Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Defense Missions Reactant

MekaDovah

So to the bewilderment of my entire group, we encountered a situation where a wave could go by in a defense mission and we didn't get enough reactant to open the relic that wave.

I would suggest making it so all missions drop reactant at the same rate as an Exterminate: quickly and in abundance. Especially on any mission where we have a limited amount of time or enemies to gather them in the first place. That this outcome is possible is wasting our time.

• Like 1

I think I've only ever seen this in Defense when one or more people are nuking indiscriminately, and especially in early rounds. The workaround is slowing up just a bit and letting some more mobs get corrupted before killing them.  Generally it becomes less and less a problem as it progresses.

I'm not saying it should even be possible for active players to not  get enough reactant in Defense.  Just that we have some control in the meantime until DE fixes the problem.

1. Do not have console host.

2. Do not nuke everything as soon as it shows, group them up ad wait for the corruption to hit.

3. Do not spread around the map.

4. Have some kind of loot multiplier.

15 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not saying it should even be possible for active players to not  get enough reactant in Defense.  Just that we have some control in the meantime until DE fixes the problem.

It should. Gameplay mechanics is clear and mindlessly ignnoring it should have repercussions.

57 minutes ago, MekaDovah said:

I would suggest making it so all missions drop reactant at the same rate as an Exterminate: quickly and in abundance.

Console host + people ignoring the corruption mechanic will cause the problem also in Extermination. Especially if people strreamline asap to the Extraction.

Edited by Zakkhar

20 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It should. Gameplay mechanics is clear and mindlessly ignnoring it should have repercussions.

I'd usually agree, but not in this case.  There's too much  difference between Defense everywhere else and Defense in void fissures, purely because reactant drops there are very stingy compared to player power.   It's a needless friction point for players.  And between players, when some of them understand the issue and some don't yet.  (Or want to troll.)

AFAICT the design purpose of reactant isn't to inflict repercussions on people who are just playing normally, but rather to keep those who are completely AFK  from benefiting from relic rewards.  Reactant can flow more freely than it does in Defense and leave that goal intact.

• Like 1