The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status effects not inheriting energy colors causes me physical pain.

nicolajtheking2

(this is a copy-paste of a support ticket I've made that got "solved" by directing me here)

Hello, I have a handicap (Aspergers syndrome) which makes me visually inclined, this means I NEED to be able to see clearly what I am doing otherwise I get sharp pains in my brain, akin to getting a hot knife stabbed into it, over and over and over again, along with voices telling me to do things that will cause harm to myself...

As you can imagine this is quite unpleasant, I really want to continue to play the game but as it currently stands I simply can't do that for longer than 20-30 minutes at a time without having to leave my PC and take painkillers.

I would very much appreciate it if this could be reverted or for an accessibility option to be added that reverses the change so I can actually see what enemies I am hitting with my weapons again.

Edit:
Case 1 is pre-jade shadows and Case 2 is post-jade shadows.

Case 1.
You have set your energy colors on your weapon to be purple and gold (very pale yellow), let's say you use heat on your weapon, now when you hit and trigger the heat proc then the heat proc would be purple and gold in coloration, easily identifying that you had hit the enemy since purple and gold colored fire is not used anywhere else in the game.

Case 2.
Same as above but now the fire from your heat proc is no longer purple and gold colored, but instead is the basic fire color which is very muted in comparison to the purple and gold that I use as an example, this makes it much harder for me in particular to easily identify if an enemy have been successfully procced with heat or not.

Edited by nicolajtheking2
Addition of examples based on feedback.
  • Like 20

I have been trying to reach out to DE and make them reconsider this change, and it infuriates me that it has come to me having to pull the "I have a condition" card, I hate having to pull this, but I honestly do not know how else to reach DE... I have been asking them for weeks to undo it, but every time it is ignored or DE-leted for some reason.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GeorgeFernell said:

It would help if you explained what precisely is the problem.

The problem is that due to my handicap I need to be able to see clearly what I am doing, before the change I could easily orient myself and know what enemies I have damaged, now I have no idea what enemies are affected by what status or if they are currently affected by a status effect, meaning that I can no longer actually orient myself and know what is going on, this leads to my brain effectively reaching the conclusion that something is very wrong and I need to go and do self-harm because that is apparently easier to grasp than what is on-screen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

before the change I could easily orient myself and know what enemies I have damaged, now I have no idea what enemies are affected by what status or if they are currently affected by a status effect

Ok but, can you describe the before & after? Describe Case 1 vs Case 2 of what exactly changed? Cause I have seen no changes with  this in the game over the last year.

• Like 1

@GeorgeFernellFrom Patch Note of Update 36 : Jade Shadow

Citation

Status Effects no longer inherit Energy Colors, so players can more easily identify when an enemy is affected by a Status Effect.

I personaly agree to, at least, have the option to having the Energy Color changing the Status Effect visual or not.

Edited by Okaazkul
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Okaazkul said:

@GeorgeFernellFrom Patch Note of Update 36 : Jade Shadow

I personaly agree to, at least, have the option to having the Energy Color changing the Status Effect visual or not.

I straight up did not know that statuses had colours lol. You guys might have some graphics settings on that I don't. The only visible status that I remember is magnetic has horizontal lines around the enemy, but I think it was just blue like the shields.

29 minutes ago, GeorgeFernell said:

Ok but, can you describe the before & after? Describe Case 1 vs Case 2 of what exactly changed? Cause I have seen no changes with  this in the game over the last year.

Case 1.
You have set your energy colors on your weapon to be purple and gold (very pale yellow), let's say you use heat on your weapon, now when you hit and trigger the heat proc then the heat proc would be purple and gold in coloration, easily identifying that you had hit the enemy since purple and gold colored fire is not used anywhere else in the game.

Case 2.
Same as above but now the fire from your heat proc is no longer purple and gold colored, but instead is the basic fire color which is very muted in comparison to the purple and gold that I use as an example, this makes it much harder for me in particular to easily identify if an enemy have been successfully procced with heat or not.

16 minutes ago, GeorgeFernell said:

I straight up did not know that statuses had colours lol. You guys might have some graphics settings on that I don't. The only visible status that I remember is magnetic has horizontal lines around the enemy, but I think it was just blue like the shields.

This is a feature that have been in the game for pretty much as long as the game have been around and was recently removed in the initial jade shadows update.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

Case 1.

Case 2.

This is a feature that have been in the game for pretty much as long as the game have been around and was recently removed in the initial jade shadows update.

I see, I'm sorry that causes issues for you.
You should probably edit the original post with this clarifications so that people can better understand that its a real issue, cause I bet 99.9% just like me did not notice that anything happened.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, GeorgeFernell said:

I see, I'm sorry that causes issues for you.
You should probably edit the original post with this clarifications so that people can better understand that its a real issue, cause I bet 99.9% just like me did not notice that anything happened.

I'll add and edit with the clarifications, it kinda sucks that I am made this way since I love playing warframe but this one singular change is making it impossible for me to play the game I've been enjoying for 10 years by now...

Replaced a word with one that better fit.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I frequently have to double-check whether one of the "blue aura" enemies I encounter
is maybe a Simaris target or just Rad proc'd (e.g. by my green energy Sentinel) ... this is hardly ideal.

An option for whether or not your - and other players' - color choices affect proc visuals would be very nice.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, (PSN)yokai1235 said:

i have aspergers syndrome and that doesent bother me the op is just being overly dramatic

Ah yes. Because every person diagnosed with that has the exact same effects, it's not a wide spectrum or anything.

Lack of empathy aside, do you actually also think the current way it works is the best it could be?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Ah yes. Because every person diagnosed with that has the exact same effects, it's not a wide spectrum or anything.

Lack of empathy aside, do you actually also think the current way it works is the best it could be?

nothing in warframe is the best it could be 

the game procs are not strong enough to cause such alarming levels of sensory overload that is why i saying the op is being dramatic or has a really f up monitor and the reason i say that is because i know that half of these supposed headaches are probably more caused by frustration than really a real headache they normally go away when the person calm down yes it's a thing and yes people with asperger can get extremely frustrated with the dumbest things but is treatable by just getting used to the diference it can go from days to weeks to months

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PSN)yokai1235 said:

nothing in warframe is the best it could be 

the game procs are not strong enough to cause such alarming levels of sensory overload that is why i saying the op is being dramatic or has a really f up monitor and the reason i say that is because i know that half of these supposed headaches are probably more caused by frustration than really a real headache they normally go away when the person calm down yes it's a thing and yes people with asperger can get extremely frustrated with the dumbest things but is treatable by just getting used to the diference it can go from days to weeks to months

Adaptation to change varies greatly from person to person, I.E I can't watch youtube videos about warframe since they all use the new colored 'pop-out' damage numbers, this is also caused by my condition, also your claims are straight up wrong in my case, everything concerning warframe was either perfect or okay BEFORE jade shadows, it is only here, after the update that my issues made themselves fully known.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

Adaptation to change varies greatly from person to person, I.E I can't watch youtube videos about warframe since they all use the new colored 'pop-out' damage numbers, this is also caused by my condition, also your claims are straight up wrong in my case, everything concerning warframe was either perfect or okay BEFORE jade shadows, it is only here, after the update that my issues made themselves fully known.

so is the damage numbers not the procs that is a easy fix just lower the opacity and size of the damage numbers on settings you can also just remove it

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, (PSN)yokai1235 said:

so is the damage numbers not the procs that is a easy fix just lower the opacity and size of the damage numbers on settings you can also just remove it

What I mentioned above was an example of how hard it is for me to adapt to new things, it is not the actual issue, that however can be found in my original post.

• Like 2