Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When do we get scarlet spear back?

pizzeus

When do we get scarlet spear back or similar missions?

The oplink system was really great but after scarlet spear it died.

I want it back because I had fun playing with other teams.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pizzeus said:

Ops like that come once in a blue moon, so who knows when? Plague Star is the only thing that returns on a yearly basis.
Oplink was a solid concept, but execution felt rocky due to how many people were actually choosing to run the Earth mission over the Veil Proxima mission. They also had trouble just getting the Oplink system to run properly from the get-go, so that's why it had to be shelved.
I miss Trials more, those definitely were structured to incentivize a stronger sense of teamwork. Scarlet Spear did have an amazing reward pool though. We do need a large-scale Scarlet Spear/Orphix Venom op that centers around Pazuul & Narmer. Tau might be a way off, but it feels less like a pipe dream these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pizzeus said:

We just got out of Belly of the Beast?

I think for events it is on a 2-year cycle. The Vosfor system is a nice replacement allowing you to invest one mission's arcanes for another mission's arcanes.

Plaque Star, the other big event everyone wants back and is on a cyclic rotation happens every 2 years which we are approx 9 months removed from the last one to give you an idea of when that one is returning.

We had some Railjack changes so having a big reason to return to railjack like a Scarlet Spear re-run could be nice but those changes were a while ago. Maybe they could do archwing changes and bring it back at the same time since Archwing can be used for both mission types? That would be my dream scenario regarding this topic.

27 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It was so great, it caused several nerfs.

I wasn't around then but aren't the nerfs still felt today? I know there is Limbo's, not sure of who else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pizzeus said:

2035. "The year of ultimate collapse."

I was THERE for Scarlet Spear. It was bad.
Hell, I was not only there-- I still had my biggest friend group at the time there.

We all agreed it was preeeetty garbage. If it wasn't one of us waiting around for something to happen, it was us leaving because something broke.

It really wasn't. You got a majority of people on one side so the other had to wait around for a spare section of authorization to continue their work.
Quite literally sitting around and waiting.

... and that was assuming you had a Railjack that was durable enough for the event at the time.
Unlike the Railjack we have today, it worked a much, MUCH more expensive system back than.

May I interest you in a https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Law_of_Retribution in these trying times?

Jokes aside though, while raids were just as buggy?
I think the only thing surpassing that in the amount of "teamwork" truly needed in this game... is the damn Duviri puzzles.

8 hours ago, Liberator_Numen said:

I miss Trials more, those definitely were structured to incentivize a stronger sense of teamwork.

I would certainly be more inclined to see Trials come back.
As I'm listening to "Vide the Wicked" from Octopath Traveller? I VERY much enjoy the gimmick they had in that fight.
Spoiler: Of which you fight him with the entire game's characters. Making a party of 8 rather than 4.

If DE wants to make a TRULY BIG sense of scale for your missions? Having a boss that needs not 4 Tenno- but 8- to take it down is certainly a way to say "Hey, this isn't your average two-bit commander, this is something so strong that you NEED 8 different gods of destruction to even stand a chance."

I think we lack teamwork because this game is so easy. So such so that it's often easier to work alone.
Getting other players to cover the weaknesses of a Warframe was what made people pick Oberon back in the day.
When your Health bar was always seconds away from being obliterated, you either had someone to back you up or you fought with viscera between your teeth.
Nowadays, we just fight with our glazed over because we have no weaknesses to cover.

Hell, the biggest boss we have to fight with Warframes (No Archwings, Railjacks, etc.) was things like the Eidolons or Profit Taker.
Both of those are in Open Worlds though. With Profit Taker being littered with minions that can detract from the experience and Eidolons are cheesed to hell by now.
Otherwise you get things like Void Angels (meh), Jackal (buggy) or the Fragmented Tide. (actually good!)
Certainly big, but not.... "BIG", y'know?

Imagine fighting something the size of Jordas Golem, but without the Archwing. In an arena that pushes your parkour to the limits.
Having 8 players in their own sections so that SOMEBODY has to properly contribute at all times. Forcing players to work together.

Sounds like an amazing time to me!

8 hours ago, Numerounius said:

I wasn't around then but aren't the nerfs still felt today?

You wanna know why you can't heal Defense Objectives? (And that even if you can, it's a PITIFUL amount)

Yeah, Khora's Venari was used to heal that. They nerfed it DESPITE numerous sources- including DE's own tips section in the arsenal- saying it was intentional.
It would've been fine if they called it "balance"- which it was in a way- but they decided to go ahead and say it was "an unintentional exploit" or something along those lines.

So it called into question a lot of the changes at the time. Limbo was the most notable, being unable to freeze certain enemies because it made this one event stupid easy.

As for my own two cents?

I think the biggest thing people miss about Scarlet Spear isn't exactly Scarlet Spear itself. It's that sense of teamwork, to which I can completely agree with.
There felt like there were things at risk in the universe.  Teaming up to fight off an invading army from another solar system is naturally going to draw a crowd.

Everything in this game feels like you can solo it while blindfolded. Even the bosses.
I think the only one that can even give a smidge of trouble to most players is the "Fragmented Tide"
... and that's only because it disables the usual "cheese abilities" like Revenant's Mesmer Skin. (Even than, we now have other ways to reduce the battle to a mere chore.)

Very few things in this game feel like there's anything at risk. We're so powerful that we are effectively fated to win every time.
Even the last two events felt like it's progress was just linked to the day, not the actual effort of players.
Hell, the latest one with Jade didn't even get that much done. Our "lose condition" was that Parvos gets Jade Eximus... but we won (by default) and he still got them.
Which makes me question the premise of making it an event at all.

Since our actions mean nothing, so does the event. Since the event doesn't matter, it's rewards being "poofed" are the only incentive to play.
At that point, we're not doing the event because it's fun-- we're doing it because it has the next tier of macguffins to prepare for another slog.

I quit PSO2:NGS over this. Once the actual game loop became insufferable and just another "preparation simulator", I couldn't stand it anymore.
A shame too, I actually REALLY liked that game prior to it's questionable "revision".

It didn't help that all of our previous gear in that game became useless and outdated the second a new update came out after the revision.
... but the new weapons were often way too expensive, so it was a lottery just to even progress.
You needed to get that "Ultra Rare Drop" to even bother... which you'd end up selling to even afford basic necessities.
If you wanted to get cosmetics, you'd basically need to sacrifice ALL of your gear just to afford a handful of things on the latest selection.
Warframe can absolutely go down a similar route, though with it's own brands of mistakes and flaws.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Numerounius said:
10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It was so great, it caused several nerfs.

I wasn't around then but aren't the nerfs still felt today? I know there is Limbo's, not sure of who else.

They are.

Vazarin Protective Sling and healing allies/NPCs/Friendly structures in general (affects Khora and several healing/utility frames).

Edited by Zakkhar