Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why, De, Why?

EDeN153

I just did a Salad V run, both him and Zanuka are supposed to be mid-game material, right? If so then why did I encounter a level forty Zanuka and Salad? Level forties are the equivalent of level one hundreds post D2.0, even the Rhino who was spamming iron skin got downed. So, DE, can you scale them better? It was like Vor after he got revamped, he could spawn at any level, now Zanuka and Salad are rushing at us (well, not Salad, he's cowering behind Zanuka) with an OP DPS, downing us in a few hits.

Funnily enough, just a couple of days ago people were complaining that the Alad V fight was too easy.

DE is probably in a phase right now where they are still trying to find the appropriate balance of difficulty for their new boss.

Unfortunately, the only way they can do that is with forum feedback. Which can be... schismatic at times.

Personally, I can't understand why. It can't be used to shorten the name, because it technically takes more effort to type "Salad V" than "Alad v".

It's like people calling Catalysts and Reactors potatoes. The Warframe audience has a thing for vegetables. I personally call Alad V "Vlad" though, cause why not. 

WHY, DE, WHY?

DE: "Why not?"

But on topic: it should scale... but the problem is that right now he's not following the rules that apply to the other bosses (ie: no scaling). Once scaling is applied across the board -and applied correctly- this shouldn't be an issue.

I just did a Salad V run, both him and Zanuka are supposed to be mid-game material, right? If so then why did I encounter a level forty Zanuka and Salad? Level forties are the equivalent of level one hundreds post D2.0, even the Rhino who was spamming iron skin got downed. So, DE, can you scale them better? It was like Vor after he got revamped, he could spawn at any level, now Zanuka and Salad are rushing at us (well, not Salad, he's cowering behind Zanuka) with an OP DPS, downing us in a few hits.

Because your team had high end weapons and warframes.

I'm sorry about that, but y'know, DE wants feedback. Either way, it's not that he's too hard, it's that he's got terrible scaling.

that's not it - most of those topics are crated by "old" players and they are not as constructive the ones created by more or less new players that don't have gear for 50+ enemies.

But i can tell that Alad is only annoying while Zanuka is the power horse. De should balance them - Alad traps / zanuka even more agile and less dps

Edited by Cracken

You want to know why? Simple. The sheer number of people shouting "BUFF SALAD V!" since his intro is the reason. DE caved and changed a low-mid tier boss into what you found. 

Don't blame DE, blame the 5x forma'ed everything players who rushed him in seconds and screamed for buffs.

You want to know why? Simple. The sheer number of people shouting "BUFF SALAD V!" since his intro is the reason. DE caved and changed a low-mid tier boss into what you found. 

Don't blame DE, blame the 5x forma'ed everything players who rushed him in seconds and screamed for buffs.

It is why I am so vocal against these idiots plaguing our forums nowadays.

They won't be happy until everything is so ridiculous that only a few hardcore players stick around because nobody else can get anything done.

I hate to say it, but Thank God I got my Valkyr before they did this.

Edited by Xylia

I just did a Salad V run, both him and Zanuka are supposed to be mid-game material, right? If so then why did I encounter a level forty Zanuka and Salad? Level forties are the equivalent of level one hundreds post D2.0, even the [size=5]Rhino who was spamming iron skin got downed.[/size] 

So, DE, can you scale them better? It was like Vor after he got revamped, he could spawn at any level, now Zanuka and Salad are rushing at us (well, not Salad, he's cowering behind Zanuka) with an OP DPS, downing us in a few hits.

Your Rhino was doing it WRONG.

Zanuka negates iron skin with his debuff skill which is a weaker version of the stalker's dispel.

The Rhino is an idiot for wasting energy. He should be spamming stomp.

I did the game with a Mag and my Excalibur. He was level 40.

I still down him, not as quickly but I rarely took any damage because I was using radial blind. 

Edited by fatpig84

DE screwed up Scaling in general along with XP rates, why the heck should you expect something as complex as a boss to be scaled properly when someone didn't adjust the relevant numbers when they remade the ratios?

Nope, this one is, as I said, purely down to the vocal minority who ran a lvl 14 boss with max-rank-everything and screamed "MAKE HIM HARDER!!!11!"

Thank God I got my Valkyr before they did this.

Me too Xylia, me too!

Edited by EirikAura