The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Several Companion's mods and precepts don't work with Sevagoth's Shadow

Reposting this bug report here given that the release of Sevagoth Prime in this update make it all the more critical and this subforum is dedicated to this update content.

I noticed several problems with my Sentinel when using Sevagoth's Shadow. Here is some of them:

• Guardian: The sentinel never replanish Shadow's shields but do it with Sevagoth.
  • Tenacious Bond: Shadow's Claws don't get any crit damage increase while Sevagoth's weapons do get the buff.
  • Duplex Bond: Consuming energy with Shadow don't spawn new clones. Consuming energy with Sevagoth while in Shadow (due to Gloom still draining energy) do spawn new clone (and they will spawn around Sevagoth instead of around the Shadow).
  • Mystic Bond: The sentinel don't give the free cast to the Shadow but to Sevagoth. The Mystic Bond buff icon appear when coming back to Sevagoth.
  • Medi-ray: The sentinel never heal Shadow but do it with Sevagoth.
  • Aerial Bond: The sentinel don't produce the slowing area when Shadow is hovering but do it with Sevagoth.
  • Anti-Grav Array: Don't give max jump height to Shadow, only to Sevagoth.

Duplex Bond's case is the most telling on the source of the problem: the sentinel keep checking Sevagoth's energy pool instead of Shadow's one. It show that, even if the sentinel follow the Shadow, it is still tied to Sevagoth, only react to his state and give its benefit only to him. The ONLY exception i found is Shield Charger that do give max shield capacity to the Shadow. But well, it's Shield Charger… 😑

Anyway: this is a very annoying bug that prevent the usage of some very popular and useful mods and that greatly hinder the gameplay when using Sevagoth's Shadow.

• Like 4

Tandem Bond similarly has(?) an issue.

Heavy attacking as Sevagoth's Exalted Shadow, will only provide a 30% damage bonus to your companion (see below), regardless of your present combo counter. Heavy attacking using a regular melee with Sevagoth, and having a 12x combo, you will see the 360% damage bonus as expected. This was tested in the Simulacrum, for clarity.

I think I figured out why the above happens. If your combo duration runs out on your main melee, it takes the heavy combo value from that instead of Shadow's Claws at the time of heavy attacking. The mod also doesn't add combo to the claws.

The section I deleted was a misunderstanding and confusion I had with thinking Tennokai and non-Tennokai attacks were tracked separately and that is why the damage bonus was reset. Tandem Bond will simply overwrite the damage bonus value even if the one you have active currently is higher.

Despite not being updated with the current suite of Parazon Animations, and enemies losing their Mercy indicator upon using the ability, Sevagoth's Exalted Shadow can proc Covert Bond. This is only currently available on Hounds and Thralls (and I assume all other Secret/Requiem Mercy applicable targets). I thought this was interesting enough to mention given its niche application.

Edited by Lahared
  • Like 1