The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which prime warframe to buy early game to complete the game

IAkashGargI

Question

I am new player to warframe. I want spend some money and buy 1 warframe that could complete entire game. I have watched multiple videos but confused since everyone has different opinion. There is 1 warframe Saryn that everyone mentiones. Should I go ahead with it ? 

You’re gonna need to expand on what you mean by “complete the game” because Warframe isn’t really the type of game where you just play through the story and be done. Even more-so because the story is still ongoing and some content can’t even be accessed until you get your MR (Mastery Rank) higher.

18 minutes ago, IAkashGargI said:

I want spend some money and buy 1 warframe that could complete entire game.

Not that kind of game. There are multiplee types of modes, different frames excel at. Also every frame is obtainable in game and the prime frames are not more powerful in any way.

It is also a matter of weapons.

18 minutes ago, IAkashGargI said:

There is 1 warframe Saryn that everyone mentiones.

Saryn is cool and can carry through most of the content where killing lots of stuff is important (but we got plenty of other modes where sometimes killing is unwanted). I wouldnt buy it though, as getting it in game is pretty easy.

Frame alone will not do much either, you have to mod it, because it comes modless, you need to obtain the mods, rank up and install. Then you have to pick the right weapons and those need to be modded too, then you should get the right companion (and its weapon) and mod them too. Mods come out of various places and can be used multiple times at multiple frames and weapons. And once you get there in questline you have to also get Arcanes for that frame and weapons and there are also archon shards.

Getting a frame is just a begining. You will not be able to succeed in the game (headstart) without playing the game.

This game is in general about getting and trying out everything. Closing yourself to just 1 frame (out of currently 49) is like going to All-you-can-eat Buffet just to eat half of a strawberry. 

If you want to spend money, buy plat and buy slots for frames and weapons.

Edited by Zakkhar

I think the intent of the OP was looking for advice on a prime warframe that could be invested in to carry into "end game", and I foresee that this topic could get quite contentious, but I think there really isn't a "right answer" to the question.  Several warframes have ended up with very similar kits and many frames could carry you into end game (SP. EDA, etc..) and theoretically, you wouldn't even need a prime warfame to do it.  There are plenty of non-prime frames that could do perfectly well into end-game if properly forma-ed, modded, and equipped.

I think, more importantly than feasibility into end-game would be how much fun a frame is to play for each player's play style, and really there's no way to know that by other people's suggestion.  The way that I've decided which primes to get was to play each of the non-primes for awhile and decide, "yeah, this one I like" or "this one definitely has specific uses in specific content" and on top of that I also think "even though I've invested some into the non-prime, I really like the bling of the prime" so I farm the shinier prime to replace the non-prime.  I get (usually) small boosts to HP, energy, or shields and one extra polarity, so one less forma to install.  Neither of which affects the base frame's ability to perform.

Warframe doesn't really have a pay-to-win aspect.  Spending real money is more about not having to farm (buying forma, for instance), getting more slots to have a wider arsenal of frames and weapons, or shiny customizations. I would not invest in a prime or prime access as a new player without already knowledge of which frame you're really going to enjoy.  More likely, you're going to want a bunch of frames, so maybe start with a easier loot frame to help you get all the other frames? (like a Khora or Nekros or something?). But still, what if you absolutely hate playing that frame when that's going to be the one that you're going to be using to slog through all the farming?

I think a more interesting question might be, where do people spend their money or platinum?  I've spent plat only to buy extra slots, gifts for friends, and skins (and then, I've only used plat for Ember's Pyraxis and Heirloom skins).  I think that's really it.

Edited by Anonymouse7611
typo
  • Like 2

I would say the most universal frames are Wisp and Titania. Wisp does better in defense types of missions and can somehow be used for spy missions (manageable, not outstanding), Titania is invaluable for some MR rank-ups. (you can buy prime variants of both from other players)

That said, I would not buy a prime frame at the start of the game and sit on it forever because that kinda defeats the idea of finding a new frame on the nodes and giving them a try - maybe they will fit you better.

edit: About Saryn - it is just a plain killer, who needs good weapons to shine. And mods. I think it would be a really bad starter frame.

Edited by kadlis12

This is a pretty easy question to answer, but it's a pretty hard question to answer well.

If you ask me, any Warframe, literally any Warframe works for the vast majority of content and I think you should just purchase whichever Warframe you feel like.

But some Warframes are hard to understand and others have kits that are kind of confusing or only really shine with a lot of investment.Personally I think Styanax is easy to understand and has a good, self-contained kit that doesn't need a lot of investment. But if I had to recommend one of the three starters between Excal/Volt/Mag, Mag is more than sufficient, which is to say you do not need to worry about a specific Warframe.

EDIT: Basically, any given Warframe loadout has to worry about three things, let me explain

Spoiler

1) How does it kill?
2) How does it maintain the resources to keep killing?
3) How does it not die?

And an older player can use other aspects of their kit, to address certain portions of these needs. Like, I can just say for #1 that I'm going to belch on the enemies with my Incarnon Torid until they stop moving, and for #2 and #3 I could use my Dethcube to keep shields up with Guardian and generate Energy Orbs, but I have to assume a new player doesn't necessarily have access to these.

But Styanax can kill with his 1 -> 4, his 3 gives him the energy for that combo, and his 2 and 3 both work to keep his health and shields up (mostly shields though) and I don't think a lot of Warframes can say they provide this complete package.

I'm only recommending Styanax as a go-to option for harder things (Imo, you should try whichever Warframe seems coolest to you and use Styanax or whichever you go with as a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of resort.) and I would mention that he doesn't do very well on 1v1s. But these are pretty unusual occurrences in the daily grind of Warframe so it shouldn't be a concern, and you might want his Intrepid Stand augment, but it is not essential.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Probably a good recommend though I would perhaps prefer revenant prime. Mesmer skin is the ultimate beginner crutch because in warframe weapons can kill and mesmer skin will keep you alive. 

He was one of the first ones I considered, but I feel like his kill potential is lacking (I think his 4 hasn't been adjusted for the damage rework, not sure of impact) and I don't know when a new player can acquire half-decent guns. Although, looking at the MR list it doesn't seem unfeasible to tell someone to go to Fortuna, make a Catchmoon and not worry about firepower for quite some time.

EDIT: I mean to reiterate if the OP ended up getting Revenant I wouldn't complain, there's a lot of valid options as long as proper modding is done, but I think Styanax is my #1 option.

EDIT2: Vermisplicer is going by MR requirements theoretically a fast option for a good crowdkiller gun but I somewhat doubt it is that accessible in practice.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

vor 5 Stunden schrieb IAkashGargI:

I am new player to warframe. I want spend some money and buy 1 warframe that could complete entire game. I have watched multiple videos but confused since everyone has different opinion. There is 1 warframe Saryn that everyone mentiones. Should I go ahead with it ? 

that's a lie. I have at least 4 builds for Saryn and I've been playing with her since release. But this is definitely not a Warframe for beginners and doesn't have the best performance when it comes to very high damage.

What I would do:
Buy Inaros prime and low level Arcane Grace. Ideally also install adaptation. That way the enemies will have a hard time. Because you're almost immortal. And by almost I mean almost all of the content. Because there are very few exceptions.

For steel path def missions you'll need a group. But the rest should be faceroll.

Yeah... thats not really the type of mindset you wanna have in this game if you wanna play for longer than few times,because warframe isnt that.                                  warframe doesnt have "complete" game, it has tragic sad dailies/weekly farms, speed run new content farms or in your case catch up farms for every single item & watch out for riven gambling hole.

There are better ways to enjoy the game than just go 0 to 9999% game breaking from start but if you want destroy EVERYTHING zero effort go nobrain monke slam spam , wukong + slam melee like titron super simple to get. If not, there are plenty of good frames and items for hardest content available in a playable manner.

BTW, i wouldnt trust content creators more than face value. Content creation is to catch attention, clickbait & its very bias. Great it attracted you to this game but there are plenty of options and ofcourse you may not like their playstyle or they could well ignore some things. 

WHY? because in recent years DE team has made good decisions for changes, fixes & new content that allows real usable variety for end game content which still isnt the max level enemies can reach!

On 2024-08-13 at 5:02 PM, Venus-Venera said:

What I would do:
Buy Inaros prime and low level Arcane Grace. Ideally also install adaptation. That way the enemies will have a hard time. Because you're almost immortal. And by almost I mean almost all of the content. Because there are very few exceptions.

For steel path def missions you'll need a group. But the rest should be faceroll.

This IS exactly how I did it.  

One could get Ash/Loki Prime.   Just run a high duration build to stay invisible as long as possible

• Like 1

You're in for an adventure. The rabbit hole is really deep. I'm years into this game and still far from being "done". Welcome and I hope you stick to it. Years from now you can look back at this post and realize how little you understood. But you're going to have an incredible time! :)

On 2024-08-13 at 3:02 PM, Venus-Venera said:

that's a lie. I have at least 4 builds for Saryn and I've been playing with her since release. But this is definitely not a Warframe for beginners and doesn't have the best performance when it comes to very high damage.

What I would do:

your leaving people to assume u have 4 _functional_ builds. this presupposition that becayse u have been playing her a long time we should listen to u
could be 4 builds. that are failed attempts to fly. becaiuse never left star chart earth. no evidence for or against that theory
are u gate keepiong saryn cuz u dont wanna be shown up? "no dont play my charracter you might be better then me. play this frame that i dont even think is capable of solo steel path missions. i dont care that u might be spending real blood sweat and tears money on this" could at least say revenant which has proven to goto level cap and the the starchart is litteraly haha funny to disco_rev. i prefer a bit more originality but its honest and OP woiuld get moneies worth. i got yourback and put in some details about inaros cheesing SP.  might help u out too =)

maybe you meant on a micro level how her skills mostly spores function and all the game mechanivs that are involved are alot for a new person to digest ?

macro level. 1:dot/armor debuff 2:decoy/movement speed +bomb if choose 3:more damage 4: aoe dot damage.... too complex for beginners? which yea gatekeeping with no evidenve against but now we have some for that theroy

OP is trying to make a decision. would u care to enlightne them about saryn with your vast wisdom?
contribute? much appreciated

PS. bonus inaros
misinformation or lying by omission dorsnt help new players. [elemental sandstorm] and he will group and nuke. SP be a faceroll 
[magus repair] far more accessible also 100% proc chance =) a good dagger on inaros and hes got life steal 
also a health tank. tho because of how his sandstorm gives time invuln and finisher iframes makes a good case for rolling guard.
i think he gets boring as your basically 'running' around invulnerable sandstorm and his kit can/is tied into finishers to function if only for large lifesteal. eximus laughing at sandstorm. O.P.erator him so u can iframe spam true damage finisher to face until overguard breaks lol (assume naramon slingstun and the other perk in that tree lol)

lol now i forgot why i originally came to forums..ooh shiney

vor 12 Minuten schrieb OuroborosGhost:

that becayse u have been playing her a long time we should listen to u
could be 4 builds. that are failed attempts to fly.

that's an embarrassing lie. I'm not floating in a pink pony magic world with rainbow vomit. I test everything. I do have very good 4+ builds with good performance.

what you're writing is unfortunately embarrassing nonsense that offends all common sense

There is no absolutely right answer to your question OP.

Cause your questions itself is having some incorrect assumptions, 

There is no winning per se in warframe , but you can make things much easier for youself when completing most missions.

There is also no point to having an easy frame if you don't have the right mods , so without decent modding you won't be winning anything.

Finally , you can get a frame that can (mostly) help you do everything with minimum inputs but that may make the game itself boring.

I recommend you try out a few things and decide what kind of playstyle you like first.

Since there are so many play styles, and we all end up having different preferences, I propose a slightly different approach. Continue along the path, and build the regular warframes as you are able. When you get to one you just love, then invest the money and buy that one.

You don't need a prime for this.  You don't need a single specific warframe for this.  Gear isn't the solution.  Mods and endo.  How "good" something is will be determined partially by its base stats, yes.  But almost nothing in the game is good without proper modding.  The best frames and weapons in the game aren't going to do the things you see them do when others use them, until you have the mods to make them strong and the endo to rank those mods up.  Rushing specific gear and trying to beeline to end game without doing any of the grind along the way is going to burn you out and then you'll leave at MR 7-15 like a million other players.  Every frame is usable all the way through to endgame.  Not in all content, because some of them are fairly specialized, but they'll all usable.  Over half the arsenal is also usable into endgame.  Plenty of it is trash, but it's easy to figure out what's what after a while.  Farm for the things that are where you are in the game and stop looking at the end of the road.

On 2024-08-13 at 11:33 AM, IAkashGargI said:

Advice from MR30

wukong prime - price 89p~
celestial twin - uses the weapon you don’t use(if you are using primary/secondary twin will use melee and vice versa)

defy- idr what it does 🤷🏽‍♂️

cloudwalker - spy mission helper and zoom machine

monke stick- monke stick

Wisp Prime - 45p~ passive when you jump you are invisible 

motes- grants haste, health and electricity damage (can be combine in one note with aug)

Her 2 idr name - become invisible(technically between dimensions and send a 2 wisp in the direction you were pointing can be comboed with 3 and 1) press again before timer is up for invulnerability 

breach surge - stupid damage blind cc

4 I forget what it is

revenant prime 39p~
mesmer skin->reave——->thral—>reave

thate if you want a 1 size fits all frame 

Edited by The_End_Kinda
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The_End_Kinda said:

Advice from MR30

wukong prime - price 89p~
celestial twin - uses the weapon you don’t use(if you are using primary/secondary twin will use melee and vice versa)

defy- idr what it does 🤷🏽‍♂️

cloudwalker - spy mission helper and zoom machine

monke stick- monke stick

Wisp Prime - 45p~ passive when you jump you are invisible 

motes- grants haste, health and electricity damage (can be combine in one note with aug)

Her 2 idr name - become invisible(technically between dimensions and send a 2 wisp in the direction you were pointing can be comboed with 3 and 1) press again before timer is up for invulnerability 

breach surge - stupid damage blind cc

4 I forget what it is

revenant prime 39p~
mesmer skin->reave——->thral—>reave

thate if you want a 1 size fits all frame 

All good advice. I second that. IF you want to spend plat. :)

• Like 1

Another comment. One part of the fun in the game can be in trying not to spend plat to shortcut things. I've played with two accounts, one to about MR15 and now to MR22 (higher if I bothered to finally get more tests done) and I'd be careful about spending plat and trying to "shortcut" too much. Sometimes doing the shortcut route means you miss out on some rewarding moments of fun because they required you to work harder and "earn it". That said, it's a balance. I got tired of trying to get a smeeta kavat so I just bought genetic codes to shortcut that somewhat. Mostly I'd recommend that you be patient and realize that this is a long haul game. It's not the kind of game that you play and "finish". But that is also what makes it amazing. You will see many people who take a break for a year or longer but come back to play. That's pretty amazing. I can't think of any other games like that.