Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptive mod Levels!

Red_Zoom

Upgrading mods is expensive. Getting them to MAX level is even more expensive! We ALWAYS need Forma for ANY mod that's maxed that goes over 10 capacity cost.
A lot of players, myself included, believe that a feature long overdue is the ability to CHANGE/ADAPT a mod's level once it's maxed. This would GREATLY DECREASE Player Burn-out from having to farm so much to have their mod installed(Level up weapons; Get Forma; Get Endo; etc) When they only need 1 more capacity because their mod is maxed.

It would be AMAZING if we could have this feature, as not a lot of players MAX mods anyways since it's so expensive, but now, if we added the *Ability to adapt a mod's level manually, as well as automatically based on left-over capcity*, EVERY player would LOVE grinding to MAX all their mods, since at that point they would be able to use the same mod on any warframe, just needing to reduce the level a bit.
I appreciate everything the Warframe team has done for us in the past, and I hope that you see this suggestion as something fair, and as something us players have wanted for years! 

Thank you for everything :)

7ac4980120ad4bf3cd3510da3c3e03c4.png

This is the one difference that would have players' hearts locked in Warframe ❤️

• Like 2

This has been suggested many times before, and the official stance from 2015 is as follows:

On 2015-09-10 at 8:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The mod rank selection (sometimes referred to as underclocking) is a good (frankly great) concept but under the hood it is a bit of a nightmare with the way Mod info is stored per account. It is a very, very hard issue to solve, it technically has a solution in game now with copies of mods, and right now I don't see it entering the dev's pile of priorities considering how much full their current plate is.  Maybe one day.

DE always has the approach of "never say never", but this sort of thing seems futile to try and tackle given the workaround is to just own more copies of mods, especially if it was a technical challenge 9 years ago when we had much fewer mods and fewer types of mods. I don't see this happening. I would just buy duplicates of mods and rank them to a desired rank. To be quite honest, the only time I have used a de-ranked version of a mod is through specific Corrupted Mods. Outside of niche cases, I just Forma to fit maxed mods.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

That's the ONLY solution to this problem that we have. Getting more of the same mod, which is the entire reason I'm making a post, to stop that.

And I'm not making the post to say how great it is to use de ranked versions of mods, I'm making to say how BAD it is, because we're STUCK using un-maxed mods, since we can't AFFORD to waste all that time and effort to FORMA 30 WARFRAMES because our Primed Continuity went up by 2 levels. THIS is why this feature is needed, and it's now more than ever.

13 minutes ago, Red_Zoom said:

That's the ONLY solution to this problem that we have. Getting more of the same mod, which is the entire reason I'm making a post, to stop that.

And I'm not making the post to say how great it is to use de ranked versions of mods, I'm making to say how BAD it is, because we're STUCK using un-maxed mods, since we can't AFFORD to waste all that time and effort to FORMA 30 WARFRAMES because our Primed Continuity went up by 2 levels. THIS is why this feature is needed, and it's now more than ever.

Beyond the technical difficulty, it might also never come because it also means fewer grind.

Prime mods : "Requiring" you to have duplicates = more ducats = more primes grinded / plats invested

Umbra mods "Requiring" you to have duplicates = more Simaris standing

Ranking duplicate mods separately : More endo/credits

It's definitely not an ideal solution (picture me buying a second Umbral Intensify mod and maxing it, now having 2 maxed Umbral Intensify instead of 1xR8+1xR10), but I can understand why they're reluctant to change it.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

The only time I've found maxing mods for my own use to be expensive was in the first few months I started playing.  There have been times I've run low on endo (never, ever credits) since then, but only because I was engaged in trading maxed mods.  So it's hard for me personally to view the system as expensive.   To the degree it might be, it seems to me that could be more simply addressed by giving newer players natural access to more endo as they progress.  Perhaps as part of the rewards for finishing junctions.   I don't see it as a long term problem after that.

I'd love to be able to underclock mods anyway though.  Not because of endo, and not because I'm short on duplicates, but rather just to tidy up the mod screen.  I have lots of partially ranked duplicates that I very occasionally use, mostly for testing purposes.  It'd be great to cut down on that clutter without losing my ability to use underranked mods.

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Beyond the technical difficulty, it might also never come because it also means fewer grind.

I'm sure that's part of it.    If so, I can imagine a system that takes that into account and allows underclocking.  For example, for a maxed rank mod to be underclockable, it first has to be enhanced by fusing it with another maxed rank duplicate. 

A system like that is hardly going to make the OP happy, lol.  And probably not going to get a lot of use from players in general unless it came with other benefits.  But I'd be very happy to see it.

4 hours ago, Red_Zoom said:

Getting more of the same mod, which is the entire reason I'm making a post, to stop that.

Shame, my friend... because DE were publicly on DevStream and straight up said they would rather have players farm duplicates than give them this option.

When they say 'never say never' that's usually for things they haven't directly said they don't want to do.

On 2024-07-24 at 5:27 PM, Tiltskillet said:

The only time I've found maxing mods for my own use to be expensive was in the first few months I started playing.  There have been times I've run low on endo (never, ever credits) since then, but only because I was engaged in trading maxed mods.  So it's hard for me personally to view the system as expensive.   To the degree it might be, it seems to me that could be more simply addressed by giving newer players natural access to more endo as they progress.  Perhaps as part of the rewards for finishing junctions.   I don't see it as a long term problem after that.

I'd love to be able to underclock mods anyway though.  Not because of endo, and not because I'm short on duplicates, but rather just to tidy up the mod screen.  I have lots of partially ranked duplicates that I very occasionally use, mostly for testing purposes.  It'd be great to cut down on that clutter without losing my ability to use underranked mods.

I'm sure that's part of it.    If so, I can imagine a system that takes that into account and allows underclocking.  For example, for a maxed rank mod to be underclockable, it first has to be enhanced by fusing it with another maxed rank duplicate. 

A system like that is hardly going to make the OP happy, lol.  And probably not going to get a lot of use from players in general unless it came with other benefits.  But I'd be very happy to see it.

Thank you for your input! 
But I'm sure my post clearly states that the complaint isn't that maxing mods is expensive. Infact it SHOULD be expensive.
My complaint is I WANT TO MAX the mods, but doing so ASKS ME to remove the mod from all 999999 frames, which can you imagine getting a forma for every single frame that needs just that 1 capacity?

12 minutes ago, Red_Zoom said:

Thank you for your input! 
But I'm sure my post clearly states that the complaint isn't that maxing mods is expensive. 

Honestly your first post still reads to me like you're  calling out both the expense of upgrading them and the constraints of using them once they're maxed.    Anyway, while I think it's fair to say there's an issue with the latter, I don't personally see it as much of a problem per se.   It's why I have duplicate mods at different ranks.