Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some good Amp Recommendations?

(PSN)CUInc

Question

5 answers to this question

Depends if you want a day-to-day amp, or something more for Eidolon hunts. Either way, crit in general seems to be the best to focus on at the moment, compared to status, which never seems to be a good idea

I don't do hunts, so in terms of day-to-day amps...

I liked the 1xx, 2xx, and I like the 7xx for nullifier bubbles. 3xx is interesting, just not my go-to. I'd avoid the 6xx because it's a status alternative to the 7xx crit.

I thought most of the scaffolds were good except for the x5x and x6x. My favourite scaffold is the x4x because it fires a homing projectile that bounces around and auto-aims itself. The rest are also solid

Braces like xx7 or xx3 enhance crit, but I also think xx2 is also good if you don't need crit urgently, because it cuts down the recharge delay (note this is different than recharge speed)

For Eidolons, I use 1-1-7. Scaffold doesn't matter, but I use Pencha due to punch-through to kill vomvs that are linked to eidolon if I get unlucky (Eidolon screams, all nearby vomvalysts are linked and Eido is recharging its shields that wont stop until all vomvs are dead). Propa also works here but I don't like hiding to void mode to avoid self-staggers. 1-X-7 with Madurai, Eternal Eradicate and Onslaught one-two shots shields through Volt's barrier.

For general missions, I use 7-4-7. Phahd is very strong and is capable to kill enemies for a revive even in steel path grineer.

For duviri circuit I specifically used 6-4-6 as a safeguard for bad equipment rng. Unairu strips armor, Lega procs void status bubbles for Phahd get trapped in them and kill whatever it hit. Usually enough to finish one round to re-roll the cave equipment.

• Like 1

Most ppl uses x-x-7 bcuz of high crit chance by Certus.  IDK.

A couple of years ago, with 7x7, I didn’t have enough of Klamora’s full salvo against the void angels, so I changed 7x7 to 7x6.   

7 has a long burst of damage, and 6 gives a fast reload.

• Like 1

Really depends on what you plan on using it for, and your play style preferences. 

Like lets take Eidolons. For some, X77 is best, X or prism being irrelevant, because you should be using your Scaffold aka the Propa. Its sound advice, especially if you are skilled enough, practiced enough etc to make it work optimally. Know your necessary positioning so on. That being said, for a lot of people... well they aren't that practiced, knowledgable, and they don't necessarily care about say speed running. Convenience and comfort, even if only relative, can also be nice to consider. Like x27 is a popular alternative, you still need certain positioning to make the most out of the Shraksun, but depending on who you are, the positioning and timing is more forgiving and lenient, especially in practice, Also as far as Prisms? Well sometimes you aren't in the ideal position, you might be further away because a team mate died on the other side of a valley, or you forget to grab a lure, and in that case a good Prism will let you kill the Eidolon... So I often personally recommend 1 or 4 for Prisms. Raplak or Rahn. Both are long range, Raplak does more damage, but is semi auto and fires relatively less than Rahn, which in comparison does less damage but fires more frequently. I personally like the latter for situations when I am not in the right position to use my Scaffold. 

So basically 127, 427, 177, 477, 777 are all Amps I know people use pretty effectively in Eidolon Hunts. Also if you can't get Certus Brace from Vox Solaris, then 3 aka Lohrin Brace from the Quills is a decent alternative in the mean time. 

Oh and what makes them good? Well Brace wise (the 7 in XX7) Certus gives Crit Chance which compared to all your other options... Then the others? Usually its to do with damage and how its applied. Like I am personally more familiar with Shraksun over Propa, and its type of projectile has the potential to pierce/hit multiple amounts of time, which shreds the Eidolons shields faster. If you have the right angle. Usually you want to be below the Eidolon and shooting up its leg. So thats the simple reason. 

However there is also general use right? Not everything is Eidolons. Lots of other places benefit from having a good Amp. Here are some popular parts I know people like. Prisms? Lega Prism and Klamora. Both are kind of like flamethrowers. Lega is more medium range, Klamora is more short range. Even though its short range, its wide and decently powerful. Its popular for taking down Void Angels. Also good for killing SP enemies to get Last Down revive. Scaffold wise? Phahd is quite popular. Not effective against Eidolons, but really good against normal enemies. Its basically a bouncing energy glaive with some slight homing capabilities. Its good for situations where you can't really where enemies are, but you'll damage and kill a few if you launch it, and some are hiding behind corners etc. 

Like many things in Warframe though, the right synergies, amps, etc you can make a lot work. Lets us know if you have any further questions (also Amps directly benefit when you upgrade Focus Schools as well, especially certain passives. Plus certain skills for certain tasks specifically.)

• Like 1