Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't be time to us be allowed to change polarity after already used a forma?

I mean, I do everything I can to not use another forma in a already polarized slot. It feels such a waste. I believe would be fair to switch between polarities after spend a forma. Even if this would get the frame/weapon back to level zero. 

• Like 2

Not too concerned about that
I'd rather them add a universal forma, would get those in a heartbeat

Makes them wicked expensive or something. Cmon DE... do it... do it por favor

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Not too concerned about that
I'd rather them add a universal forma, would get those in a heartbeat

Makes them wicked expensive or something. Cmon DE... do it... do it por favor

The entire point of Forma and polarities is to prevent future-proofing. I don't see how these types of items would actually benefit the game, as you'd never really have to revisit weapon investments or the costs and compromises that are supposed to be made within modding.

• Like 4

I feel like at the very least, If you have already forma'd every single slot in a warframe, Just allow us to swap them.

Because then you have already invested several into one warframe thus the investment should justify the reward.

Thats atleast my opinion.

• Like 3

Nah, I like the balance of the forma system. It keeps the DE doors open and Warframe updates coming. The universal forma idea is a good one (and something you can tell DE fights itself over, considering universal stance and aura forms exists), but that revenue loss would really hurt the game, IMO. 

The number of my builds that have 2 or more mispolarized forma because I just can't be bothered. Or the frames I'll just stop playing because I don't want to cram another forma into them because it's a waste. It's not that I don't have the forma I have over 50 just sitting in my inventory, doing literally nothing.... but there is no value in using them.

Personally What I would love to see is an additive forma system (adding a D to a - would give you a D- slot instead of replacing the - with a D) because that opens up the floodgates of BUILD DIVERSITY in a rare instance for DE because it also adds zero power creep to the game. Plus it would leave players feeling good about using forma instead of feeling bad because they essentially wasted the forma they added before.

How many forma are people realistically going to put into a build anyway outside of memes where they slap 100 forma into (insert frame), maybe 8 over the lifetime of a 'normal' frame? Why not give them a benefit in the form of build diversity from those 8 forma? And the potential of maybe deciding that hey they'd would like to "future proof" their favorite frame(s) and drop 40 forma into em, allowing them to create any build going forward. I fail to see how someone tossing another 10+ forma into a frame they enjoy and feeling like they are getting some sort of benefit from it is a negative for DE. Cause they're going to get more engagement out of it and they might even sell some forma with plat.

Alas DE is too busy on their never ending war against the fluid movement system that Warframe has to improve the QoL of their game and maybe make some sales based on it.

Edited by Oreades

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Daikon_177:

I wish umbra polarities worked like a universal polarity 

Heck, I'd be fine if we could just remove an umbra forma and get it back via the helminth (maybe not with bile resources please) 

I'm locked out on a frame that got an augment now because of the umbra polarities.. 

I think I like the universal forma idea rather than just being able to change a polarity and go back to rank 0. The universal forma could be rarer than umbra forma, something you don't want to really waste on just any Warframe. 

At this point it would be a quality of life improvement for long time players, when I need to change a polarity it's just a 10 minute ordeal. Buy a 3 pack of forma, choose my polarity, then run a max of 4 waves in ESO. I'll take something that saves me those 10 minutes. 

18 minutes ago, Daikon_177 said:

I wish umbra polarities worked like a universal polarity 

At the very least it would be nice if Umbral Forma didn't count against you but given that the 3(?) Umbral Mods have really fallen off, Umbral Forma are this uncanny combination of useless and obscenely rare... so yeah maybe making them the multi polarity forma would make sense.

• Like 2

I think a fair approach would be to add them like someone posted.

Lets say a slot is V, then you forma into Naramon, that slot becomes positive for those 2 polarities,

instead of dropping the V it would retain it and you could use V mods in it too, without penalty.

If later on you decide you need a D it would retain the previous 2 etc.

I really like that they added the aura forma, so many builds i have use them, maybe they will add something similar for other slots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

The entire point of Forma and polarities is to prevent future-proofing. I don't see how these types of items would actually benefit the game, as you'd never really have to revisit weapon investments or the costs and compromises that are supposed to be made within modding.

I know, it wouldn't really benefit the game at all, but slowly diminish normal forma. This is just a modder's wet dream. 

2024/6/22 PM11点44分 , carecaplatonico 说:

我认为一个公平的方法是像某人发布的那样添加它们。

Lets say a slot is V, then you forma into Naramon, that slot becomes positive for those 2 polarities,
假设一个槽是 V,然后你形成 Naramon,该槽对这两个极性变为正,

instead of dropping the V it would retain it and you could use V mods in it too, without penalty.
它不会丢弃 V,而是会保留它,您也可以在其中使用 V 模组,而不会受到惩罚。

如果以后你决定你需要一个 D,它将保留之前的 2 个,依此类推。

I really like that they added the aura forma, so many builds i have use them, maybe they will add something similar for other slots.
我真的很喜欢他们添加了光环形式,我使用过很多构建,也许他们会为其他插槽添加类似的东西。

I like your idea, because each warframe has different gameplay, and the slot of the mod may be completely different, and there is no way to be compatible.

I've encountered this kind of situation recently, and I don't know what to do, so I haven't polarized the slot for the time being.

On 2024-06-22 at 12:44 PM, carecaplatonico said:

Yeah, that would be neat. DE could even profit more as now there are better reasons to spend a forma on a polarized slot.

Would be nice if this post could reach someone in the DE

We have universal forma for aura and stances. I surprised it isn't the same for mods at this point. DE could ask for double the platinum of a basic forma and folks would be buying. Better yet, make it a 2%-5% table reward for sortie. Give people a reason to do sorties other than the a seasonal nightwave reward, lol.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG