doesn't accurately represent the product. That has some people mad

It does though?

You can see her bump. She is that shape. The reveal is what looks like an empire-line gown opens to show her belly. It's not shrunk in the image - that is the size her gown is in the game.

Is it slightly photoshopped and tweaked for marketing? Sure. So are all the marketing images DE have ever made.

You can't do that sick backflip Excalibur does in the trailer either.

I just don't think it's altered enough to count as any kind of false marketing, especially as frames are about their abilities.

I find bait & switches like Styanax far more of a problem. DE love launching OP frames they then nerf into obscurity once sales of the pack die down.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

It does though?

You can see her bump. She is that shape. The reveal is what looks like an empire-line gown opens to show her belly. It's not shrunk in the image - that is the size her gown is in the game.

Is it slightly photoshopped and tweaked for marketing? Sure. So are all the marketing images DE have ever made.

I just don't think it's altered enough to count as any kind of false marketing, especially as frames are about their abilities.

I find bait & switches like Styanax far more of a problem. DE love launching OP frames they then nerf into obscurity once sales of the pack die down.

New point of contention: get DE to add Excalibur's sick backflip.

You make good points, the OP before nerf thing is a problem that should be addressed.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Aim glide then dodge backward. He doesnt hold his hands out but that might be an exalted blade thing. I subsumed mine for nourish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

But having a hole in the head (Dagath), a rampant infestation (Nidus), being a complete skeleton with other warframes parts duct-taped on it (Xaku), muscles showing (Valkyr), dead wolves' heads strapped to your shoulders/hips (Voruna), or a completely fractured body (Citrine) is perfectly normal, please disperse

Idk what you mean by valkyr muscles. I will agree on citrine. Idk how dagath functions to give an opinion. The rest is not a weakness, they're built around using those as strength. And you can't convince me that jade's baby is a source of strength.

7 hours ago, Johnprofit said:

Let's not forget Nekros Prime's exposed innards or the hole in his stomach for his deluxe, Lavos' half-blown off face, as well as Caliban literally being split in half.

I didn't know that was nekros' guts lol but yeah, those are dumb.

4 hours ago, WanderingJoe said:

It does have slightly to do with in game reasoning but yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

4 minutes ago, PopocraftGD said:

Idk what you mean by valkyr muscles

This is what Valkyr looked like: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Valkyr_Gersemi_Skin

Then Alad V got hold of her and partially flayed that skin off to the base Valkyr you get, complete with shock collar and chains.

7 minutes ago, PopocraftGD said:

And you can't convince me that jade's baby is a source of strength

I mean, I put some mods on it and it shoots rapid heat lasers that melt most enemies, seems pretty strong to me.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

This is what Valkyr looked like: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Valkyr_Gersemi_Skin

Then Alad V got hold of her and partially flayed that skin off to the base Valkyr you get, complete with shock collar and chains.

I mean, I put some mods on it and it shoots rapid heat lasers that melt most enemies, seems pretty strong to me.

Ooh, that's some cool lore, thanks. Also, lmao

1 hour ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I thought Glory fired out of her Ophanem orbiters. With Ophanem Eyes active the beams from Glory fire right out of them. If it isn't active they briefly appear to fire a beam and then disappear.

Naw man. DE is one of the reasons i am hellbound.

People saw she was pregnant and immediately threw Garuda's Bloodshed Sigil on her and called it a day. I indeed laughed harder than i should have. Especially when using her 4.....

On 2024-06-24 at 8:32 AM, Luigispikachu said:

and we aren't asking for the removal, just a toggle so we can stop feeling uncomfortable over a tactless concept

Sounds like more of a 'you' problem than a problem with Jade's model.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pneumanoultra said:

thought Glory fired out of her Ophanem orbiters

Watch other players using it.

If you could toggle off her pregnancy she'd open a flasher mac and fire lasers from her crotch.

10 minutes ago, Pneumanoultra said:

With Ophanem Eyes active the beams from Glory fire right out of them

They have their own effect, like lines from the little drones and a torch-like light around your reticle.

Mind you, I put a lot of fire rate on Glory (infinite magazine means more fire rate is better than more damage for DPS, Arcane Velocity FTW) and that might mess with anims.

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

Sounds like more of a 'you' problem than a problem with Jade's model.

Well. this is more of a "bad timing" issue on DE's part due to some people's politics in our current timeline.. Its like when Dead by Daylight took away all of Leatherface's masks because people claimed it was racist. I don't find it offensive.. but I can see why. It could also be a trigger for some people. We have several skins where frames have a hole in the head, guts visible, frames cut in half, frames being an amalgamation of parts etc etc. Let people default to a skin that will hide the subject matter for themselves instead of removing it. Let people coddle themselves in a video game instead of ruining the fun for the rest of us. Easy compromise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, project_eulogy said:

Well. this is more of a "bad timing" issue on DE's part due to some people's politics in our current timeline.. 

I keep up to date on mainstream politics and have no idea what you're referring to.

If pregnancy is triggering, then they should complain to their mother, who brought them into this world, not Warframe's devs.

• Like 2