Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen Samples and Oxium, OH MY!

aTechnicolourSoul

HEMA............................................................

Ok so it is so FREAKING hard to get 15k when they drop in the teens. even w a resource booster the most you can get is maybe 30 if youre running SP bouties on Deimos........

WHY isn't there faction based excavation? 

Hear me out:
Grineer-Cryotic

Corpus-Oxium
Infested-Mutagen Samples

DE, cmon yall, I'm pulling my hair out man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should already be an uncommon drop from Deimos in general, so you can do any mission there for drops, not just Cambrion Drift or bounties. It doesn't have excavation, but does at least have survival and defense if you're looking for something else endless

The Hema grind is famously terrible. I did it mostly on Deimos Survival with Ore Gaze Nekros and both resource boosters. Having more clan members with you would help a lot.

If you're in a solo clan, you should downgrade your clan tier. It "only" costs 5000 samples at Ghost tier.

DE won't ever change the Hema cost (or mutagen samples being rare on Eris instead of uncommon) because "it would be unfair" to the few clans that researched it during the holiday after the update (nevermind when they reduced the costs of several other items after, these don't count) and you should just run derelicts because "its raining mutagen there" (also nevermind that this line was said when the derelicts didn't had matchmaking and required crafted keys)

Il y a 16 heures, Pakaku a dit :

They should already be an uncommon drop from Deimos in general, so you can do any mission there for drops, not just Cambrion Drift or bounties. It doesn't have excavation, but does at least have survival and defense if you're looking for something else endless

Well. The endless bounty cycle in the Cambrion Drift IS excavation. Mutagen Samples may be dropped while defending them.

6 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Well. The endless bounty cycle in the Cambrion Drift IS excavation. Mutagen Samples may be dropped while defending them.

That I forgot about, it's been ages since I've done a Deimos bounty

• Like 1

On 2024-06-28 at 10:32 PM, MobyTheDuck said:

DE won't ever change the Hema cost (or mutagen samples being rare on Eris instead of uncommon) because "it would be unfair" to the few clans that researched it during the holiday after the update (nevermind when they reduced the costs of several other items after, these don't count) and you should just run derelicts because "its raining mutagen there" (also nevermind that this line was said when the derelicts didn't had matchmaking and required crafted keys)

The cost of the Hema isn't a problem it's the fact that Mutagen Samples drop in such a low quantity. I had an easier time farming Oxium than I am with these.

On 2024-06-28 at 8:03 PM, Exxion said:

The Hema grind is famously terrible. I did it mostly on Deimos Survival with Ore Gaze Nekros and both resource boosters. Having more clan members with you would help a lot.

If you're in a solo clan, you should downgrade your clan tier. It "only" costs 5000 samples at Ghost tier.

I have 25 people in clan rn (granted a good chunk of them are about to time out,) but even still, I won't be able to lower the size rn and I don't wat a solo clan ya know? That's a whole other can of worms..

On 2024-06-28 at 7:42 PM, Pakaku said:

Oh I've been doing the Deimos bounty grind for sure. You get what I'm saying though, right? If there's no Infested Excavation, what about Hive? why doesn't that drop more (or any some games?)

Is Hema a grail weapon for you for any reason other than it being hard to get?  As someone who felt and feels the weapon is pretty meh, IMO the Hema grind was bearable...since I didn't grind for it.  I was basically just pleasantly surprised when one day I had 5000 mutagen samples.    It took several years of course.  OTOH Deimos didn't exist yet, and it's made collecting mutagen much, much easier.  So my recommendation to someobody who neither likes the grind nor cares about Hema itself is: maybe just go a little more out of your way to do most or all of Deimos, as well as recurring missions there.  And don't think about it too much otherwise.

As far as the topic goes, I certainly wouldn't object to even more mutagen availability.  If we do get Infested Lich content, maybe that'll be Deimos squared for the stuff.