Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lich/ Sister adversary limit and how it could be improved

GovernmentSecrets.gov

I was about to enter a final confrontation with a Lich and got a pop up stating "Adversary history limit (Sisters of Parvos and Kuva Liches) exceeded. You need to Relinquish 136 Adversaries to play confrontations. Going forward it took me to a menu where I could DELETE any and all kinds of Liches/ Sisters either vanquished, converted, or traded (including ones received via trade). This menu also doesn't let you preview the Lich/ Sister you are about to delete either.

Screenshot of pop-up and menu here: https://imgur.com/a/MUDRGYh

So apparently converted adversaries share the same kind of slot as traded/ vanquished liches which means there is also a hard limit on how many adversaries you can convert, and there's no option to buy more slots for them unlike purchased crewmates from Ticker of Fortuna. I'm not currently at a point where this is necessary, but I had always made decisions under the assumption that there wasn't a limit. Even the wiki doesn't seem to have a mention of a limit existing.

I think the way the limit is handled could be made better by a few changes:

• In the Codex have a 0/261 counter for how many Liches / Sisters occupy a slot. This will acknowledge that there is a limit and that we must pick wisely on the adversaries we wish to keep.

• Be flexible with the amount of Adversaries that need to be deleted as currently you MUST delete 136 or more adversaries to regain access to final confrontations and for some people that number will inevitably dip into the converted allies that we actually want to keep.

• Allow previewing adversaries in the deletion menu. Those who will run into this limit will not be the people who are only interested in the weapons and ephemeras, so previews would be an invaluable quality of life upgrade. As the only way to ensure you aren't deleting an Adversary you wish to keep is to write out a list of all the names of converted adversaries you want to save, and manually verify that the adversary you're about to delete is not on the list of protected names before going through with deletion.

• Also allowing for the purchase of new Adversary slots would be fantastic for those who would want to continue collecting adversaries.

Thoughts?

Edited by GovernmentSecrets.gov
Removed redundances

They should just ditch the whole collection aspect, the first time you get a Lich/Sister you get a Lich/Sister and then as you complete the missions you unlock customization and may one or two additional slots. You still get the weapons etc but then they don't run into as much of the database overhead.

Pretty much everything I wish they'd done with Liches/Sisters they put into.... khal....

Edited by Oreades

3 hours ago, GovernmentSecrets.gov said:

I was about to enter a final confrontation with a Lich and got a pop up stating "Adversary history limit (Sisters of Parvos and Kuva Liches) exceeded. You need to Relinquish 136 Adversaries to play confrontations. Going forward it took me to a menu where I could DELETE any and all kinds of Liches/ Sisters either vanquished, converted, or traded (including ones received via trade). This menu also doesn't let you preview the Lich/ Sister you are about to delete either.

Screenshot of pop-up and menu here: https://imgur.com/a/MUDRGYh

So apparently converted adversaries share the same kind of slot as traded/ vanquished liches which means there is also a hard limit on how many adversaries you can convert, and there's no option to buy more slots for them unlike purchased crewmates from Ticker of Fortuna. I'm not currently at a point where this is necessary, but I had always made decisions under the assumption that there wasn't a limit. Even the wiki doesn't seem to have a mention of a limit existing.

I think the way the limit is handled could be made better by a few changes:

• In the Codex have a 0/261 counter for how many Liches / Sisters occupy a slot. This will acknowledge that there is a limit and that we must pick wisely on the adversaries we wish to keep.

• Be flexible with the amount of Adversaries that need to be deleted as currently you MUST delete 136 or more adversaries to regain access to final confrontations and for some people that number will inevitably dip into the converted allies that we actually want to keep.

• Allow previewing adversaries in the deletion menu. Those who will run into this limit will not be the people who are only interested in the weapons and ephemeras, so previews would be an invaluable quality of life upgrade. As the only way to ensure you aren't deleting an Adversary you wish to keep is to write out a list of all the names of converted adversaries you want to save, and manually verify that the adversary you're about to delete is not on the list of protected names before going through with deletion.

• Also allowing for the purchase of new Adversary slots would be fantastic for those who would want to continue collecting adversaries.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing you've missed a Devstream or two.

There was no limit on Liches/Sisters before, but there is now. In order to continue to improve on and expand the system, the limits had to be implemented. Theres no such thing as a server with infinite memory, so limiting it became necessary.

Unfortunately that means all the suggestions above are already either redundant or worthless for the way forward. I'm not sure why anyone would be collecting 100+ Liches/Sisters in the firstplace but it's not a goal the game asks you to attain. If collecting them is enjoyable for you that's OK, but now you'll have to learn to do it within the new limitations.

Just now, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I'm guessing you've missed a Devstream or two.

There was no limit on Liches/Sisters before, but there is now. In order to continue to improve on and expand the system, the limits had to be implemented. Theres no such thing as a server with infinite memory, so limiting it became necessary.

Unfortunately that means all the suggestions above are already either redundant or worthless for the way forward. I'm not sure why anyone would be collecting 100+ Liches/Sisters in the firstplace but it's not a goal the game asks you to attain. If collecting them is enjoyable for you that's OK, but now you'll have to learn to do it within the new limitations.

I've been out of the loop for a bit, but it does make sense that limitations must be set. 

While buying slots is out of the question considering the official stance, the mandatory 136 that must be deleted is likely an easy change of just going in and changing the number. You can already pick more than the mandatory 136 required for deletion, so if they lowered the mandatory selection down to 1 you would have more freedom in what you want to delete instead of having to inevitably sacrifice large swathes of your collection if you have reached such a point. Say if I were to delete only 10 I'd still be within the boundaries of the new limit.

9 hours ago, GovernmentSecrets.gov said:

I've been out of the loop for a bit, but it does make sense that limitations must be set. 

While buying slots is out of the question considering the official stance, the mandatory 136 that must be deleted is likely an easy change of just going in and changing the number. You can already pick more than the mandatory 136 required for deletion, so if they lowered the mandatory selection down to 1 you would have more freedom in what you want to delete instead of having to inevitably sacrifice large swathes of your collection if you have reached such a point. Say if I were to delete only 10 I'd still be within the boundaries of the new limit.

Well the reason you're getting the notification about deleting 136 is because you have 136 more Liches/Sisters "remembered" in your Codex right now. If I logged in I wouldn't see a message asking to delete 136. So changing the number isn't an option as its not a widespread change, it's just you seeing it. Theres obviously going to be others who are over the new limit too but they might be asked to delete 5 or 17 or 62 depending on how many their own Codex "remembers".

Realistically at most there should only be a max of about 20 Liches and Sisters you'd want to keep, so best thing to do is go to your Codex, figure out which 20 you want, write down their names, and then go to the delete screen and get rid of all but the 20. It's extremely likely we'll be getting Infested Liches when 1999 drops considering it's dealing with the time when the Infestation first started so you're likely going to have to "clean house" soon anyway. May as well be now.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678